That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was able to do clear 3 using Thorkoye + Iceman, with the caveat that my Thor is 2/0/2, so he's barely even a battery, but on Clear 4 the board was very dry on Blue so Iceman didn't stand much of a chance. I may attempt Iceman/BRB/Okoye once my health regenerates some more.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Finally, i have to say, i aimed for blue ap when possible because just 6 is enough for BRB to hit you HARD.  Sure, a 5* can survive it once... But man, for 6 ap, its a lot of damage, and enemy protects, all at once.

Which, btw, if you can get 9 red, hela's red is nice for overwriting their tiles without triggering Bill.

Good luck to you!
    Blue BRB power is totally unbalanced. This is the second time I say it. So cheap, so much damage, fortified, and heavy protects tiles. Anyone willing to say otherwise to me (and succesfully not getting his nose growing up), just say me one active power in the game being better.
    Aside this I cleared 3 times and going for whales. 
    And nobody will hit that team on pvp. Well, being conveniently drunk, it could be. 
    Otherwise, a team of 3 650 level I think it would be not much hitting for him.
    In my opinion of course. Loaded with sarkiness
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,030 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    PiMacleod said:

Finally, i have to say, i aimed for blue ap when possible because just 6 is enough for BRB to hit you HARD.  Sure, a 5* can survive it once... But man, for 6 ap, its a lot of damage, and enemy protects, all at once.

Which, btw, if you can get 9 red, hela's red is nice for overwriting their tiles without triggering Bill.

Good luck to you!
    Blue BRB power is totally unbalanced. This is the second time I say it. So cheap, so much damage, fortified, and heavy protects tiles. Anyone willing to say otherwise to me (and succesfully not getting his nose growing up), just say me one active power in the game being better.
    Aside this I cleared 3 times and going for whales. 
    And nobody will hit that team on pvp. Well, being conveniently drunk, it could be. 
    Otherwise, a team of 3 650 level I think it would be not much hitting for him.
    In my opinion of course. Loaded with sarkiness
    It's only so much damage because he's boosted to lvl 650. At level 450 a newly champed BRB blue with 5 covers only does 10k single target damage, which is not much by 5 star lvl.  That's why it's cheap, it's actually a weak power by 5 star standards.  The shields are the real probelm with this power, so use someone that can steal those shields and make them work for you.   There are many active 5 star powers that are much stronger than his blue, boosted 5 star doctor dooms black at lvl 650 was strong enough to one shot pretty much any champed 5 star that I have.
  • Bad
    Options

It's only so much damage because he's boosted to lvl 650. At level 450 a newly champed BRB blue with 5 covers only does 10k single target damage, which is not much by 5 star lvl.  That's why it's cheap, it's actually a weak power by 5 star standards.  The shields are the real probelm with this power, so use someone that can steal those shields and make them work for you.   There are many active 5 star powers that are much stronger than his blue, boosted 5 star doctor dooms black at lvl 650 was strong enough to one shot pretty much any champed 5 star that I have.
    Come on. Dont talk so much on your own interest. Black power doom cost 9 AP. That is a huge difference.And 10k for 6 AP is not much? If just he stopped there. 
    And its not so easy to steal his tiles as its spoken. But you go and choose one who steal tiles on pvp. When you finish the battle you will be hit 4 times.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just for another avenue for those with Lumbercap maxed, God Emperor Doom makes a natural ally. I paired them with the other good Dr.: Stephen 5trange.

AP denial from cheap purple and Blue which tallies the stun as well. Just keep Doom out there and avoid matching yellow and black to sustain him. Personally, I Matched blue and red and purple. I actually only wiped once and my 5trange is only level 435.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Challenge Node: Deadpool VS Heroes

BRB/Okoye/Th5r

Geez!  Its like they read our comments and have data on our PvPs!  ;)

Snarkiness aside, this is a tough one.  We all know what this team is capable of... But we also know how the cpu cannot control who is in front, and the correct "order of operations" to do things in.  Its totally beatable, but you need to control the board to make it a breeze.

That said, i got lucky once, and whale'd them on my fourth clear (because i was tired of using Health packs).

My main team for 3x clears was...

Kitty/Valk (boosted)/Hela

Why? 
    Because i TRULY didnt want them to have green...
    So Bounty hunter and Hela's passive both make sure they never get close to it.

But here's where some of the extra planning/luck comes in.
    I have a Cull Obsidian support, rank 3, on Hela.  Gives me a bit over 10% chance to gain a protect tile per turn.  That helps a lot, because it wont take long before all of the yellow tiles are strikes (thanks to valk), and Kitty's yellow cant be fired then.  

Also, it put her green at highest damage for the team, so i was hitting her green every other turn easily.

Good luck to you!

Thanks! That got me through clear 4, even with Hela only at 3/3/5. I wish I had been able to get green or red as my strongest colour, because that team maxes out on yellow use fast, and I spent most of the time with 30 yellow just sitting there, but it worked.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:

Come on. Dont talk so much on your own interest. Black power doom cost 9 AP. That is a huge difference.And 10k for 6 AP is not much? If just he stopped there. 
    And its not so easy to steal his tiles as its spoken. But you go and choose one who steal tiles on pvp. When you finish the battle you will be hit 4 times.

Dooms black costs 3 more and hits over twice as hard. Plus he accelerates to it as well. And if you want someone to take care of his tiles, there's a certain meta character that does this every turn.
  • Bad
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Anon said

Dooms black costs 3 more and hits over twice as hard. Plus he accelerates to it as well. And if you want someone to take care of his tiles, there's a certain meta character that does this every turn.
    So does BRB, accelerate it.  Another time Im repeating that damage is not the worst thing he does, albeit damages a lot . And kitty can erase just one tile at turn. BRB can spam a lot more. So find another argument. If you can of course.
    But take in mind that I have 12 BRB. Just that Im being honest and I admit his power is unbalanced.  Or OP. Or broken, how you want to say it.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Anon said

So does BRB, accelerate it.  Another time Im repeating that damage is not the worst thing he does, albeit damages a lot . And kitty can erase just one tile at turn. BRB can spam a lot more. So find another argument. If you can of course.
    But take in mind that I have 12 BRB. Just that Im being honest and I admit his power is unbalanced.  Or OP. Or broken, how you want to say it.
    Kitty erases one tile at a time sure, but it's not like BRB floods the board with protects on his first turn. Keep matching blue while Kitty kills his protect tiles and then what does he do? Save up 12 Green? Scary, but it isn't spammable. Takes a while actually. And in that time Kitty might've blown up the last protect tile and BRB gets nuked.

Also: broken? How long have you been playing? Do you remember the Tyranny of Remy LeBeau?

Disclaimer: I am not denying that BRB is a very powerful character or that his blue is insanely good, but let's be real here. GED black costs 3 ap more and more than doubles that damage. And he doesn't even need to gather 6ap and leave a CD tile out (which Kitty eats anyway). You match and he steals 1 ap and heals on top of that. And he's not even top tier.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    BRB alone is simply a very good 5*. Paired with another excessive blue battery is when he becomes problematic. Or when he is 100 levels above maximum champ.

i think you are just hitting on one of the realities of 5* play: when a good one comes out, and you are flat footed without a hard counter, the only thing you can do is set your favorote and deal with it for a year...

also just at the Damage/AP level, Rescue’s red does 2-3 tics of ~5300 for 6 red, and nobody is really complaining about that. I use her with my own BrB pretty effectively against other BRB teams.
  • Bad
    Options
    Yes, Im a 5* player.  Not by my choice. The powers you said except Px are mostly passive. And I said active. Still Px is 8 AP and another time the difference is huge. 
    Blue BRB should be at least 7 AP for all he does. Then we would be talking about balance.
    He spams tiles at the start of combat, so is not so sure that kitty will eat his repeater. Without counting the other foes.
    And you are asuming that is not a threat because kitty can be a counter. That is assuming that all players will use kitty. So you are not convincing in the least, sorry about that.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bishop is the only character I consider truly broken, as there is nothing you can do to stop everything he does. Bill still needs to make matches to get going. By virtue of that alone I named a bunch of stuff you can do to end him and actually didn’t mention Kitty as a counter at all (though she’s clearly a hard counter). I mentioned blue AP denial, AP drain/theft, stun, tile stealing, etc. if you are good with his power as is at 7 AP that to me is a sign that he isn’t broken. Super powerful? T5 in the game? Sure. But if 1 AP makes the difference to you, that’s a sign. No one is saying just make Bishop’s blue 1 AP more. Same with Old school Gambit’s red/purple. They had fundamentally broken mechanics. Bill isn’t even close to that. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    To echo @BriMan2222's comment. The real problem with Billy's Blue is that it creates Protect tiles when do you literally almost anything, since that entails the enemy taking damage. The only exception to the "literally anything" is if you Stun Bill. Add that to the fact that Kitty and Bishop exist; those two accelerate Billy's Blue through the stratosphere. I have had success against BillyKitty myself, with Hela/Rescue/Daredevil, but it's very 50-50. Still, it shows Billy's Blue isn't exactly the gamechanger you're making it out to be. As @Daredevil217 has mentioned, it's nowhere near as broken as Godking Gambit or Bishop. If Godking Gambit were still a thing, he'd absolutely laugh at Billy's Blue. Wait at least 4 turns to generate the 11 Purple AP needed (or fewer if you can make Purple matches), then wait for Billy to use his Blue and then overwrite the countdown and Protect tiles. Yawn. Next challenge please. Or just bring your own Bishop or WorthyCap to trigger their passives and Stun Bill.

Billy isn't that scary when paired with Thorkoye either. I should know: I just took down that trio in Season Sim with Carol/R4G/Worthycap. Admittedly if I tried that in the challenge node, I'd have been eaten for breakfast. But realistically you don't expect ~lv300 4* to compete with lv600+ 5*, no matter how good the synergy of the former might be.

Although, I have mentioned to Daredevil that a slight nerf to his Blue wouldn't go amiss. Removing the fortification on his countdown tile would be a significant change, especially for players who don't have Kitty's Purple at 5. And perhaps make the AP gen proc only when Bill or his teammates match away the Protects, instead of triggering on both friendly and enemy matches. For instance, Iceman's Green and Blue only trigger when you match them, not the enemy. Carbage's Green passive only triggers when you match or destroy an S/A/P tile, not the enemy. Even Kitty's Red: the countdown isn't fortified, and it's only triggered on enemy powers, not enemy matches.

The damage itself is pretty standard by 2019 and 2020 5* standards. As some have mentioned, just look at Doom's Black. Look at Havok's Red and Blue. Look at Prof's Purple into Red. Look at how much total damage Hela's Green does. @ThaRoadWarrior mentioned Rescue's Red, albeit do you have to meet the condition of having at least two friendly S/A/P tiles to get that third hit. Which is why I didn't mention Carbage's Red: you need at least 4 friendly specials to get the bonus AoE damage.

@Anon mentioned Kitty as one strong counter to Billy's Blue, which is true. Of course, there are people who don't have a viable Kitty as a counter, like myself (I have her at 4/3/3). Does that mean I come on here and shoot down the valid and sound arguments of other forumites? No, I simply look at my champed 5* (and perhaps some of the more viable 4*) and see who would give me the best chance of dealing with Billy and whoever his teammates are. I accept a lv650 Billy is an absolute female dog. But so is every* 5* that is boosted to lv650.

*except Wasp hahahaha
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sub 2 Challenge node:

Hammercap/Hawkeye/JJ

The good news: Hammercaps passive in Clear 1 already only triggers with ~4k damage. In clear 3 it's at 11k damage.

The bad news: JJs traps do ~30k damage in clear 3 already. Hammercap's health is at 160k. Any power you fire that can do damage will trigger his passive and then you'll be stunlocked to death.

First two clears I did with a mirror team. This does not work in clear 3, since your own hammercap dies after the first match-4.

I then tried Gamora/Kitty/BRB, but Kittys Circuit Breaker triggers Hammercaps passive, plus after many matches you start to eat JJs traps regulary. You can't put out BRBs blue without triggering Hammercaps stunlock either.

So yeah, Demiurge, you're rockstars. You know how to make players enjoy the game. I'm so happy I'm only playing for prog and don't need this challenge node, that clearly belongs into DDQ. I should suggest this... ;)
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "The super duper tough one" is just plain mean. I have beaten it 2 times with 459 kitty, 310 gamora,  283 bishop.

Worthy has his number tweaked so high he is not as scary as normal. If you focus on collecting blue and black early on you can keep the enemy stun locked and get plenty of specials out to ramp up your damage pretty quickly. If jess manages to hit a trap you are toast though.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Really, we have reached the "nerf brb" phase?B If you meaningfully nerfs brb's blue he becomes a pretty meh 5*, somewhere around cable tier.

Re: this challenge, I think it's the first time that we have faced 3x relatively high match damage 5*s before. In the past, there have been 1 or 2 lower tier tile movers or goons so you didn't have to stunlock the whole team to avoid match damage.  And BRB in particular has absurd match damage.  It's in excess of 10k for a match3 at 650.  So that means that (1) any cascade is match over (crit match3s are doing close to 50k), (2) any successful team absolutely must have 1 or more 5* true healers (no one else can tank that much damage), and (3) the stunner bros are more or less neutralized (unless maybe you have them at 370) because they just die.

Lumbercap is a very good character for cl10.  His purple is a great way to control the match, and his red is decently efficient against these super chonky opponents.  If only he had true healing.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And now, for "Super Duper Tough One" part 2: JJ, Mighty Cap, 5* Hawkeye.  Haven't tried it yet, but I'll be proud if I can beat it once.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,341 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    tiomono said:
    "The super duper tough one" is just plain mean. I have beaten it 2 times with 459 kitty, 310 gamora,  283 bishop.

Worthy has his number tweaked so high he is not as scary as normal. If you focus on collecting blue and black early on you can keep the enemy stun locked and get plenty of specials out to ramp up your damage pretty quickly. If jess manages to hit a trap you are toast though.
    By the 5th clear (650), if people are trying that, Worthy is jumping in front on 25745 dmg, making CDs off 17,700.  JJ traps are doing 47287 dmg though.

I managed 4 clears with ThorkIce, but was a bit worried that a random repeater hit would trigger Worthy and it took a couple tries.  The match dmg is big, of course.