Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options
    BagPuss said:
    How long for that sub 2 open? 
    People in s1 still not finished yet I hear....  :D

It was like two hours. Admittedly, part of that was waiting for my phone to recharge enough, since the battery died while I was a few turns away from finishing my 4th clear of the 5E.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I opened in 70minutes and was #13 to clear.
    mindless ones are a slog, but the challenge node is definitely more beatable I believe.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BagPuss said:
    How long for that sub 2 open? 
    People in s1 still not finished yet I hear....  :D

It was like two hours. Admittedly, part of that was waiting for my phone to recharge enough, since the battery died while I was a few turns away from finishing my 4th clear of the 5E.
    Phone died while the mindless ones were placing their tiles? We’ve all been there!
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In the third sub I was able to clear carnage, mindless one, and symbiote four times with worthy, Mr F, and 4* Carol. I'm glad there are finally some interesting matches again! I'm also glad I don't try to get placement in pve or even bother with progression most events. It's the gift and curse of getting very few kitty covers. 
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it would be fine IF I just had to do one clear.  Then it would be fun for me.  But, having to do everything six times in a row to actually get anything remotely useful is insufferable.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BrB+Kitty+50Thor

Get Bill's blue out fast. Kitty boosts them. Use Thor like a 4* Wasp. Turn all the boosted tiles when you're ready to unload.

Bad RNG will still kill you, but this team worked for me more often than not.
  • supergarv
    Options
    @Borstock Thank you very much. That was a great hat tip and utilizes Thor how I never (!) used him before. That shows the real potential of challenge nodes.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For Plan G, the challenge node...

I turned to Kitty/Valk/Hela.

Now im gonna preface this by saying i only needed to win TWICE.  Full progression rewards throughout the event were obtained after clearing every node until the timer started, and then this last challenge node only needed two clears.

Back to the strat...

I targetted the symbiote minion first.  His passive to boost tiles is way better than Kitty's boost, and it gets to show off for a long fight.  Kill him ASAP!

I made sure to work my Bounty Hunter tiles each turn, to deny some AP, and generate some much needed yellow for my Kitty.

And eventually, i had enough defense to withstand basic hits, and enough offense to fight casually.  But only once that symbiote dies first!
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    CL10 is fine except for the repetition. Even one clear of the challenge node is good. So yes, bring it down to one clear and all would be fine. As it is, bleh.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    For Plan G, the challenge node...

I turned to Kitty/Valk/Hela.

Now im gonna preface this by saying i only needed to win TWICE.  Full progression rewards throughout the event were obtained after clearing every node until the timer started, and then this last challenge node only needed two clears.

Back to the strat...

I targetted the symbiote minion first.  His passive to boost tiles is way better than Kitty's boost, and it gets to show off for a long fight.  Kill him ASAP!

I made sure to work my Bounty Hunter tiles each turn, to deny some AP, and generate some much needed yellow for my Kitty.

And eventually, i had enough defense to withstand basic hits, and enough offense to fight casually.  But only once that symbiote dies first!
    Wait, are you saying the challenge node now functions like a wave node where two clears starts the timer and you need 5 instead of 7 for optimal clearing? If I’m reading you right I’m surprised this is the first I’ve heard of it. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Wait, are you saying the challenge node now functions like a wave node where two clears starts the timer and you need 5 instead of 7 for optimal clearing? If I’m reading you right I’m surprised this is the first I’ve heard of it. 
    No, he's saying that doing 4 clears on the other nodes in that sub and only twice on that challenge node was enough to get him full progression for the event (after playing and getting points in the previous days).
    Exactly.  Some events have different point requirements for progression.  And sometimes it changes slightly from one run to another.  

So, i ALWAYS plan on clearing each node until the timer pops up on it.  Thats the extent needed for full progression.  But sometimes, the points are a little off and only need 2 or 3 clears of the end node on the last day.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I decided to jump to SCL 10 in Venom Bomb so that I can experience getting brutalised by the difficulty level that everyone else is experiencing.

Playing SCL 10 brought me back to the good old time when I was still new to 2* land taking on PvE SCL 5/6.  My team at that time was 1* Black Widow, Magneto and Wolverine/Daken. I remember taking 1.5 to 2 hours to clear all nodes six times.

Anyway, my healthpack usage here in SCL 10 is between 20 to 30, due to the challenge node and 5* essential wiping me out with cascades or match 4 on the third or fourth clear.  I used the following team to finish all 4 clears:

Challenge Node

1st clear: IM40/Shuri/Mysterio
    2nd clear: IM40/Shuri/Riri
    3rd clear: IM40/Shuri/G4mora
    4th clear: IM40/Shuri/G4mora

Last Hard node
    1st clear: IM40/Shuri/1* Black Widow
    2nd clear: IM40/Shuri/1* Black Widow
    3rd clear: IM40/Shuri/G4mora
    4th clear: IM40/Shuri/G4mora

For 4* players out there, IM40/Shuri/G4mora is the MVP for me. 

I hope this team will help you to clear the tile mover nodes more easily.
  • supergarv
    Options
    You beat the CL10 nodes with those teams? Wow. Kudos. That is some serious effort, I gotta hand it to you.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Non-IM40/Shuri/G4mora took me about 10 to 15  minutes per clear for the  first couple clears. IM40/Shuri/G4mora sped things up a lot.

I used a lot of ap boosts and healthpacks though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sub 1 of Venom Bomb, Technical Problems is taking me a bit of time to sort out.

Goblin/Doc Oc/Iron Man

Oc is like magically hitting those match-4s early so my stunlocks aren't working. Goblin has been able to 1-shot me with goblin glider if i'm not watching black. I'll figure it out, but so far I'm just 1 clear in lol
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Goblin/Doc Oc/Iron Man

Oc is like magically hitting those match-4s early so my stunlocks aren't working. Goblin has been able to 1-shot me with goblin glider if i'm not watching black. I'll figure it out, but so far I'm just 1 clear in lol
    I got through two clears but couldn't manage a third.  I'm not playing for placement so am ok with it but that node is brutal.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Goblin/Doc Oc/Iron Man

I got through two clears but couldn't manage a third.  I'm not playing for placement so am ok with it but that node is brutal.
    This one seems really hard although I played HAT in 9.  I did manage 5 clears using Thorkoye and Iceman but gave up after those (and throwing a bunch of mediocre 5's at it, watching them fail miserably).

Seems to me that Iceman and BRB are two of the most important 5's if you're not rocking big 5's on the meta people, and maybe even with them.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Non-IM40/Shuri/G4mora took me about 10 to 15  minutes per clear for the  first couple clears. IM40/Shuri/G4mora sped things up a lot.

I used a lot of ap boosts and healthpacks though.
    What levels do you have these characters at? I took my Shuri (301)/G4mora (302)/Riri (286) in there for clear-3, and it was a bloodbath (not in my favor). It's a cool team, but it didn't work for me at all. What's the strategy there? Stunlock->to Deadliest Woman?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    D3adpool is one of the 3*s I flipped without a champable replacement recently, so I can't even whales this one lol. He's still 4/4/3
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D3adpool is one of the 3*s I flipped without a champable replacement recently, so I can't even whales this one lol. He's still 4/4/3
    Ask your ally for 3*DP teamups, and bring whales, and boost TU AP.  That should work OK, maybe.  It's a real pain, that node.