That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• Ivanstone
    Ivanstone Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

I've been using Kitty, Valkyrie and Nick Fury. Val generates a lot of Yellow for Fury to fuel Avenger's Assemble. It can trigger some pretty big cascades as well as the stun and protect tiles. Wish my supports were better. Kitty uses 2/5 Avengers Tower, Val uses 3/5 Chimichanga and Fury uses a 3/5 Carol's Communicator.

• Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

I've been using Gritty and 4* Prof X. Getting Px invis as quickly as possible, tossing out Kitty's yellow and red (moreso to toss out more Px bonus tiles), targeting Sentry first (due to his red AoE), then KP, then Daken. Gritty will usually die at some point, unless I'm fortunate enough to get out her shields and buff them early, leaving only Px matches which will insanely buff all the specials. Have had 0 issues with this setup, as it's generally easy to deny KP purple (keeping him from easily getting yellow to enable an AOE), and the continuous buffs to the specials results in taking all 3 out in a fairly short amount of time.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

The Americas challenge node.

Do i even need to say anything?! Its 3 goons. Just your normal goon killing tricks work.

I used Gritty just because Kitty helps with CD control. Threw in Icem5n for fun with green countdowns boosted by Kitty boosted strikes. Also, if a stray pistol or whatever got off, he'd soak it.

Easy points this time!

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I ran Widow as my third, because I have her champed, so might as well take advantage of her being boosted. Even with three goons, two of them Lieutenants, I never managed to get the cost of her purple down to the point where I could fire it, in four clears each of the Challenge node and the 5E. Managed her red once, and her black once across those 8 fights. Her powers are good, but hideously overpriced.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

Tried the second one against all tile movers and once the engine started revving it indeed went winfinite. It’s tricky at first making sure all three are perpetually stunned but obviously gets easier as opponents fall. And yes, “Deadliest” usually takes out all three enemies before you’re able to eat through their health. Very fun team.

Edit: I really don’t want Worthy nerfed but am happy to know I have an alternative team that can guarantee 7 clears of the challenge node if needed. It would make the blow much less painful.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,308 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Today's sub 1 Challenge Node for The Hunt:

2BE, 4Venom, and Moonstone

Nothing too crazy here. I used Thorkoye and Medusa for the opening 4 clears.

I could also see using Strange to stun more and to remove 2BE's protects for the final clears.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

That seems pretty straightforward. Moonstone red and BE black will hurt a lot against 650s. But they are both rather slow powers and should be preventable.

Venom is a bit more threatening as his yellow and green may go off once or twice if you don't drop him quickly.

All told, I think a strong offensive team like thorkoye + sabertooth or gritty + a tank should be sufficient. And any of the stunner bro or other stunlock teams should crush this one without any trouble at all.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I've had luck in the challenge node with 50Thor/Kitty/BRB. It's slow but really good at defense and can deflect even some of the nuclear attack options. It fails miserably when cascades occur that wipe out the shields, but cascades at that level hurt every team as far as I can tell.

• PiMacleod
    Options

For the day 1 Hunt challenge node (Alaska)...

I used Kitty/Valk/Bishop for all 4 clears.

Bishop died each match, lets be real.

But his purpose was to let Valk get easy strikes on the board for Kitty to play with, to save Kitty from an early hit or three, and to get at least one stun off on Venom.

For me, stunning Venom is important. He majorly reduces the effectiveness of my protect tiles, and I always like to try to get Kitty's yellow out when i can. This helps to ensure that i survive. Also, the more SAP tiles i get, the lower cost (and more effective) Venom's powers becomes. He is easily my first target (moonstone 2nd just so she cant use her black to take my tiles).

Also, Bounty Hunter helps control Venom. He's the strongest, so it gets rid of green AP on the enemy, and produces yellow for me. This means early protects too... And if Bishop stays alive, he turns those into more blue, for another stun chance.

Never failed me, but used 4 health packs.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

On The Hunt: Alaska, I was able to do it with my 2/0/2 Gladiathor/GE Doom/Okoye team. Just as usual keep Thor in the back. I'm always amazed how well Thor can work, even with that terrible build. It's worth noting i have a 4* Royal Talon Fighter, a 3* Stormbreaker (which i forgot to put on Thor, actually), and a 3* Victorious, so I think that's been background helping me with these.

• PiMacleod
    Options

The Hunt: Florida -- Challenge Node

Sentry/Ven1m/J1ggs

I gotta admit, i was a bit intimidated to start this! Theres good color coverage (just no blue), and they are packing a 3* Loki's Trickery, so they can take a few of your tiles too. And they got cheap moves too! Juggs kit, Venom's purple, makes for 3 cheap firing moves. And the rest of them could cause some major damage if they get the AP...

Which leads me to the build i used to beat it 4x.

Kitty/Valk/4* Luke (boosted)

If you havent noticed by now, for these challenge nodes, i prefer Valk over Rocket. Sure, it doesnt start right away, but i never run low on tiles either. Also, Bounty Hunter helps ALL. THE. TIME.

Anyway, why Luke? Because the enemies have cheap powers, so that'll get me easy protects for Kitty to play with. Also, his yellow power... Which i'll get to in a sec. I put his black at 3 for this... There wont be many chances that he'll be in front to reap rewards anyways.

Remember how i love Bounty Hunter (especially in Challenge nodes)? Kitty's strongest is yellow, so it makes 4 yellow AP for me. Now if i need protects out there, 8 gets me Kitty's protects. HOWEVER -- 8 is also how much Luke needs for his yellow.

Luke's yellow hits for damage based on how many protected tiles are out there, after putting protection on 3 of your tiles. Do you know how fast they add up when Bounty Hunter is firing every turn?! Fast enough to the point when Juggs fires his Unstoppable Crash, that you'll barely lose a tile.

This isnt to say the fight was easy. I definitely aimed for red and green tiles to keep Juggs from getting early big hits on me. And sometimes Kitty would die before the end! But her work would be done. Lots of heavily boosted tiles of all sorts out there, and Luke/Valk can continue the Bounty Hunter circle of death with what Kitty left them.

Good luck to you! It wasnt simple, but i never lost... Think i used 6 health packs across 4 clears.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

I've had fun with Wasp and Strange this sub, and they worked fine on the challenge node as well, with the help of Thor. Between the stuns and AP stealing/draining, the AI didn't get to fire powers except Venom's stun at all.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

I've only played the new event for short while in Scl 10 but so far it's been smooth sailing with BRB, Dr. Strange, Wasp. Fire BRB blue and pump out some shields, flip them into strikes. Wtih all the strikes Strange is doing about 15k in match damage, 20k in passive if the enemy fires a power, and BRB green was doing about 25K for each hit.

That was with just flipping the tiles with Wasps once, once the enemies get bigger and matches last longer I can imagine how strong the tiles will get with multiple flips.

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options

I actually managed four clears pretty easily with thorkoye and medusa. This one was surprisingly easy though I was worried when juggs had 8 red and 200k+ of health left at one point. Fortunately the AI held on to the red for sentry for a turn or two so I could burn them both down.

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Eternal.

Venom 291775 health

Sentry 306364 health

Juggernaut 389034 health (oh, and 6ap for almost 65k damage)

I think it's tomorrow and I'm still in a match.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Fortunately, suppressing red/yellow/green is aot easier with thorkoye. If the board isn't too bad at the beginning, then suppressing even a 6ap power is significantly more practical than in might look at first glance.

Suppressing venom's purple stun, however, may be a lot harder.

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I want to like this comment as it made me laugh, though I also want to cry for the Sisyphean nature of these nodes.

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@PiMacleod thank you for doing these

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

It uses to happen that first 2 clears are a prodigy of designing creative teams. Clear 3 you choose your best champeds. And 4 and above you begin to sweat blood and health.packs and the pray begings for not eating that supernova that is coming for sure. Or that sacrifice and just a small cascade fills with love too.

In fact any powers the ai fires can crush your match.

If you dont own the buffed 5 champed mostly.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You know, I just said that I was waiting for a LVL 650 Juggernaut in one of the Challenge nodes. But 389K health is more than the top five of my 5-stars combined have, and 65K damage would take out all of them except a 100% health Thanos (LVL 455 with 69K health) and the boosted 5-star Strange for this event. Yikes.