That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Today's (sub 2 in Infinite Pursuit) Challenge node is 3Doom, a Thug and a Teisatsu.

I used my current goto - Thork and Iceman - with no problems.

I'm hoping that sub 3 is not very hard, and sub 1 was the worst.  I note that the CNs are thematic though, and Ultron goons are heavily represented in the last sub.......  *assumes fetal position*
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, folks! I don't have the needed characters for a couple of those either, but I did get a couple more things to try!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Third sub is 4* Human Torch, 1* Iron Man, and a Coordinator that's mostly a problem because it feeds Tony blue for his Freon Beam. I managed a couple of clears with Chuck, Okoye, and Sabretooth (since Torch spits out Strikes every time a teammate fires a power), but now they just have too much health for me to drop before either Torch has a half-dozen Repeaters out or Tony gets enough blue from the Doombot to waste someone.
    I have no idea how to approach the 5E, either. It's already a brutal one at SCL9.
    I've got all 4* except Karnak champed, but mostly below lvl300, no one even close to max champ. In addition to the above-mentioned, I have Storm, Cable, Kitty, Iceman, and Widow as 5* champs, and Hela and Rescue close. My Thor only has 4 green covers, and Torch's Repeaters can snipe him out of the back relatively easily at half-health.
    Any ideas?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have Storm, Cable, Kitty, Iceman, and Widow as 5* champs, and Hela and Rescue close. My Thor only has 4 green covers, and Torch's Repeaters can snipe him out of the back relatively easily at half-health.
    Any ideas?
    If you have Iceman champed It can be done. Use a board shaker and someone who feeds blue and stun all you can torch. He is the dangerous one.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry for the late post.  Was busy yesterday, and when i actually did beat it (only 3x, thats all i needed for progression), i had little time to post anything.

Challenge Node
    T4rch/1ronMan/Coordinator

Wasnt too hard.  Coordinator has to die first.  Sure, Torch does the damage, but he's putting out strikes every time anyone fires a power on his team!  And it just so happens that Coordinator does it often, AND feeds blue.... AND has very low health!

I used...
    Kitty/Valk/Wid4w (boosted)

So, quite obviously, Kitty is getting rid of stray strikes and CDs.  Also, she takes hits while Valk puts out strikes, so Kitty can buff them.  This is all standard practice.

I know i said focus on Coordinator, but try to fulfill Bounty Hunter CDs all you can.  That wil make yellow AP for some nice protects, OR Widow's very handy yellow!  Use as you wish.  I usually try to get the protects first, but theres wisdom in both options.

Getting enough purple to use Widows Enfilade/Defilade is nice, because after shes invis, she can use it to destroy a bunch of enemy special tiles.  Kitty cant do repeaters, so Widows purple is nice about this.

It wasnt too hard, all in all.  Got through 3 of them and stopped, since progression was done.  Coordinator, then Torch, then Iron Man.

Good luck to you!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Challenge Node
    T4rch/1ronMan/Coordinator

Wasnt too hard.  Coordinator has to die first.  Sure, Torch does the damage, but he's putting out strikes every time anyone fires a power on his team!  And it just so happens that Coordinator does it often, AND feeds blue.... AND has very low health!

I used...

Good luck to you!
    Thank you! That did the trick, no problem!*
    *Except for the one try when they cascaded into like three crits and dropped Widow on Turn 1, but there's really nothing that can be done about those.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Interesting that 5* Iceman seems to be a very useful tool in cl 10; i keep seeing him come up.  Perhaps like he should move up the list of classic 5*s that people work to cover (maybe as high as 5th or 6th?  After okoye, kitty, half-thor, BRB?).

I suppose it shouldn't be too much of a surprise. He is the best 5* stunner. He's better than DD, because his stun is quasi passive and can be extended easily, and there isn't much other competition in the tier.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Interesting that 5* Iceman seems to be a very useful tool in cl 10; u keep seeing him come up.  Perhaps like he should move up the list of classic 5*s that people work to cover (maybe as high as 5th or 6th?  After okoye, kitty, half-thor, BRB?).

He is  really good on pve10 and he can save the day for sure. But dont try to use him on pvp at least until AI learns how works the process to mach CDs for keeping stunned a foe.
  • Ivanstone
    Ivanstone Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Still using Kitty/Valk/Fury. Fury stuns The Hood to keep him from bleeding off any Yellow AP and creates Protects at the same time. His Purple is sufficient to trigger Bounty Hunter in case I need to speed up board control.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Interesting that 5* Iceman seems to be a very useful tool in cl 10; u keep seeing him come up.  Perhaps like he should move up the list of classic 5*s that people work to cover (maybe as high as 5th or 6th?  After okoye, kitty, half-thor, BRB?).

He is  really good on pve10 and he can save the day for sure. But dont try to use him on pvp at least until AI learns how works the process to mach CDs for keeping stunned a foe.
    Yeah, he is definitely not too much of a threat in PvP, and thus hasn't been very high on anyone rankings of late.  But I think he will bump up slightly whenever the community gets around to doing another set of rankings, purely on the basis of utility in cl10 challenge/5e nodes.
  • ultimate_rizzo
    ultimate_rizzo Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Always use Hawkeye (5*), Coulson and Hammercap.  None of my guys die, all of theirs stay stunned, 1 health pack for cap.  Takes a bit but deep breath does a ton of damage, and you can get to out of arrows pretty quickly if you manage things well
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was using Doom/X/Okoye for it. I like the synergy with Doom and X, since you get to shuffle the board into potential match-ns on 2 colors.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Bad said:
    Vhailorx said:

Yeah, he is definitely not too much of a threat in PvP, and thus hasn't been very high on anyone rankings of late.  But I think he will bump up slightly whenever the community gets around to doing another set of rankings, purely on the basis of utility in cl10 challenge/5e nodes.
    One big problem with Iceman on defense is that his strongest color is yellow, then green, then blue.... AND he is one of the highest in the tier with match dmg.....which creates a situation where he's chasing yellow as his first choice which does nothing in a lot of cases (assuming you run him with Prof, which is a great choice on offense since Prof's board shake is destroying lots of Iceman's CDs and repeaters).  Anyway, if they had set up Iceman with his strongest color in blue or green, and yellow was third, he'd be a bigger threat on defense and probably would be higher tier.

I think in a pick 3 situation, Iceman is a pretty good choice.  He could work if you wanted to take on a team of 550s and were worried about it getting away from you.  But he's still down a bit from the top choices.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Bad said:
    Vhailorx said:

One big problem with Iceman on defense is that his strongest color is yellow, then green, then blue.... AND he is one of the highest in the tier with match dmg.....which creates a situation where he's chasing yellow as his first choice which does nothing in a lot of cases (assuming you run him with Prof, which is a great choice on offense since Prof's board shake is destroying lots of Iceman's CDs and repeaters).  Anyway, if they had set up Iceman with his strongest color in blue or green, and yellow was third, he'd be a bigger threat on defense and probably would be higher tier.

I think in a pick 3 situation, Iceman is a pretty good choice.  He could work if you wanted to take on a team of 550s and were worried about it getting away from you.  But he's still down a bit from the top choices.

His match damage is also an issue with Okoye. He ends up tanking yellow over her at equal levels, which can exacerbate the issues with keeping your TU supply full. That's lost me a couple of SCL10 5E/Challenge fights.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can game that yellow in favor of Okoye if you are using a Highest Damage battery like Jessica Jones, cyclops, or Valkyrie though. I do that occasionally.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Yeah, it doesn't knock him out of usefulness, it's just something to keep in mind.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Challenge Node: Dark Design

Goblin/Kingp5n/Hood

No AP generators...  But theres Hood's constant theft.  And what do you NOT want them to get?  Enough to use Goblin's black, thats for sure!  Also, Kingpin has some strong moves, most notably his green is a protected repeater, so Kitty cant kill it automatically.

Neverthesless, all 4 clears were done by the team i used last time!

Same exact strat.  Worked like a charm.  Please read yesterday's strat/post for more info, as its the same idea and function.

Full disclosure: i use Pr4fX instead of Wid4w at first.  Worked for two clears, but was WAY slower, and riskier.  Too much color overlap, so even when X was hiding, only tiles he'd match (for his buff purposes) were blue!  Not worth it.

Also, had a wipe once, but a lucky cascade will do that to anyone.  Sigh.

Good luck to you!
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I did this for the first four clears, thank you for this assistance!