That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Funny thing is prof 4* suits well with kitty. If he can hit, better yet.
    But prof 5* not. His playstyle goes against kitty.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,667 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:

5* Prof X be all:

• Bad
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bad said:

5* Prof X be all:

She must know better than nobody lol
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Challenge Node: Spirits of Vengeance

Str5nge/Wid5w/Chavez

Yikes.

I mean, you can see what this is.  Chavez is there just to try to throw out random crits for her 5* buds to use.  That sucks.

But you cant throw out an active power unless you also want a faceful of flames from Strange.

And you cant stun Strange to stop that unless you wanna suffer a stun from Widow as well.

Yikes.

So... I did what i like to do normally, with more of a reliance on passives.

Kitty/Valk/Ic5man

So here's the deal.  Follow that bounty hunter as best as you can, without matching iceman stun tiles to accidentally stun someone who isnt Widow.  Bounty hunter is important because not only is yellow nice for protects (once Strange is stunned or dead), but Bounty hunter also depletes enemy blue AP!  You dont wanna deal with Strange's stun, do you?

HOWEVER, if Widow's already stunned, and you have the AP to fire something (hopefully Kitty's yellow), then go ahead and stun Strange.  Let Chavez watch as you hold her two comrades stunned, and let loose your stores of AP you've been building!  Mwa ha ha!

It takes some tricky manuevering, but using these passives makes it manageable, as long as you're willing to follow Bounty Hunter, and make sure to stun in the order of Widow first, then Strange.

Its also notable that while Strange is out there, we cant safely use powers, but (to this team) Widow is the main threat.  She has powers that wanna get rid of your toys!  So, try to down her first, or keep her stunned.

We all know Chavez is annoying, but Bounty Hunter lowers one of their pools and raises one of yours.  That'll mitigate some of her abilities without having to necessarily target her.

Finally, time for my full disclosure...

I only beat this ONCE.

Didnt even try more.

Because if you've been doing at least 4 clears per node (2 for waves, 1 for loaners) throughout the event, you only need THREE clears of the Royal Family (5* essential node) and ONE clear of this Challenge Node (for full progression rewards)!

So yes... I was done bashing my head against the wall of Royal Family, checked out this node, and saw i only needed one clear to be done.  So why not?  Saves me a headache (and time).

Good luck to you!
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah a look at that Challenge Node warns of pain to come. Luckily I could Px/Thorkoye the node 4x. Focussed on matching strange to death, keeping AP to not make AC go nuke on me, went for TU&Match-4s. Talon Fighter saves the day once again.

Wish DDQ would offer that challenge nodes, but I repeat myself.

But for the royal family: That is just mean. Had problems even 4x-ing it. Needed to do hit 3&4 with Hawkeye/Hammercap and a 0/1/0 sinister.

It was very close both times.

I used 3x 2 AP boosts. Made blue on first match, got hit for a lot so I had 30 blue in turn 2. stunned medusa and bolt. Casted hawkeye blue, made that stun medusa again. Fire all blue for hawkeye. Going invisi helped. Stunned the dog too when cap was at 45 health, luckily no attack tile on board both times due to early stun and board cascade luck. Killed medusa, then chewed on Bolt to keep him stunned. Then a long battle against the dog, denied AP and cap was downed by then of course. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DR Stange5- BW5-Chavez

I've done 3 clears yet with HE-HammerCap and Colston. Only thing that could happen is Hammer dying early on a cascade or something- after round 2 it is locked in with all the Colston counters. Make sure to stun Strange first (even if BW will stun one person) or hammer will die from the Saltines
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I misread that as ‘death by saltiness’. Made me laugh. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For Chavez/Strange/Widow, I used good old Thorokye with Spider-man 2099 (5/3/5).  Colored boosted match damage with Okoye TU's are a nice perk.  Okoye also tanks blue, so grab as much as you can while Thor does his thing in the background.  

Since you are hoarding AP, Chavez shouldn't activate as long as the AI doesn't get a crazy cascade.

Once enough blue, stun Strange.  Sure, Widow does her thing, but she only hits SM:2099 anyway and he's only here for stunning/backup.

Continue to gather blue and launch all powers while Strange is stunned.  Hopefully you can get Chavez down after a round or two of this so that their AP doesn't outmatch yours.

Don't hesitate to use that OBW blue TU if blue is lacking on the board.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ran Hawkey/Worthy/Coulson, takes an age, and as long as they don't get a turn 1 cascade, you have pretty much won.

Only loss was when I thought to stun Widow then Strange, so his flames would trigger Cap's countdowns.

That didn't work well.... 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,337 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    pheregas said:
    Sure, Widow does her thing, but she only hits SM:2099 anyway and he's only here for stunning/backup.
    Why? Isn't it random?
    Indeed; this is called "being lucky".  I ran Worthy CoulHawk and HE never got randomly stunned......whew.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    pheregas said:
    Sure, Widow does her thing, but she only hits SM:2099 anyway and he's only here for stunning/backup.
    Why? Isn't it random?
    Huh.  It stunned 2099 without fail, every single time.  I thought it was intentional.  Weird.
  • Bad
    Options
    I find a lot more dificult the royal family, with hyper healing medusa, whispering killer dude, and lovely pet Cujo. No, err... pet lockjaw thats it.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5tange/Widow 5/Chavez was much easier than the Royal Family node.  Thorkoye combined with my own Chavez.  Take out Strange first so you can start firing your powers without taking 15K damage.  If you started with Thor at half health, your Chavez should be throwing out critical tiles in just a few turns, which makes things go much faster.

Royal Family node I beat once, and that's been it.  My Sinister is 1/2/1, which certainly doesn't help much.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Royal Family node I beat once, and that's been it.  My Sinister is 1/2/1, which certainly doesn't help much.
    Thor/Okoye with a 0/3/0 Sinister worked OK for me for 4 clears
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,667 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    I find a lot more dificult the royal family, with hyper healing medusa, whispering killer dude, and lovely pet Cujo. No, err... pet lockjaw thats it.

I worked it out that I did not need that node to get max progression then bailed out
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,337 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Strange Sights Door 2:  GED and two brawlers - yes, the same as the 5E in Infinite Pursuit but with a stronger GED (650 top).  I used Thork plus BRB for this one since BRB has 12 covers and has the 5E boost.  No problem for the first 4 clears.  

Hopefully some people in different doors can share.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was able to hit Royal Family with a 1/0/2 Sinister/Okoye/Chavez (lvl 354) twice, but then got stopped dead in my tracks. The challenging node in that sub I had less problems with using Okoye/Profe$$or X/Chavez and focusing first on 5trange so I could then fire off Okoye's yellow without repurcussion.
  • Bad
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    Bad said:

I worked it out that I did not need that node to get max progression then bailed out
    And it was that way because few players did it too.
    I cleared strange and company 5 times but inhumans 3 times, missing the 1cp. So hard! If using special tiles medusa screw them. And heals 10.000 per own tile. More than crazy!
    And sinister is in developing, I doubt there could be so many players that didnt go for px and brb when they were together.
    I would like to champ sinister but brb had clearly more priority. That is how it works