That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Strange sight door 1 King of NY: hood/kingping4/don
    Almost champed brb so 4 clears really easy. Going for hood first and trying to deny kingping damage cds.
    Px5, carnage5, brb.
    Carnage is a really good parter for brb, dont tell anybody lol.
  • Ivanstone
    Ivanstone Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For Royal Family I started with Kitty/Valk/MrBoringOneBlackCover. Kitty's pretty much a hard counter to the entire family. She safely deactivates Medusa's countdown tile while Black Bolt and Lockjaw feed my team Strike and Attack tiles with their low damage passives.

I ended up swapping Valk out for Prof4 though. Those low damage passives start to hurt more at higher levels and Valk's strikes interferes with Kitty's protect tiles. I had some trouble getting some Protect tiles out early but eventually coated the board with special tiles from both Kitty and Prof. Kitty did end up dying each time but Prof turned invisible and kept on trucking with tile buffs. Kitty outlasted Medusa in every fight. I did 4 completions. I'll probably not do more since I've already hit all thresholds and don't feel like pressing for an unlikely top 100.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Strange Sights Door 2:  GED and two brawlers - yes, the same as the 5E in Infinite Pursuit but with a stronger GED (650 top).  I used Thork plus BRB for this one since BRB has 12 covers and has the 5E boost.  No problem for the first 4 clears.  

Hopefully some people in different doors can share.
    Strange Sights Door 3: Gorgon, Shinobi and Teisatu.
    Gritty with a 12 cover BRB did the job nicely. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Strange Sights Door 2:  GED and two brawlers - yes, the same as the 5E in Infinite Pursuit but with a stronger GED (650 top).  I used Thork plus BRB for this one since BRB has 12 covers and has the 5E boost.  No problem for the first 4 clears.  

For you non-Thor/Okoye players (like myself), on Door 2 (GED + 2 Brawlers)...

Kitty/Valk (boosted)/Black P4nther (boosted)

This got me THREE wins.  Not 4.  I'll get to the 4th in a moment...

Just do the normal Kitty/Valk thing I've been preaching for a week plus on here.  Follow that Bounty Hunter, and you'll drain GED's yellow, which means you can freely match yellow without worry that you're giving it to Doom.

This allows you to throw out BP's yellow almost every turn once you hit Bounty Hunter at least twice.  And once you have about 3 of his yellow repeaters out there?  Oh, Kitty has FUN boosting all the new toys!

Score a BP blue once or twice if you can.  Now match your protect tiles for extra-Kitty-boosted-protect-tile-damage fun, courtesy of BP's passive.

But here's why I couldn't get win #4...

There comes a point when the brawlers start putting out more tiles than Kitty can keep up with.  And if ONE of their Electric Punches goes off, either Valk or BP can die, or Kitty will be half-dead (or worse, depending on her current health), and you'll lose a bunch of boosted tiles that you've been working on.

For win #4, I couldn't do it with the above team.  Tried 3 times.  Never had the 'luck' of Kitty going after the most impending tile out there... figures.

So, I whale'd them for the 4th.  Sigh.   J4ggs/SW/3*DP (plus 2 all AP boosts, and 2 blue/purple boosts).

Oh well, at least I got it done.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Okoye/XFDP/Drax handles these types of challenge nodes extremely well. Okoye will tank almost everything except purple (whoever is bigger between XFDP and Drax will tank that). Goal is to chase as many TU's as possible. This team can beat anything assuming you can keep your Okoye alive. I know for smaller Okoye's this can be tough. Throw some yellow-generating AP supports on XFDP and Drax (assuming you have RTF on Okoye) and boost yellow/TU if you so desire. TU boosts only cost ISO.

For these current challenge nodes where there's a tile mover + 2 goons, hit the goons first. You want the tile mover making matches every turn until the end. 

Edit: also I know the desire is to try and multi-fire Okoye yellow to get some TU cascades, but the TU's will come and you'll keep them as Okoye is making nearly all matches. Don't waste a yellow fire when she's full or near-full health. I tend to fire yellow only when Okoye is nearing death, especially if I have another fire of it available.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node: Strange Sights, Door 3

Gorgon/Shinobi/Teisatsu

Pretty darn easy, especially with the team I chose.  But also a little lengthy, because the team I chose was VERY defense heavy.  Hey -- plus side?  Used ZERO health packs.

Kitty/Valk (boosted)/BRB

I mean, you get it already, right?  Defense gets boosted quickly by Kitty.  If you ever get hit hard enough (never happened for me until the 3rd time through), then Valk puts out Strike tiles, and that just gets the match moving faster.

Bounty Hunter helps hold down their red AP, but you never really get rid of all of it.  It just makes it easier for Kitty to keep up with the red CDs.  Also, it produces GREEN AP for BRB to use!  That gets quite silly and awesome.

So, yeah... it took a while, especially the first two clears, because all i had were protect tiles out, but ALL of their hits were only 1 damage for those 2 clears.  I think BRB got down to around 30k health by the end of the 4th clear.  That was it.

So, hopefully its that easy for you too.  And just to add food for thought in there, my BRB is only 3/1/1.  Nothing special.

Good luck to you!
  • Bad
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    bluewolf said:

For you non-Thor/Okoye players (like myself)

So, I whale'd them for the 4th.  Sigh.   J4ggs/SW/3*DP (plus 2 all AP boosts, and 2 blue/purple boosts).

Oh well, at least I got it done.
    I chose that today too. Things are harder now. For first 2clears I chose pX carnage and brb. Third clear was another thing. I cleared with Px Ice5 and brb altough Ice I think is nominated for being the worst partner for brb and really bad against Doom 5 for matching Ice walls.
    After many health packs on 4 clear I did something unthinkable: I left my powerful PX in the bench.
    I chosed carnage5 brb and black cat.
    I cleared 4 without a scratch.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kitty/Valk/BRB is a normal CN team for me. But the key to this team is matching away as many protects as possible on the first move or leaving the other team a match 4. By turn 2, the protects are so high Valk is no longer generating strikes, which you really need to make this team work reasonably fast. Otherwise yeah, you don't take much (if any) damage, but it becomes a slog trying to get enough blue and green to take out enemies that have well north of 200k+ health in clears 5-7. Spitting out Kitty red can help a bit.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’ve been using Rescue/BRB Strange Sights. BRB tanks basically everything while boosted though, so it’s hard for my baby champ Okoye to stay relevant. So instead I’ve been using batteries like Valkyrie and Jessica Jones to keep him fed with Green. 

I had to do clear 4 of the Doom node on Door 2 with CapHawk + BRB. It stays pretty flush with blue and red, but at that point Doom is 1-shorting everyone save BRB with black, so you have to try and keep him stunned while you clear out the robots.
  • Bad
    Options
    Today I did the challenge node less challenging ever.
    Gorgon/ shinobi/ teiatsu
    I agree that BRB buffed is unstopable, but on the other hand...
    Is there someone afraid of gorgon? Please dont. I think Bullseye DA is deadlier.
    Look at his powers at : level 610!
    Cut of 3300 damage and loss of 2 AP
    A cds of 5 turns(!!)  for stunning 3
    Cds that deals 660 damage and if matched creates 350 tiles.
    I dont know if his powers have been updated to level 600, but he is a 150k health puching ball who is glad to meet you. He would need 1 million health more for to kill someone.
    So I cleared 4 times while singing.
    Go for the ninjas first, stun gorgon if you like or not, he promises to be a good boy.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node: Door 1 of Strange Sights

Kingp4n/Hood/Don

Not too bad, honestly.  The obvious ploy here is that Don throws out CDs often, Hood steals AP, and Don also makes black AP, so that Wilson can try to do a big team hit on you.  Or a solid single hit.  Either way, it could hurt.

But i only fought it once.  I only needed one clear of this node (and only 3 of the 5E node for this door as well) to reach full progression.

Anyway, i used good ol...

Kitty/Valk (boosted)/BRB (boosted)

Not much strategy here.  Do the bounty hunters, spam BRB green when you can, along with BRB blue and Kitty yellow.  

Honestly, its pretty easy... And my BRB is only 3/1/1.

Good luck to you!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For DP VS challenge node of BRB, Thor, Okoye I used 
    1/2 health Thor Okoye and boosted infinity war cap.  I matched away the shields then used Cap Purple to take away blue so BRB can’t get more shield tiles out.  Purple also lets me get rid of green or red if needed.

then just get enough TU tiles to take out Thor at 125k health 
  • Bad
    Options
    I got 2 clears for now with my best team. Carnage BRB and black cat,just for her tactical possibilities.
    I didnt need an extra hyper hard challenge because I dont have cap champed lol. And mocking bird cage and iron f has me sweating hard.
    That thing about they heard we like challenges and thor without half energy from the start prove that devs read ours comments. Really appreciated.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have found 3* strange is actually at least as useful as 5z strange in the challenge nodes.  He doesn't tank for okoye, so I can used her as a damage sponge while also getting the benefits of strange's passive and his excellent blue. 

The only trick with all the difficult nodes in door 1 of this event is dealing with kingpin's aoe.  There are more than a few ways to do it (stuns, AP drain, careful board management to make sure the ai never has exactly 8 ap at the start of a turn, etc).
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node: Deadpool VS Heroes

BRB/Okoye/Th5r

Geez!  Its like they read our comments and have data on our PvPs!  ;)

Snarkiness aside, this is a tough one.  We all know what this team is capable of... But we also know how the cpu cannot control who is in front, and the correct "order of operations" to do things in.  Its totally beatable, but you need to control the board to make it a breeze.

That said, i got lucky once, and whale'd them on my fourth clear (because i was tired of using Health packs).

My main team for 3x clears was...

Kitty/Valk (boosted)/Hela

Why? 
    Because i TRULY didnt want them to have green...
    So Bounty hunter and Hela's passive both make sure they never get close to it.

But here's where some of the extra planning/luck comes in.
    I have a Cull Obsidian support, rank 3, on Hela.  Gives me a bit over 10% chance to gain a protect tile per turn.  That helps a lot, because it wont take long before all of the yellow tiles are strikes (thanks to valk), and Kitty's yellow cant be fired then.  

Also, it put her green at highest damage for the team, so i was hitting her green every other turn easily.

Finally, i have to say, i aimed for blue ap when possible because just 6 is enough for BRB to hit you HARD.  Sure, a 5* can survive it once... But man, for 6 ap, its a lot of damage, and enemy protects, all at once.

Which, btw, if you can get 9 red, hela's red is nice for overwriting their tiles without triggering Bill.

Good luck to you!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, this one was rough. I was able to do the first clear with BRB/Rescue/Okoye, but then for Clear 2 I swapped out Rescue for Iceman. Clear 3 I got stomped lol; I may keep at it, but I'm currently out of health.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

BRB/Okoye/Th5r

Snarkiness aside, this is a tough one.  We all know what this team is capable of... But we also know how the cpu cannot control who is in front, and the correct "order of operations" to do things in.  Its totally beatable, but you need to control the board to make it a breeze.

That said, i got lucky once, and whale'd them on my fourth clear (because i was tired of using Health packs).

Why? 

I have a Cull Obsidian support, rank 3, on Hela.  Gives me a bit over 10% chance to gain a protect tile per turn.  That helps a lot, because it wont take long before all of the yellow tiles are strikes (thanks to valk), and Kitty's yellow cant be fired then.  

Also, it put her green at highest damage for the team, so i was hitting her green every other turn easily.

Finally, i have to say, i aimed for blue ap when possible because just 6 is enough for BRB to hit you HARD.  Sure, a 5* can survive it once... But man, for 6 ap, its a lot of damage, and enemy protects, all at once.

Which, btw, if you can get 9 red, hela's red is nice for overwriting their tiles without triggering Bill.

Good luck to you!
    This doesn't seem like it should be impossible because it doesn't have the sort of ticking clock mechanics that are basically present in all the most challenging nodes (e.g.: superstrong passive attack tiles that eat your team alive at level 650, like carnage or mindless ones etc; superstrong passives that do damage or prevent you from playing efficiently, like BRB, or strange, or stunner bros, or royal family; 'smart' ai that can't be denied because feeders, like any cheap nuke + feeder goons, etc).

BRB is the most immediate threat because his blue will be devastating at 650 and only costs 6 ap.  But Thor isn't scary unless he gets tons of ap (I.e., Cascades or your stupidly put him beloenhalf health).  And okoye on defense is generalpy not intimidating because she doesn't manage her teamup AP well.

In regular PvP play, this team would get tons of incoming attacks on defense.  Giving them all 300k health and one-hit-kill attacks will up the stakes significantly but it should be manageable with the normal strategies (e.g., bring someone to stunlock or AP drain the biggest threat, and use a Super Damage™ capable team to eat through all that health).

• PiMacleod
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    PiMacleod said:

BRB/Okoye/Th5r

Why? 

Good luck to you!
    This doesn't seem like it should be impossible because it doesn't have the sort of ticking clock mechanics that are basically present in all the most challenging nodes (e.g.: superstrong passive attack tiles that eat your team alive at level 650, like carnage or mindless ones etc; superstrong passives that do damage or prevent you from playing efficiently, like BRB, or strange, or stunner bros, or royal family; 'smart' ai that can't be denied because feeders, like any cheap nuke + feeder goons, etc).

BRB is the most immediate threat because his blue will be devastating at 650 and only costs 6 ap.  But Thor isn't scary unless he gets tons of ap (I.e., Cascades or your stupidly put him beloenhalf health).  And okoye on defense is generalpy not intimidating because she doesn't manage her teamup AP well.

In regular PvP play, this team would get tons of incoming attacks on defense.  Giving them all 300k health and one-hit-kill attacks will up the stakes significantly but it should be manageable with the normal strategies (e.g., bring someone to stunlock or AP drain the biggest threat, and use a Super Damage™ capable team to eat through all that health).

While i understand your points on paper, it doesnt quite work like that.  

With so much health, they have so much time to gather AP.  This includes how Okoye loves to aim for TU AP.

When the team gathers any amount of TU AP, then fires off ANY damaging move, you're gonna feel it.

And again, there's so much time to gather because of large health pools.  So, what could be done in less than 10 rounds in PvP ends up taking a lot longer here, and surviving multiple hits of BRB blue, or Thor/Okoye red...  Its just more dangerous.

Yes, they dont manage it well... But there have been plenty of easier challenge nodes so far.  I hate resorting to whales, but that 4th clear was just really strong.

Oh, and side note... Putting Thor at half health is always dangerous.  But when the window for "half health" is much LARGER than normal, it gets rough.  Definitely had to save a couple moves worth of AP to down him at once.  This doesnt always work out so easy.  In one of my clears, Hela's green kept doing its extra hits (boosted by Kitty strikes) on background peeps.  Which is nice, until i realized Thor hit half before i was ready!  Still won.... But not without cost.

Reminder: i have no usable Okoye or Thor of my own.  So certain strats that are common to others, are not to me.  One day thatll change.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Reminder: i have no usable Okoye or Thor of my own.  So certain strats that are common to others, are not to me.  One day thatll change.

Yeah I was curious, and it looks like your last 8 challenge nodes involved using Kitty/Valk/third.  Sort of how I've settled on Thorkoye/third (usually boosted 5E or Iceman depending on the challenge), and then flipping to CoulHawk/Gamora when it gets too hard.  All your teams are Kitty/Valk/third, then flipping to whales.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Yeah I was curious, and it looks like your last 8 challenge nodes involved using Kitty/Valk/third.  Sort of how I've settled on Thorkoye/third (usually boosted 5E or Iceman depending on the challenge), and then flipping to CoulHawk/Gamora when it gets too hard.  All your teams are Kitty/Valk/third, then flipping to whales.
    Yes.

Yes they are.  Dont think i didnt notice.  

Its a lot easier to have ONE 5* to help than TWO 5*s.  I know, mind-blowing...  ;)

But i think thats one reason i like using Kitty + strike tile person.  It takes only 1 5*, and the 3rd can actually be a 4* OR 5* if you wish.  With such boosted damage, the 3rd is just pure support (usually nice for playing with the boosted list).

Besides, if we ever make this topic stickied or something, for when these challenge nodes rotate, we can compile them in a list of "solutions" per node.

Ex: this challenge node was cleared by --
    Thorkoye + xfdp.
    Kitty/valk/widow
    Etc, etc.

This way, people can see multiple solutions that we the community have used over time.