Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,374 Chairperson of the Boards

I targeted Abomination straight away. He's now over 300, and with his 2 extra covers, got Wong champed. I am slowly dipping my toes in the "classics CP" approach. I'm still nervous I can't champ all the LL's via tokens only, but it seems promising so far.

I'm hoarding my CP, occasionally opening 100 CP at a time in classics, but using LLs as they come. Between the double Boss event, the 6 covers from Thing, and then targeting Abomination, I have both Wong and Kang champed. Magik is my current target, and I've gotten quite a bit on her thanks to the Fool's Gold and Kamar-Taj vaults, so only 1 cover away from having her champed.

And Jeffrey also landed at 6 covers thanks to Gwenpool. All in all it looks like I'll be able to keep up, even those that don't start with Retro Feeders. My CP pool is ~1700 and that's with nearly all 3 LL champed.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

I was unable to champ Hit-Monkey before he rotated, because I had gotten 13 covers for Wong. I was going to let Hit-Monkey rotate out, unable to champ him, and use Domino to champ the monkey. But because of the Kamar-Taj vault I was able to get enough Shards to finish up Hit-Monkey. Now I'm waiting for Wong to rotate out.

• Belphegor666
    Belphegor666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

I'm about to jump to SCL10 in a few days, does anyone have a spreadsheet on enemies in required nodes. Need it so I can know when to jump back to 9 when necessary. Cosmic chaos for example would have been a nightmare in 10.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Cosmic Chaos is the worst in 10.
    Simulator, but they haven't run that in forever.
    The one with Bill and Thor... Lost In Time?
    The others are easy.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,158 Chairperson of the Boards

What's your roster look like for PvE? Are you running 5* champs or are you running 4* champs in the L300 range?

It makes a difference in whether you consider it 'easy' or not. Quite a few challenge nodes become virtually impossible with 4* champs (like the current Kraven/Sabretooth/Carnage) and some of the required nodes are also very difficult (the Royal Family node, any of the ones in the PvE's with Mindless ones).

KGB

• Belphegor666
    edited April 2023

I only have champed Monkey and Riri, 1 cover away from champing Kang who I think I'll be relying on the most. 37 champed 4* but only 2 above 300, most around 270-290.
    Monkey has helped me a lot against villains who are more common in pve, Deathlok to boost and he's one of the 300. Lately I'm using Kang and Deathlok cause it's faster, Riri usually as third or another technologist.
    Enemy Hp will be crazy in 10 but I'll be relying on Kang to survive and send all away.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,563 Chairperson of the Boards

@Belphegor666 said:
    I'm about to jump to SCL10 in a few days, does anyone have a spreadsheet on enemies in required nodes. Need it so I can know when to jump back to 9 when necessary. Cosmic chaos for example would have been a nightmare in 10.

You might get a better response if you make a new post for this. I'm sure somebody has a spreadsheet of it (I don't), but they might not be looking at this thread.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,352 Chairperson of the Boards

I’ve definitely seen such a spreadsheet at some point over the years, but I don’t use it or maintain it.

• Belphegor666
    edited April 2023

I saw this one a while back but it doesn't have the info I need.
    Actually it does.

• ThaRoadWarrior

After this PVE, my Wong is at 3/3/4 with 124 shards. Abomination is at 295. I'll be very interested to see how much further I can get in the next week or so on that. I hit 370 with Spider-Gwen and Flaptain this morning also.

• entrailbucket

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    After this PVE, my Wong is at 3/3/4 with 124 shards. Abomination is at 295. I'll be very interested to see how much further I can get in the next week or so on that. I hit 370 with Spider-Gwen and Flaptain this morning also.

370s seem to be stacking up pretty quick for you. I still think 4* are the key to the whole thing. I had 3 max Gwenpools, so Jeff was champed the day he was released. I know that seems sort of insane, but like...it's kind of not? These guys just snowball, and you're seeing it.

I finished off two more 5* since my last post here, BSS and Black Panther. Hoping for buffs to them soon! Next up is Beta Ray Bill at lvl536. That's going to be awhile, but with the recent feeders, I've been able to keep a 550-target bonused, rather than having to bonus the next guy out of Latest.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

For those of you with dupe 5s, are you still ISO long?

I have been in the ISO desert for a while now after previously getting up to ~7MM ISO banked. Got the regular 2* & 3* farm (2 cycling copies, 1 max + 1 other) and now got 66 max 4*s doing the same thing, so keeping the max and working on champing the dupe.

With all the dupes I am constantly short ISO. So can't imagine how duping 5*s can be handled with the current ISO economy.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

It's doable. At some point ISO just stops being an issue.
    The biggest hurdle are 4* dupes.
    I don't have dupe 5s but they're not a common occurrence - and if you're at the point where you're commonly champing dupe 5s you're so far beyond ISO that it really doesn't matter.

• entrailbucket

@Punter1 said:

I have been in the ISO desert for a while now after previously getting up to ~7MM ISO banked. Got the regular 2* & 3* farm (2 cycling copies, 1 max + 1 other) and now got 66 max 4*s doing the same thing, so keeping the max and working on champing the dupe.

With all the dupes I am constantly short ISO. So can't imagine how duping 5*s can be handled with the current ISO economy.

I don't think very many people around here are duping 5*, so I can answer I guess...I have a few unchamped dupes of the 550s I have (the rule is, a guy will sit on lvl549 forever, and then you'll immediately pull two covers back to back).

I'm still, uh, pretty iso-positive. As of today I have over 58 million iso, with no levels available to buy.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@Punter1 said:

I don't think very many people around here are duping 5*, so I can answer I guess...I have a few unchamped dupes of the 550s I have (the rule is, a guy will sit on lvl549 forever, and then you'll immediately pull two covers back to back).

I'm still, uh, pretty iso-positive. As of today I have over 58 million iso, with no levels available to buy.

GEEZ I only have 31M. I need to cut back on skipping people in pvp

• entrailbucket

@Phumade said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Punter1 said:

GEEZ I only have 31M. I need to cut back on skipping people in pvp

Not skipping anybody ever makes PvP WAY more fun, and saves iso! Win-win!

• ThaRoadWarrior

Kang is champed from progression shards. No movement on Wong.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Landed a 2* krakoa from a standard support token; that feels like even longer odds than progressing on Wong.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Didn't even realise Krakoa was in tokens. Guess I can go have a go from my stash.