Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Options

Comments

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

Seems like it would be easy enough to look for an ascended character on a roster and be able to give retro feeder rewards.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dramatist said:
    Seems like it would be easy enough to look for an ascended character on a roster and be able to give retro feeder rewards.

Sure, but they don't want to.
    They explicitly stated that.
    It's a trade-off.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would guess the problem arises with how you break out what the merged character was after ascension. It's basically the same thing as how sold off max-champs never granted retro rewards conceptually. You need that version of that character on roster at the time of reward to get it.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@dramatist said:

Sure, but they don't want to.
    They explicitly stated that.
    It's a trade-off.

I have a feeling that they'll change their mind about this when they see the level of outcry it will produce among the top 1%. Nobody has truly ramped up the pressure on this yet because it's still theoretical, but when it becomes real it's going to be a big mess for them.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I'll be curious to see what happens. Unlike past retro handouts, this time up front it was pretty explicitly stated that there would be no handouts for ascended characters, and this wasn't like shardmas where it was getting applied to your roster from on high, you have to opt in to ascend a character same as selling them off. So it's pretty clear, but you know, people be having feelings even so.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Man, Coulson at 5* is top tier. Hands down the best jump up I’ve seen so far.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Shhh, we still don't know if that blue is working as intended.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Its power description matches what happens, so I would hope it’s intended. Even if the damage values change hopefully the cD spam will persist.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Well so was his purple, until they changed it.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Ah, that wasn’t clear from the commentary. I noticed in simulator that an enemy Kang earns blue off of all countdown resolution from either side. I hadn’t noticed that before

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:
    With Goose (Chewie!) out, I'm going to go all in on her as my 3* favourite. Nearly all of my current 3* are Max-Max or close to as I kept my dupes when BCS was handing out all those retro rewards, so I have no real need to target any 3* unless I really wanted one in particular the 5* level.

So now I'll test how long it takes to max a 3* from scratch (hehe) before I can ascend.

Update: With the bonus pull rate now at an end, Goose is at 207.

She was my only 3* target the entire time, I've been pulling all my Standard/Heroic/Elite/Mighty tokens. 54 covers in 2 weeks. Will see how long it takes to get the next 59 covers without the bonus pull rate in effect. I'm guessing 8 more weeks.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@rainkingucd said:
    With Goose (Chewie!) out, I'm going to go all in on her as my 3* favourite. Nearly all of my current 3* are Max-Max or close to as I kept my dupes when BCS was handing out all those retro rewards, so I have no real need to target any 3* unless I really wanted one in particular the 5* level.

So now I'll test how long it takes to max a 3* from scratch (hehe) before I can ascend.

She was my only 3* target the entire time, I've been pulling all my Standard/Heroic/Elite/Mighty tokens. 54 covers in 2 weeks. Will see how long it takes to get the next 59 covers without the bonus pull rate in effect. I'm guessing 8 more weeks.

Interesting? Maybe? Without favoriting Goose but pulling everything, mine is at 173.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@rainkingucd said:

@rainkingucd said:

Interesting? Maybe? Without favoriting Goose but pulling everything, mine is at 173.

That is interesting. If our token rate is comparable, then would mean 20-30 covers from targeting alone in those 2 weeks. If so, it would only takes me 4 more weeks to max out Goose

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Similar to @bluewolf , pulling everything without setting Goose to favorite, my own 3* Goose is at 176 (0 shards) currently. I've been working on maxing out my duplicate Arcade all this time to ascend him to 4*, and he went from under 13 covers to level 183 in largely the same window I think, but I wasn't accurately tracking it so it could have been more or less time.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I just got 4* Cyclops's duplicate to 13 covers, but due to the recent champing of dupes at a faster rate than my iso earn, I'm not iso-poor for the first time in maybe a year where I don't have enought to do it. Hard to say if that's because I'm no longer flipping 2s and the incremental 3* ascended rewards aren't as helpful, or if it's just due to the frequency of the duplicate champing draining it. It would be a mega bummer to discover that ascension was a net negative.

• Bowgentle
    Options

It probably is.
    Ascending the 4s feels like it's targeted at the really big rosters who have no need for ISO.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

You're likely right; I think i kind of built my farm in reverse a bit, by only saving 4* duplicates and flipping the lower tiers as they hit the top.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

4* dupe farms require an immense amount of ISO to set up. Most of my first wave hit 370 around the same time, and I went from post-iso to massive debt for like 6 months.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    4* dupe farms require an immense amount of ISO to set up. Most of my first wave hit 370 around the same time, and I went from post-iso to massive debt for like 6 months.

Yeah, I'm in that period now - weird to see ISO dropping, although I still have plenty right now.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I was kind of in stasis around 2 million for awhile, but with all the recent champing I'm down under 300k. But it's not the end of the world, I can easily just keep stacking champable dupes and just put them over as the iso shows up like in the old days.