That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

650 Juggernaut makes your phone explode when he headbutts you.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm going to keep this on hand for when my phone gets "accidentally dropped" when they put in the ultimate can't-beat-without-550s-and-all-max-boosts Challenge Node.

Think the wife would believe it?

• bluewolf
    edited February 2020
    Options

Today's Challenge node: BSSM with a pair of Carriers who generate Green (hence feed his normally-way-too-expensive random stun+dmg ability).

EDIT: This was dirt easy with Thorkoye and Iceman.

I appreciate a break.

It helps that power creep has left poor BSSM far behind our newest 5s who were the star of the show in sub 3.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

In slice 5, so just doing the sub 3 (BRB, Carnage, Thor) challenge node now. 4/6 so far with he/worthy/okoye. Only one balk when I forgot to manage blue and couldn't cycle carnage's stun properly. This is a very reliable team, but would be hard pressed without worthy being boosted, and does use a healthpack for every victory.

I expect that clears 7-8 later today will be fairly straight forward as well. The only risk is in the first couple of turns where a cascade for the ai is likely to be a wipe. Damage is not a problem at all with worthy + okoye. Once you have 10-12 charged tiles out and 10+ tu ap, you can easily do 150k+ damage per 9 blue ap, so it's just a matter of surviving long enough to bring that hammer down.

I expect that bssm + 2 feeders will be easier handle with a variety of stunlock teams.

All in all, I suspect that many of the challenge nodes will require these 'trick' teams that win without allowing the enemy to take more than a handful of turn in the entire match.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So I have only had time to try the sub 3 challenge node of Carbage/BRB/Thor three times. Very first time I wiped, bad board. I then made my first clear with Thorkoye/XFDP. For the second clear I used Okoye/Riri/Vulture brought some black AP boost to make sure I could get Vulture going. Beat it without taking hardly any damage (just a little to Riri), Okoye fully healed and Vulture doesn't take damage since he is constantly airborne. Will see how clears 3 an 4 go later....

• robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options

Some mentioned about lvl 650 for Moonstone (332.6K) or Juggernaut (389K).

However, I think that lvl 650 carnage (312K) and brb (312K) are harder to deal with since their match damages are way higher and has many passive effects.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Im having a rough time with BSSM plus symbiotes. They generate green so fast! And just one hit if that cheap blue makes him invis.

Pretty rough, but i've only burned like 5 health packs. I'll try him again later.

• Vhailorx
    Options

I think 5*s are almost always more threatening when wildly over-leveled because of their extreme match damage. Most powers can be avoided/denied/eaten at least once with careful pre-planning, but match damage is basically unavoidable (without a stunlock strategy), so even though lower *tier powers can actually scale higher than 5* powers, the 5*s are harder to deal with in a long match.

And 5*s + feeders or unavoidable passive damage are the hardest combos of all (royal family, BRB/carnage, etc).

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

I beat the Brb/carbage/thor node a few times with BRB/Gladiathor/5* Daredevil and +ap boost to purple/blue and all ap. If you can get enough purple ap you can use daredevil to steal all the enemy special tiles, turn them into strike tiles, and stun the enemies.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options

It was fun for the one fight it got me through!

• PiMacleod
    edited February 2020
    Options

Okay... Im back.

Only got one win on BSSM and friends so far.

Icem5n/Goblin/Vulture

Feed bobby blue and green with vulture. Goblin protects bobby's tiles. Fun times with double (or more!) dipping stuns and team damage tiles.

Its a ****-shoot though... If the blue tiles arent accessible, as was the case my other two tries so far, you cant stop him.

I think stunning is absolutely a must this time... Unless you have Thorkoye, which i dont.

Edit: HA! Didnt even think about censorship for my gambling-reference... I had to look twice to release why it got auto-censored.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I haven't been able to beat BRB/Carbage/Thor even one time yet. That team is insta-skip for me in Simulator, I don't have an answer to it here either, even when it doesn't feature Kitty as third.

• PiMacleod
    Options

Update!

Beat clears 2 3 and 4 of BSSM and friends on Liberty Island. No whales either.

Kitty/Bishop/Mr. F (boosted)

Its worth noting that i have Chewie rank 4 on Kitty...

Also, used AP boosts to start with 4 blue AP each time.

The idea is somewhat simple...

Bishop takes hit or two, makes enough blue to stun him with Bishops stun if possible... If not, Mr. F's stun is a touch cheaper, and you just need Bishop to get touched once in order to have the AP, due to the boosts.

Start working on gathering blue and yellow AP as much as possible. The symbiotes dont fire often, and kitty will help with cleanup due to her purple, but if you can match them instead, thats healing for Bishop and 1 step closer to a free move.

Fire off kitty's yellow whenever possible. Bishop will eat them to make more blue. Due to hunting down blue and yellow, this should get you enough AP to stun BSSM when he recovers. If not, hopefully his minions have been using the green so he cant throw a car at you. Instead, he'll match again, Bishop will jump in, repeat earlier steps.

I mentioned Chewie earlier because Mr. F's blue does damage AND stun for every 4 specials you have. Just so happens that Chewie helps you make them via Kitty matches. Also Kitty's red only costs 6 - pad your special tile count with that. Also, Mr. F's black isnt a primary thought, but fire it when you can -- its an extra tile, and the extra stuff Kitty can buff while BSSM is stunned is a bonus.

The only hardship is controlling the enemy tiles. Match them when you can! Because you know Kitty's purple never gets the ones you want them to get, so help it narrow it down as much as possible.

Good luck!

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2020
    Options

The BSSM node for me was the easiest of the event actually; using okoye/thor/ice (5 clears), stunlocking bssm and using ice green, while chasing TU, setup ices blue with okoye red. Same team that worked wonders in the previous CL10 event, whenever only one boardmover is involved...

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sub 4 is slightly easier. In terms of difficulty level (from most difficult to the the least)

1. Sub 3

2. Sub 4

3. Sub 2

4. Sub 1

I have achieved full progression and I'm going back to SCL 7. Lots of HP, Iso-8 have been lost in this battle.

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options

Well, it's the price for half a 5* cover in progression... I've wiped quite a few times in these, but mostly been successful by testing different teams. A deep roster really shines here.

If they manage to improve old 5*s, this could be a fun node at some point, running 4 different teams to avoid healthpacks.

• PiMacleod
    Options

I think difficulty is hard to rate. A good board can make it feel easier, while a difficult board can make something easy appear hard.

Also, rosters come into play. My own roster as an example, i have a 5 cover Okoye, and a 7 cover Th5r. I dont have those "tools".

But yesterday, my nearly champed Carn5ge heavily contribute to my wins on the day 3.

This is one of those puzzles i think the difficulty is only the same for all if we all had the same tools, and if the board was predictable.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, on the day 4 Challenge node, I found, even once I had the team dialed in (Prof/Kitty/Iceman), a bad board could send things south really fast. But with a decent board, I'd be able to get Spidey stunned relatively early, and as long as I could keep him locked down, it was just a matter of time before I won.

• bluewolf
    Options

Copying this from a Reddit post: Unstable Iso-8's Challenge Node #1.

"Sub 1 challenge node is Green Goblin, Ares and a grenadier.

For clears this setup isn’t too bad. However, around 3rd and 4th clear as the hp increases, the green fed by the grenadier will enable Ares to hit you quite hard, so you either disable the grenadier asap, or keep Ares stunned."

• Vhailorx
    Options

Have done 4/6 clears on venom bomb sub-4 challenge node (bssm + goons).

Much easier than sub 3. Eating bssm green is hard, so the best strategies are ones that will prevent it from even firing. Stunlock teams make the node a breeze. Airborne teams work as well (riri, Nova). Hela would also be helpful, for trimming down the enemy green pool and for overwriting all the enemy special tiles.

All in all I think there were lots of viable options for this node.