Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

She's just GOT to be on the list for a rework. She's one of the worst, and I never see her.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    She's just GOT to be on the list for a rework. She's one of the worst, and I never see her.

It's bad enough in that Cosmic Chaos node where you have to use her.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

It's bad enough in that Cosmic Chaos node where you have to use her.

I always use D4nvers for that node.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was able to get High Evolutionary champed. These 5* shards turning up in the vaults are really helpful.

Current Latest:
    Jeff: level 452 with 94 shards
    Evo: level 450 with 59 shards
    Gwenom: 2/2/3 with 268 shards. I’m working on my dupe Gwenpool at the 4* tier, she was freshly started so only 1/2/1 currently.

NEW:
    Slime-o-saur: 0/0/0 with 0 shards

36 max champ 4*, 28 have active dupes

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

I pulled my 50 Latests and High Evolutionary is 4,4,4 with 305 shards and Gwenom is 3,2,2 with 1480 shards. I also have 36 completed 4*s with 24 more between 360 and 369.

• entrailbucket
    Options

You guys are really racking up the 370s!

I finished off Shang-Chi and have moved on to Jessica Jones, who's at 548 now. I've got 17 550s (miscounted in another thread), and 35 others 500 or higher.

This whole thing is still crazy, I never thought I'd get this far.

How big is your highest 5*?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

For me it’s still Profe$$or X who is at 476, followed by Yellowjacket at 470, with a bunch of the rest in the 460s

• dramatist
    Options

My Okoye is my highest at 484. Shang Chi is gaining fast because I have had him sharded for the last six months or so. He’s 482.

I actually got a Venomsaurus token this morning. I haven’t gotten a 5* from their release store since Carnage, I think.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was able to cover 4 5 stars last week, champing two (Colossus & Ultron) and two waiting on iso (High Evolutionary and Black Panther) - when I think how long it took me to get to the 5* level this pace is pretty hard to fathom. I also have a glut of 5's sitting on 10-11 covers all of which are viable classics moving forward. For the first time ever I have more champed 5's than not.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Gwenom is champed, so now I'm caught up to latest again until the new season starts in a couple days. There is no feeder for dino-brock yet, so i just left it on the gwenom tree for the time being. i've just been spending everything as I get it, CP into classic.

Current Latest:
    Jeffrey: level 456
    HeVo: level 454
    Gwenom: level 452

NEW:
    Dino-Brock: 0/0/0 with 410 shards

41 max-champ 4*s
    36 active dupes

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yep, I've also just champed Gwenom (& Sersi too in the process) and started stockpiling resources for anniversary stuff.

Apart from Venomsaurus (no covers, 330 shards) I now only have five 5*s unchamped, Odin & Moon Knight at 10 covers, Ghost Rider, Hela, and Ultron at 12 each.

Just started duping 4*s too - up to 8 now.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Looks like even more 5* covers now with the classics strategy. Should help bump everyone up if you want, or can mini-hoard for specific characters now

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I moved my 4* over to sabretooth now that Omega Red has launched. I had him at level 345 already, so i ended up with a cover and 1600 shards. I've pulled two 3* covers as well, but i've been dumping hp into the fan favorites vault so i'll have to wait to get him on roster for a bit.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Hm, interesting stealth overhaul to the classic legends store - there is a rotating list of 3 5s with better odds, so if you pull a 5* it will have 14x odds of being one of those three (odds of pulling a 5* at all are ~1:6), and then there are also 3 4* characters with those odds over the others. This did not propogate to the 4* pool in Latest.

• dramatist
    edited July 2023
    Options

So better 5* odds overall; nice!

I wonder how often the increased odds trio will rotate?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Surely there will be some kind of announcement with details

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yet another gift to those of us who hoard CP and tokens.

Nothing like improved odds even if it's only 2% more.

KGB

• dramatist
    Options

I just pulled 25 Classics and six 5* covers. None of the increased odds 5s. I did get 3 Juggernaut covers and 2 Karnak covers from the increased odds 4s.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@KGB said:

KGB

How do you know they won't ever increase the odds again? Better keep hoarding!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

KGB

How do you know they won't ever increase the odds again? Better keep hoarding!

I can just ask them in the monthly questions thread ;)

KGB