Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

Ok so with the boost he's actually pretty funny against Chasm. It's not, like, good, or anything, but it's really funny.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yep, we noticed.
    Well, the ones of us with ancient rosters did.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I think he should do some kind of other thing while stunned in addition to his one thing, because I find that stunning him and then 1-shotting him is pretty trivial for the most part.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah. He sort of needs to go away to the Ancestral Plain or something because he definitely is very killable whilst stunned.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2023

It would be nice if he didn’t aggressively undercut what Okoye is trying to do by hemmoraging all your team up that she worked so hard to bank up.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I’d been dumping HP into the Krakoa vault chasing the 5* shards this week to finish Magik, and I pulled a usable red this morning anyway to finish her up, along with a High Evolutionary now that he is in Latest. I moved my favorite tree over to Jeffrey Shark. Gwenpool is at 366, so I’ll probably finish her up to 370 rather than starting the dupe now since it’s only four additional colors. Gwenom’s retro rewards rolled in, so I have 6 covers for her sitting around, and I already pulled a 3* too, so I’m kind of in remedial Hp earn mode for a bit.

Current Latest:
    Magik: lvl 452 with 421 shards
    Jeffrey: 3/2/4 with 271 shards
    High Evolutionary: 1/3/2 with 30 shards

NEW:
    Gwenom: 0/0/0 with one cover on the vine and 2500 shards.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards

I have managed to stay ahead of the LL so far without too much trouble. My strategy has instead been sharding the most recent to enter LL. Between retro rewards, PVE, Boss Event Rewards, and targeting, I am usually champing them as the next one enters.

I finished Jeff during the boss event, and with High Evolutionary entering, I switched him to my favourite.

I pulled about ~40-50 from latest today. A good haul, adding some Jeff & HEvo covers (managed to get 500 bonus, plus a 50 and a 125 too)

Magik: 454
    Jeff: 456
    HEvo: 3/4/3 with 767 shards

Gwenom got 4 covers from retro rewards, and as a nice little surprise, managed to snag 1 from the 200 offer in the Gwenomous Spider store.

My 4* strategy is still all over the place. I was targeting the feeders to make sure the LL were champed, but then I switched to maxing out the "in use" 4*. I just got Polaris about 360, I think I will get Juggernaut up there next. By that time maybe the next 5* will have a new feeder and I can target them instead

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler

Well I opened 50 Latests again and managed to champ Magic and Jeffrey. Then I opened 25 classics and got 7 5* covers. I’m also up to 35 max champ 4*s.

Ended up with 19 Latest Legends and a little over 6000 cp.

• rainkingucd

Now I'm really lost. High Evolutionary is champed, so I now have everyone champed except Gwenom. Any ideas here on who I should favourite in the 5* tier?

Highest is Mthor at 473
    Lowest are Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Doctor Doom, and Sersei at 452

Target lowest to bring up the average level?
    Target metas to increase health pools?
    Target Okoye to ensure she buffs against Thor/iHulk?

• entrailbucket

That's a pretty good problem to have!

I'd probably target Thor, because she's your highest, and she's also really good.

If you were to really lean into the RNG life, you could just not bonus anybody, and let the shards fall wherever!

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

I've been pondering the same question. I'm only weeks away from having all 5's champed. So who to favorite then? I'm thinking Okoye right now since I basically only do PVE. But I think a case could be made for Shang Chi.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

@rainkingucd said:
    Now I'm really lost. High Evolutionary is champed, so I now have everyone champed except Gwenom. Any ideas here on who I should favourite in the 5* tier?

When in doubt target Okoye.

• entrailbucket

If you wanted to keep your levels relatively balanced, another option might be to bonus whichever 5* has the most shards. You could switch it around whenever you got enough for another level.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I was walking it around to whoever had shards close enough to push them a level when I was in that state, it worked out pretty well until somebody rotated out.

I've just champed Jeff Shark from shards. I think these new bonus shards are really working. I've moved my 5* to High Evolutionary (2/3/2 with 90 shards), I also moved my 4* over to Nebula who is at 341, so 2x covers left to issue.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

@rainkingucd said:

Highest is Mthor at 473
    Lowest are Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Doctor Doom, and Sersei at 452

Target lowest to bring up the average level?
    Target metas to increase health pools?
    Target Okoye to ensure she buffs against Thor/iHulk?

I'm in the same boat and was shargeting those close to the next level. Then I kept getting bonus shards and overshooting so I've stopped that. I'm going for the next LL that is unchamped (Jeff) figuring that it will mean fewer pulls when I break the hoard in a few weeks. After that I'm going to bonus the ones I use most and rotate every couple of levels.

• entrailbucket

Fwiw I'm now bonusing whoever's closest to 550, until they get there. I finished Beta Ray Bill this way, and I'm two covers away from maxing Shang-Chi.

• ThaRoadWarrior

One of those jeff covers was a 500 bonus shard pull all at once for me; that was pretty cool. I only recall that maybe one other time ever.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm slowly getting the good ones to 500.
    Okoye is 520 and will stay there - I need her for PVE, but I'm not going to enter 550 MMR with her.
    Jane is 501, Shang 500.
    Colossus is next, but he's only at 475, so that'll take a while.
    Various others around 485-495.

• rainkingucd

thanks all! All great advice. I opted to go down the "highest shards route" with a little of RNG, so I favourited 5 characters that all had above 485 shards.

2 pulls in and I got 500 bonus shards for......

Captain Marvel :/ who, is now at 1001 shards. It seems @Scofie was on to something....

Granted, she was one of my lowest so it helps bring up the average!

• ThaRoadWarrior

I still think Danver5' yellow engine has a place somewhere. I was using Danver5/Polaris/Jane occasionally in simulator against non-zombie teams. It's a fairly fast infinite combo once it gets rolling to feed Thor's nuke until the board completely floods with strikes and it won't break any tiles anymore. But there is a lot of damage flying around, so it often doesn't last that long, RNG willing.