That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I remember how hard the 5* required nodes were when those first started and my 5* roster was pathetic. For some of us it’s been a fairly long time since anything was an actual challenge in this game. It will be a while before I can regularly complete the challenge mode, but until then I will just work on max progression rewards and not worry about placement as much.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a progression-only player I kind of like that it's this hard. It brings me a bit of that accomplishment I used to feel trying to do a Crash node in DDQ with a 1 purple cover Professor X or whatever. 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As a progression-only player I kind of like that it's this hard. It brings me a bit of that accomplishment I used to feel trying to do a Crash node in DDQ with a 1 purple cover Professor X or whatever. 
    Yeah, definitely. This is why the challenge node belongs in DDQ and not PVE, as long as PVE is timing based.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Yeah, definitely. This is why the challenge node belongs in DDQ and not PVE, as long as PVE is timing based.
    It's fine to have a challenge node in pve.  But it should be separate from the 7/6 scoring grind.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why is it fine, and why would it not be a daily rotated DDQ node? This would seem much easier to me and decoupled from the placement/scoring of PVE?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Why is it fine, and why would it not be a daily rotated DDQ node? This would seem much easier to me and decoupled from the placement/scoring of PVE?
    Maybe it's not supposed to be easy.

You're trying really hard to fix a problem that the devs might not see as a problem in the first place.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still think that if they didn't make us do every nodes 4 times, and it was just 2 for max progression, it would be way more fun.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    supergarv said:

You're trying really hard to fix a problem that the devs might not see as a problem in the first place.
    If only there were a medium that could exist in which a dev could post their intentions and the methods behind their madness.  A forum for conversation, of a sorts, maybe?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    JHawkInc said:
    supergarv said:

If only there were a medium that could exist in which a dev could post their intentions and the methods behind their madness.  A forum for conversation, of a sorts, maybe?
    It's a shame you're new here, otherwise you'd know better than to think that's a reasonable response based on the way these forums interact with anything the devs say.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    pheregas said:
    JHawkInc said:
    supergarv said:

It's a shame you're new here, otherwise you'd know better than to think that's a reasonable response based on the way these forums interact with anything the devs say.
    LOL

I know exactly what I said and why.  :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares said:
    I still think that if they didn't make us do every nodes 4 times, and it was just 2 for max progression, it would be way more fun.
    Wait...pve is supposed to be "fun"? I have been doing it wrong all this time...
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I beat them at lvl650 on the first try using my lvl452 BRB, lvl 451 kitty, and lvl 420 carnage.  Took 12 minutes though.  Edit:  forgot to mention I used a MBW TU.

I used to play scl9 competitively but now do scl10 for progression.  It’s great being able to clear nodes whenever I feel like it and still get better rewards.  Now that I’m no longer racing against the clock I can sit back and puzzle through these difficult battles.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used PX/Thor/Iceman on Doom node and on Carnage node late clears. Fourth through seventh, for sure.

Used different teams earlier, and I forgot which one in Meet R&G by now, but for Carnage, first 3 clears I did with SpiderGwen/Miles/Miguel. Wiped couple of times on 3rd try (really dry boards) and with no more health packs tried the team that worked previous pve. Without PX boost, it took a while longer, but it was still possible to stunlock all 3.  Except one bad board without match 4's and running out of blue tiles (stupid "neutral" CDs). Retreated that time.
  • Ed5566
    Ed5566 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2020
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Ed5566 said:
    It was a challenge, but my 451 Okoye, 451 Hawkeye and 250 worthy cap enjoyed shredding carnage and friends
    Against lvl 650s? I tried them in one of the first few clears, I think. Maybe I got hit by a cascade or 2, but my Cap (boosted from 290 to 389) was downed very quickly. Add: I tried it again, I managed to get Carnage down to 90k before Cap is downed. Maybe it can work.

I saw and tried TriSentinel's team of ProfX Kitty Rogue. It's working quite well. I'm not paying too much attention for placement this event, because I know people will have problems timing the grind against Mindless Ones and the other nodes. I'm just going to try beating each nodes 7 times and see where I land.

Also tried LukusDaniel's ThorOkoyeIceman suggestion. It's not bad. With Iceman tanking yellow for Okoye in my team, she's only tanking black which could be a problem. But with Iceman's stuns the match is more manageable.

Kept stunning carnage with cap. venom’s match damage was enough to trigger cap’s countdowns but not cause too much pain, once you get 6 charged tiles down, boosted with 20+ team up from Okoye. My Cap was hitting over 100k with a stun added in! Enough board management and was often ending the fight with Okoye and Hawkeye in full health. Though did fail spectacularly on some occasions.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't seem to have any of team combos being offered up here to beat this node.  I did succeed in one clear but even the 2nd clear is too difficult for my Thorkoye + whoever it seems.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think there is a real Orde of Operations for who to attack first on this one. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Let's try to find a workable team. 

I've seen a few teams being mentioned in the other threads. They might work for the first 4 clears, but to clear it at 650 3x is a different matter altogether. I've actually used Riri and Vulture to do 2 of my clears.

Carnage at lvl 650 has a match damage of 3905, 3471, and 3037.. we're taking damage of 10k per turn at least. His red deals 39k for 6AP and another 11k to the other members if he has enough special tiles. He is being fed green by the symbiote. The symbiote makes 1.5k special tiles to fuel Carnage's red and passive and it deals 18k from the CD.

Denying red and green will only work for a few turns. I tried using Daredevil and AP boosts to try stealing the tiles, but it wasn't enough because the tiles were too weak. Perhaps a different combo or a different timing when to steal the tiles might work.

Venom might seem like an afterthought, but he would stun us for a turn with just 6 purple APs. His Devour deals 48k or 115k if he has 8 web tiles.
    Thanks for the Vulture/Riri tip, I paired them with Okoye and did the 2nd, 3rd and 4th clear with them.  I did wipe once but on the other 3 clears, I didn't take much damage with Vulture airborne and Okoye healing.  You have to keep throwing Carbage airborne and then, for me I focused on the symbiote as Venom wasn't much trouble for me, just kept black AP away from him.  Eventually Okoye's passive damage boost makes Riri's blue and green do amazing damage and then you use Okoye's red to control countdown tiles of keep black matches away from Venom.  Finally, Vulture just mass produced enough green/blue to never let Carbage do anything.  The first few turns are critical though to get enough black to get Vulture airborne.  The fourth and final clear I did, I did bring AP boosts to ensure I could get the engine going fast enough.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They couldn't handle Carnage, but Prof/Kitty/5torm dealt with the sub 2 Mindless Ones just fine. Takes forever, but they have enough board control and tanking power that they can last long enough to eventually grind them down.
  • BagPuss
    BagPuss Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    How long for that sub 2 open? 
    People in s1 still not finished yet I hear....  :D