That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is your carbage champed? Mine is 4/0/4, unleveled currently. 
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Carn5ge (boosted), Medusa, Mr. F (boosted)

Ok that was very fun. Thanks for the great idea! 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have you tried bringing EB Venom? I haven't done that node yet, but he disregards protects. Or maybe Th4nos who can turn those tiles into greens for you rather than triggering the ap gain/new tile creation? The only times I've won against BRB/Carbage in PVP have involved stunning them asap and keeping them there.
    The problem with bringing Venom is that you create shield tiles for them whenever you make a match 3 with 5* match damage, which they match away and it gets all kind of messy. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Right on; Venom has never really worked for me either on the teams i've tried in Simulator against it; but figured somebody might have a plan there.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is your carbage champed? Mine is 4/0/4, unleveled currently. 
    Not champed, but close.  5/3/4.

If i had more of his red, itd probably go faster!  
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My Carnage is 3/1/2, I think.  And the Carnage/Mr. F/Medusa combo worked!  Not sure it'll get me through 4 fights, but I'm through one, so I'm on my way.  Thanks!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Kitty/Iceman5/ProfX did the job for me. Keep them stunned and spam green and purple.

I have a champed Carbage so I’m eager to try the other team.
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Thanks for this tip. Used them to finish the 3rd & 4th clears in the Twin Hammers of Knull node. 
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Beat the Brooklyn Bridge challenge node 4 times...  Heres what i did.

The first two clears are always easier.  As such, i dont know if this team just got lucky or what...

Prof5*, Chavez, Mr. F. (Boosted)

Basically, do the ProfX match 4 or 5 thing all you can.  Try to match all the enemy tiles you can.  With Mr F yellow @ 5, its healing and helps to fire free moves.  Which, since you only have THREE active moves, its either his stun, his imaginaut, or ProfX's purple.  Stunning Carnage is necessary, because it doesnt take him long to get double moves rolling.

For the 3rd and 4th clears, i figured that Mr F is actually doing more work than Prof and Chavez did!  So i doubled down on it.  

The two Carn5ges out there are creating tons of tiles.  Match an enemy's?  Healing, Green/Blue/Purple AP and 1/4th of a free move fired (which is never bad).  Match a friendly tile?  Even more healing (and keeps enemy Carn5ge farther away from free moves).

You'll get plenty of free moves, plus Medusa used the purple, Mr. F (gladly) uses the blue, and Carn5ge uses the green (which doesnt sound great on paper, but you want to do this to trim down friendly tiles for when enemy Carn5ge isnt stunned).  If it wasnt for the double dipping healing on SAP tiles, i dont think Carn5ge could have tanked through the fights at all.
    Awesome. Thanks!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sub 3 is too difficult. I will see what other teams I could use to take them down.

For the Challenge node, I can only clear once because I ran out of healthpacks and HP due to the last Hard node.

For the last Hard node, I can only clear thrice. Carnage attack tiles (at least 3000 damage) were too much for my characters' heathpoints.

• Wyntre
    Wyntre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options

Re: the challenge node: my baby champs Kitty, Prof X, and Iceman can't pull it out. BRB is going hard after the blue. The whole team has wiped twice on the challenge node. It's frustrating. Like HoundsofShadow, healthpacks are my biggest constraint. Thor's board shuffling + BRB's Clash of the Worthy with his OP shields + Carnage spamming... it's too much for that team. My Carbage isn't champed yet, so the other suggested team doesn't work; too weak. Other suggestions welcomed?

• HoundofShadow
    Options

I beat the 4th clear of Hard node with Medusa, Capworthy and C4rol. My attack tiles ramped up to close to 40k damage, which allows me to take down them easily. Sometimes, my team took 1 damage from match damage.

I beat clear 2 of the Challenge Node with my infinite stun team 2: IM40, Kamala Khan, and 2* Storm. It took me 16 minutes to beat clear 2. Yes, it's 2* Storm, not 3* or 5* Storm. I used ap boost and all boost to start with 3 yellow ap.

I could go in and pull this again but I'm not going to spend 45 minutes to clear the third and fourth time of the challenge node.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

2* Storm is better there than G4mora?

• BagPuss
    BagPuss Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options

Storm Green for AP generation

Devs, was this node play tested.

As in standard testing methodology, with an average user roster, while thinking about the user experience?

Or that other user version 1 experience

• HoundofShadow
    edited February 2020
    Options

G4Mora should be "better" but the team weakness is if the enemy special tiles spawn on purple tile(s), I have a hard time getting it out. Shuri removes only fortified enemy tiles.

With Shuri/IM40/G4mora, the focus is on reducing ap and using Deadliest Woman to win the match. Because IM40 tanks yellow, his survival rate is lower.

For IM40/Kamala/2* Storm, the strategy is to save up 20-30 green ap to gain other aps. 2* Storm stun for most of them for 4 turns, and Kamala helps to heal up the team and creates more green tiles for 2* Storm. With this team, all my aps are usually full, until I use it again. Depending on the board, I use IM40's Unibeam (even though it reduces friendly ap), and Kamala's green AoE. Kamala is boosted and she tanks yellow for IM40, so IM40 has higher survivality.

Edit: Clear 3 of Challenge node is out for team infinite 2: Death by match damage.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ugh. I have tried every team mentioned that I have the characters for (No usable Thor or Hawkeye). Managed one clear on the Brooklyn Bridge Challenge node, and two on the 5E. At their current scalings, I can't even survive long enough to drop a Whales Team-up. Don't know if I'm just getting particularly bad boards or what, but it ain't happening.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Carnage and brb are the most dangerous 5* right now, so this node is almost imposible. Even deadpool whales was really difficult to launch.

With champed X and carnage I cleared 3 times. First adding Riri for deactivating brb who is the most dangerous of the 2. Second and third clear adding worthy for a massive income of AP and posibly some stunt. If brb is killed there is some chance yet. And fourth after some tries using carnage as punching ball I fired deadpool whales.

I will not try more clears its too taxing

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

And be prepared for witness the power of mr sinister on future challenges nodes. New devs character publícing works well lol

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm waiting for LVL 650 Juggernaut myself... With two symbiotes for R/G AP generation, of course.