Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

That passive is the only reason I use him at 4* level so is assumed I wouldn't ascend him, but you make a good point about his MThor countering prowess.

In a few years time when I have that decision to make it might be a toughie.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker

Well.. Last night I joined the ranks of having all classic 5-stars championed. I guess my next challenge is to get all of my ISO neglected 4, 3, and 2's championed. It would be nice to be post-ISO, though 4-star duplicates are going to be a thing with increasing frequency.

What are you post classic guys doing with your favorites and CP? Not sure who to target in 5-star land (currently targeting Okoye). Otherwise I'm thinking of targeting ascension candidates and just rebuilding my CP after spending it all on classics. Guessing classics will still be the eventual target.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Zalasta said:
    Well.. Last night I joined the ranks of having all classic 5-stars championed. I guess my next challenge is to get all of my ISO neglected 4, 3, and 2's championed. It would be nice to be post-ISO, though 4-star duplicates are going to be a thing with increasing frequency.

What are you post classic guys doing with your favorites and CP? Not sure who to target in 5-star land (currently targeting Okoye). Otherwise I'm thinking of targeting ascension candidates and just rebuilding my CP after spending it all on classics. Guessing classics will still be the eventual target.

Getting the meta 5s to 530+, then 550.
    Work on one after the other.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

As of a month or so ago, I have all classics championed and am post iso. I'm targetting 4's that have good passives to ascend and Okoye. Right now I don't see any reason not to 550 Okoye, even though she's almost 20 levels higher than my next five. (I don't do PVP.)

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,352 Chairperson of the Boards

My 5* target is on Next Out of latest, and the times that catches up I usually move it around to whatever 5* is closest to gaining a level. I don’t really want any one character to run away from the pack on levels so my roster stays generally usable equally. Similar with 4* characters, it’s either a feeder for next out of there is one, or whichever character was closest to a reward I wanted. Until ascension there were very few 4* characters worth pushing up for their own sake, but that’s a whole other thing now. My current strategy on 4 shards is to push over the dupes on my ascendable 4s to champ+1 and then I just suboptimally ascend after getting the first LT off them.

I just got miles champed this morning, so I’m caught up again. At this point this thread kind of seems more interesting to track ascension progress to me.

Currently I have ascended:
    4-to-5:
    Chavez
    Rogue
    Medusa
    Valkyrie
    Peggy
    Hulkbuster
    Kate Bishop
    Luke cage
    Sabretooth
    Gwenpool
    Ghost rider
    Nico
    Shuri

3-to-4

Deadpool
    Psylocke

2-to-3

Cap

1-to-2

Storm
    Iron man
    Spider-man

So far i haven’t jumped anybody up more than a single tier.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,563 Chairperson of the Boards

I can't believe you had so many max 4*.

Uh, my current 5* target is Wasp (lvl 545). Probably nobody else should do that.

Basically I can pretty easily keep up with Latest guys just off LT (I open as I go) so my 5* favorite goes on whoever's closest to 550 now.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I have way more Max 4s, those were just the ones with champed duplicates. I have remaining:
    Coulson - dupe 5/4/0
    Ant-Man - lvl273
    Black Panther - lvl290
    Black widow - 1/2/3
    Blade - no dupe
    Captain marvel - lvl289
    Carnage - 0/1/0
    Cyclops - 2/3/2
    Dazzler - 0/3/1
    Deadpool - 2/2/1
    Elektra - 0/0/1
    Emma Frost - lvl 307
    Gamora - 4/4/3
    Iceman - 5/3/3
    Iron fist - 0/1/1
    Jean grey - lvl273
    Jubilee - lvl272
    Juggernaut - lvl284
    Karnak - 0/1/0
    Kingpin - lvl283
    Kraven - 1/2/1
    Lockjaw - lvl288
    Miles morales - lvl274
    Mockingbird - 1/1/0
    Moon knight - 2/2/2
    Mordo - 3/3/2
    Mr fantastic - 2/1/2
    Nightcrawler - lvl275
    Professor x - 4/1/3
    Rocket and Groot - lvl278
    Sam Wilson - 4/4/3
    Sandman - 2/2/1
    Spider-Gwen - lvl283
    The thing - 0/0/2
    Thor - no dupe
    Vulture - lvl288
    Wasp - 4/3/5
    Winter soldier - 3/3/3 (current fav)
    Wolverine - 5/0/3
    X-23 - lvl270

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,563 Chairperson of the Boards

That's absolutely wild.

Everyone else: this is what happens when you're in Classics full-time. Go back like 10 or 20 pages on here and look at the state of roadwarrior's roster when he made the move to Classics, and where it's at now.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2023

I have about 14 more at 360 or above, about half of those above 365 I'd say. I think some of those are going to be wild ascended. I'm really looking forward to Panther getting over, and Carol as well. I'm very curious if my old 4* anesthaesiologist team of Vulture/Gamora/Sandman is going to work well at the 5* tier once they all can be ascended too.

Also Nightcrawler and Professor X are going to be really fun at 5* play. that team with Sersi, hitting at what will hopefully be 5* numbers, is going to be a good time in simulator.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I will say that looking at my bottom tier lack of ascension, it's very apparant I was only growing single crops for my farm lol. I've been just flipping max champs as they hit the top and I have a backfill, so I'm usually pretty flatfooted on changes to the 3* tier feeders. But they don't feed very well, so that isn't a big deal to me. It did put me a ways behind some of y'all on growing 1-3 though.

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler

I have only ascended four 4s at the moment. I could ascend about eight more, I just haven’t yet. I’ll probably ascend Coulson very soon. I always liked playing him as a 4.

I’ve done quite a few 3s. I’m playing around with sharding 3 Bullseye for a long while to see how hard it will be for me to get a 3* ascended to a 5*. Who knows how long I’ll stick with this plan.

I think it’s great that I’m thinking about these characters again.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

@entrailbucket said:
    That's absolutely wild.

Everyone else: this is what happens when you're in Classics full-time. Go back like 10 or 20 pages on here and look at the state of roadwarrior's roster when he made the move to Classics, and where it's at now.

Wow, it was 3 1/2 years ago that he started this thread. Time is flying by as I would have sworn it wasn't more than 2 years old.

It's the 3 1/2 years part than Classics that explains the difference in roster. I say that because even if he earned 30 cp a day that's only 10950 a year. The difference between spending that in latest vs classics is only 109 covers per year. That's not even 1 extra level on every 4* a year. In 3 years that's maybe 3 extra levels. That would be an imperceptible difference in roster level.

Most of the gain has come from LTs + earning shards/covers in PvP/PvE + 3* farming etc. Yes, Classics helps a bit but an extra 100 covers a year didn't account for this roster change.

KGB

P.S. Note - I am speculating on his CP / day earnings since he never really listed his daily / weekly / monthly earnings anywhere that I saw. 30 CP a day seems reasonable.

• Bowgentle

Lol what.
    You dramatically underestimate the 5* Champ rewards.
    He must be closer to 80 CP per day, plus 1 or 2 LTs.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2023

I never listed it because I never tracked it. It's well over 30, but I couldn't tell you by how much with accuracy. Bowgentle is more likely closer, it could even be more but again I really don't track anything anymore. I used to track every pull but I got tired of keeping notes; I really just let RNGeezus take the wheel and pull whatever shows up. But I think the real trick is that I spend it as I go, so my roster doesn't stagnate until it rockets, it's just always moving up kind of in real time. 4* rewards above 330 and 5* rewards are significant.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,374 Chairperson of the Boards

My 5* target is always latest unchamped, and then once I get them champed I move around a bit.

Sometimes I do the "highest shards" approach a few times (i.e. targeted all 5* over 450 shards) and then untargeted them as they each bumped over the 500 mark

Sometimes I do the "fatten up Okoye" approach. She was like my 4th or 5th highest 5*, and now she's at the top but only by a couple of levels.

For 4*, I think the approach is going to be "target an ascendable to a specific mark, then move on to the next". Polaris is current target, and her dupe is at 318. She is good and ready for ascension already, but I may just keep going and see how high I can get her as a test for when she's ascendable. But then Winter Soldier is at 276, so I kind of want to get him to 280 before I ascend.

For 3*, I'm going the dual max champ approach, and I had a bunch of them already. Current target is She-Hulk, as her dupe is 229 and it shouldn't take too long to get her up to 266.

Although I am tempted to go all in on a new release (Bong or SM:I) and see exactly how long it takes me to get to 370

• ThaRoadWarrior

I kind of want to push Bong over too, both to see how long it takes and just to have him in 5* play. I know that very few people are going to use him like that lol.

• Bowgentle

I'm not sure.
    True heal on a 5 for his teammates could be extremely valuable.
    Depends on how he scales.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

I've been trying to think what the most amusing character to ascend to 5* would be.

Bag Man is an obvious candidate but others will already be planning that.

Talos is good (ish) now so no one is getting a giggle out of him appearing in their list of opponents.

Squirrel Girl? Vision?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,374 Chairperson of the Boards

I > @ThaRoadWarrior said:

I kind of want to push Bong over too, both to see how long it takes and just to have him in 5* play. I know that very few people are going to use him like that lol.

oooh, Bong + Coulson + Hawkeye?