Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Options

Comments

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

I have been just mostly letting dupes grow naturally. I just looked and I have 24 dupes that are not champed and I very recently have champed dupes of Carnage, Mr. Fantastic, Sandman, Riri, Cho Hulk and Sam Wilson (wow that’s why I’m losing Iso).

I’m sharding Gorr at the moment, he’s at 343, so it’ll be awhile before he has a champed dupe. Before that I did the same thing with Melinda May. Just because I think they will make great 5*s.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm only ascending 2x370, because I'm not really interested in actually using the 4s at low levels, and leveling the ascended ones takes a lifetime.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How fast are you getting a dupe to 370 these days?

• Bowgentle
    Options

That really depends on how much I'm pulling.
    It's glacial when you don't pull.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Managed to ascend Polaris. XFDP has joined the ranks of ascendable dupe havers now. Kraven is next closest at 9 covers so he is on deck. 3* Arcade is at 234. Does anybody know if you ascend a 3 to 4, and leave them as a favorite, if they count as your 4* favorite at that point? Or do they still only take up your 3* favorite slot?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nope, they still count as a 3* for favorite purposes.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Managed to ascend Polaris. XFDP has joined the ranks of ascendable dupe havers now. Kraven is next closest at 9 covers so he is on deck. 3* Arcade is at 234. Does anybody know if you ascend a 3 to 4, and leave them as a favorite, if they count as your 4* favorite at that point? Or do they still only take up your 3* favorite slot?

This is your dupe Arcade right? So you're going the Max-Max route on the 3* for ascension?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited 9 January 2024, 14:58
    Options

Yes, that's the duplicate, I figure below the 4* tier it's probably worth a max-max since 3* are still the easiest characters to earn on purpose via sharding. I'm also very curious how the lazy design 3/5 characters compare when you get them up to comparable levels. I really don't know how long it'll take to get a 3* to 5* the hard way though. I'm not going to max-max at the 4* tier.

I kind of wish I'd picked a better 3*, like Scarlet Witch, who I might find mechanically interesting at a higher play tier. There aren't too many purple batteries as 5*, and a lot of interesting powers up there cost purple.

• Bowgentle
    edited 9 January 2024, 14:59
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Yes, that's the duplicate, I figure below the 4* tier it's probably worth a max-max since 3* are still the easiest characters to earn on purpose via sharding. I'm also very curious how the lazy design 3/5 characters compare when you get them up to comparable levels. I really don't know how long it'll take to get a 3* to 5* the hard way though. I'm not going to max-max at the 4* tier.

Forever.
    My first ascended 3 - Iron Man - is 364, and that's with buying a few covers, like 50?
    The closest without additional cover purchases is Cap, at 327.
    I didn't fave them though, I'm ascending all 3s with max X max first.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I kind of wish I'd picked a better 3*, like Scarlet Witch, who I might find mechanically interesting at a higher play tier. There aren't too many purple batteries as 5*, and a lot of interesting powers up there cost purple.

I'm aiming for 3SWitch5 for just those reasons.

Bit of a slog but currently have two 3SW4's at 290 and 271, so only 240 covers to go before I can ascend again if I max/min.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Oh, you built a pair of 4s right off the bat, then maxing out one of them?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Forever.
    My first ascended 3 - Iron Man - is 364, and that's with buying a few covers, like 50?

That's still a ton of iron man covers since ascension went live; what did you start with on roster when that feature went live? I never kept any non-4* dupes so I'm particularly flatfooted at the lower tiers relative to my 4* ascendeds.

• Bowgentle
    edited 9 January 2024, 16:00
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@Bowgentle said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Forever.

That's still a ton of iron man covers since ascension went live; what did you start with on roster when that feature went live? I never kept any non-4* dupes so I'm particularly flatfooted at the lower tiers relative to my 4* ascendeds.

2x 266, then there was that one chain offer with 10/40/79 covers, where I bought the first two tiers.
    And he had 3 covers in one of the vaults I repeatedly bought - I think?

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Oh, you built a pair of 4s right off the bat, then maxing out one of them?

No, I was building one and then one was, um, purchaseable? In a vault? Can't remember. Anyway it arrived unnaturally, you might even say unfairly, quickly.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Wasp is ascended. Goose and Hunter are both fully covered but I don’t have any iso.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I went Full Swarm in simulator for a few rounds with ascended Wasp, ascended Ant-Man, and Wa5p. It worked way better than I expected it too, but it is too susceptible to Jane/polaris teams to really be more than a fun diversion.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My highest 3ascend4* characters are all ~315, so a ways to go before anyone gets ascended to 5* status.

I am sitting on ~300 LL right now (thanks to the ascension bug) Worthy Carter at 468, Goose at 462, and Hunter at 12 covers (with an open ticket for any Weapon Hex retros).

Progress milestone: I hit my first max champed 1ascend3*, and did it for both Iron Man and Spider-Man at the same time. I think I got lucky with them and pulled pre-ascended characters out of the Champions 2.0 vaults.

Now that I've hit that milestone I guess it is time for another experiment. Maybe I'll Max-Max one of them, and Max-Min the other and see how they progress towards the 5* realm.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited 18 January 2024, 16:29
    Options

my highest ascended 1to 3s are: Iron Man at 196, Storm at 193, and Spider-Man at 192. It appears I also have a level 92 1 to 2* spider-man, so i must also have gotten him from a vault or something pre-assembled. My highest 2-to-3 is hawkeye at 223, then Bullseye at 210, and Cap at 201. At 3 to 4 I only have deadpool and psylocke both at 277. Chavez is my best 4 to 5 at 465, then frost at 459 and rogue at 458 strictly due to them being early max-champs and having high dupes going in to the process. My own 5* Peggy is at 454, and my ascended peggy is at 455 coincidentally. Goose is covered with 5 saved and 625 shards, but unchamped, and Hunter is covered with 1 saved and 121 shards, neither champed for iso reasons. I have a ticket in for X-23 that hasn't gotten any response as of yet as well.

My outright highest level character is Profe$$or X at 480, followed by Shang-Chi at 477 and Kamala at 476 for whatever reason.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Ascended a few more 4s today; miles, Gwen, and vulture are up in the 5s. Still waiting on iso for a few more, and covers for some others with partial dupes. I’m currently working on Negasonic though, I have 13 covers to get her to 370, and another 14 for the 271 dupe to go. I want to run her with some of the charge tile 5s and see how it goes.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Ascended black widow as well.