That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Arctic Circle challenge node

Goblin/Ares/Grenadier

Not hard at all... But as an earlier post said, if Ares feels like popping you with his green that Grenadier is feeding him, it hurts!

My suggestion is bring Kitty along, and focus on Ares first. Once you get rid of him, the green only comes out as a slow countdown which Kitty eats and spits at Goblin.

So Gritty worked well for me, while my 3rd ended up dying to a Ares green each time. Eh, no big loss. It was a stall tactic until Ares died anyways.

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Goblin/Ares/Grenadier I went with Sabretooth/Thor/Okoye (RTF helps here for me too) and pushed through the 4 clears without too much trouble. I tried a couple of other teams first, which got a bit messy.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve heard of Hawkeye/Coulson being almost winfinite and am wondering how. With HammerCap, I can use his blue to almost perma-stun once it gets rolling but with no blue/red stun how does that work? I’m guessing a third person who could stun would be nice, but I like Okoye for the damage force multiplier on the cheap powers.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not sure how well it would work in SCL10.....in lower SCLs you can get enough stuff going with Hawkeye alone, and dmg bursts and AP gen from all the CDs Coulson makes when you use HE's blue. Eventually you're Out of Arrows and hitting with HE's blue. All those cheap powers get Coulson placing his CDs etc etc.

It's not a permastun team so it wouldn't work too hot on SCL10's harder nodes. You just stun the one person and work on the others. HE's invisibility arrow helps.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you chase team up, Coulson will shorten random CDs, so you can gain AP like that. You don’t have to wait for them to expire nagurally

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's not a true infinity engine like charlie's angels where you can actually prevent the enemy from taking any turns for dozens of cycles.

But HE/Coulson, does generally limit the enemy team to a handful of turns in any given match. the goal is basically to burn through HE's blue asap and then drop everyone with "out of arrows" (it's quite easy to generate 30 blue AP a turn once the engine gets going, so keeping blue tiles on the board is more of a challenge than collecting ap).

Worthy changes things up a bit as he offers much more stunlock potential (and when combined with strike tiles or okoye, much more damage potential), so the goal is less about rushing through HE's blue as fast as possible and more about juggling stun with damage and the jump-in-front mechanic.

• Daredevil217
    Options

I imagine Hawkeye with Cap/Coulson could be winfinite but without the force multiplier would take an eternity to whittle down health.

I might try Coulhawk with Gamora and try to stunlock and set up the “Deadliest Woman”. Could be interesting.

• Vhailorx
    Options

I don't think so, because ultimately any HE engine is depending upon CDs expiring. and that means advancing turns. Maybe if the ap cap were higher, you could get these matches down to just a couple of turns, but with a 30ap limit you already waste a ton of blue ap with HE/worthy.

You need tile converting powers to generate a true infinity engine in MPQ, or at least massive boardshake (a la the old mohulk engine teams).

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Buffed characters: widow, wiccan, north star. This time nodes are eternal. Take gamora and try it but this time you are on your own.

Said devs between big lols.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

I used HE, hammer cap, 5 star DD on the challenge nodes during venom bomb. On the BSSM and two symbiote nodes all i had to do was keep BSSM stunned with Hammer cap blue. I used HE charged arrow and Hammer caps red to create a ton of charged tiles to boost hammer caps blue and DD purple stole all the symbiote special tiles and turned them into strike tiles plus his extra damage on stunned enemies.

One game I had Hammer caps blue doing about 122K damage per fire.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mediterranean challenge node:

Kingp4n/Sentry/Dak2n

...you're not gonna believe me... But i lost with Pr5fX/Chavez/Wiccan (boosted)...

...yet WON all 4 clears with Gritty + EMMA (boosted)!

Let it sink in.

Emma helped Gritty loads more than I imagined here. Sure, i didnt pick her for no reason... But i didnt expect her to turn the tide, either!

Let it be known that i DID put the SP//DR support, lvl 4, on Emma, for basically a 66% chance to start with 5 yellow AP. This allowed me to match 3 yellow and easily throw out Kitty's protects, or Emma's yellow repeater. I usually went for the protects first, then the repeater later, if i had protects already on board.

Why did Emma help so much? Because of her purple. It costs 10, so you gotta aim for purple when you can, but it basically assisted Kitty in getting rid of the strikes that Daken and Sentry keep placing. Those strikes are strong! As long as those strikes dont exist, if Sentry fires off green or red, your protects should absorb the damage easily. Even Kingpin's countdowns arent a problem if your protects have a few turns to buff.

And emma helps by keeping enemy tiles down with Kitty, AP stealing when there are no strikes, and more strike generation for yourself if you get her yellow out. Bonus - throw out Kitty's red when sentry's green countdowns are out there. Twice this happened, and twice my board was filled with attack tiles, and all for the cost of single digit health per character.

It wasnt bad at all... But when i tried this with Pr5fX/Chavez/Wiccan (boosted), i couldnt kill one of them. Those strikes added up too fast.

• Vhailorx
    edited February 2020
    Options

This sounds like a good opponent for thorkoye+sabertooth, especially if your okoye can tank red for thor. All that free boardshake and damage from enemy strikes.

I imagine thid team will struggle a bit more against 650s, when even okoye may struggle to stay up after a a handful of turns, but for the first 4 clears, I think it will be fun.

• CT1888
    Options
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They seem to really, really like Green Goblin in these challenge nodes. He isn't the toughest 5* opponent they could have chosen but that black can hit hard. When paired with a goon, what makes him so dangerous is that fortifying of countdown tiles, really makes Okoye's board control much worse.

• Daredevil217
    edited February 2020
    Options

Definitely rethinking my support allocation with CL10. I used to only use 5*s outside of Thorkoye, Kitty, Thanos and Daredevil (to eat Court Death) when essential, with occasional appearances from Panther and Strange. So I just tended to throw supports on fives I’d use once a year without much thought. Now though, as an example, I just put SP//DR (rank 3) on Iceman even though he can’t use the yellow AP himself, just because of how much I play him with Thorkoye. Same with Chimi (rank 4) on Professor. While he himself can’t use the red AP, Thor can.

And I’ve said this in the past but it’s worth repeating in this thread. Sharon Carter at any rank is a must-play for those running Hawkeye/Worthy for the synergy perk.

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yeah, the challenge node is a great showcase for supports. Don‘t know how I would handle PVE without the Talon Fighter on Okoye and Yaro Roots on Thor. Too bad there‘s no way to acquire those supports nowadays, and that I don‘t have any to spend my 4.5 million Riso on. I‘d probably spend money on those (if they won‘t get priced like shards; which they probably would).

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

Kingpin/sentry/daken

For the fourth clear I chose kingpin5... and it was a walk in the park. Also X5 and carnage5.

Kingpin5 is slow and really bad in defense... but its just the type of guy you dont want to face in a long battle. He is an AP breaker, so that helps to prevent 30.000 damage to all team.

My strongest team colour is green, so he can steal it and spam repeater tiles.

Next tries I will repeat with him, it was funny

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2020
    Options

I finished clears 3 + 4 of this node with Hawkeye/Shuri/WCap. Hawkeye’s powers drop down to peanuts once you get Shuri’s red out, and you can do pretty well at stunlocking the group with Cap. Any cascades that happen from CD expiration do bonus Shuri damage if they include fortifications, and if you match 3 fortified tiles (some of which are going to be charged), you’ll collect the AP twice over from the match. Shuri stuns on green as well. It’s slow, but it worked well.

you have to make sure you keep a few CDs going once hawkeye runs out of arrows to stay flush, or be chasing blue/red/green during the stuns.

• CT1888
    Options

Tried that out just now vs clear 5 of Kp/Daken/Sentry, killed Daken, KP down to 30k and Sentry down to 200k before I ran out of countdowns and matches, and once stun lock was gone, one small cascade wiped out Worthy. I really like that team though.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Not sure it’s a 5th clear-worthy team, lol, but it’s fun. May also be good with 4* Lord in the middle over Shuri as well.