Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Options

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Ascended black widow as well.

and? I've got her dupe at 312, but I have no interest in ascending her as I don't find her kit interesting at all. Minimal damage on black, some minor tile destruction, and burst heal/AP Cost reduction. Does her damage ramp up or other powers change meaningfully when ascended, or does she stick to her support niche?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 January 2024, 15:11
    Options

Haven’t used her and probably won’t, I’ve never liked her kit and she still seems useless. She just happened to be ascendable, so it’s just a roster progress point.

• rainkingucd
    Options

Increased stun length and increased AP destruction on black, increased countdown length and AP reduction on yellow so that's something improved I guess. Still not sure if that warrants play time for me

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I used to use her for her AP reduction but I can't remember for the life of me who I partnered her with.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Shuri was better right from the jump, I don’t think I’ve ever used her by choice.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I used to use Shuri with 4BP and Prowler - that's a fun team.

Still can't remember who 4BW used to roll with - it was probably something thematic rather than super useful.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I often had Flaptain in between them since his red is uncapped. Shuri, Panther, and Okoye work great, as do Shuri, Panther, and Heimdall. Now they probably work great with Eddie Brock Venom since panther takes advantage of all protects, not just friendlies, and panther is great with Polaris and BRB as you might expect.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I decided to champ Goose rather than continue to ascend 4s that were waiting on iso since I was starting to stack up saved covers and shards. went straight to 458. I haven't decided if I'll work on Hunter next who is also starting to stack covers, or go back to the ascendable 4s (kraven, xfdp, thor, moon knight) as my iso regenerates. I also have Multiple Man and Moon girl sitting around fully covered and unchamped...man, falling behind lol.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Even after buying several ISO lightning deals, the ISO deficit is real.

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

I have 8.3 million Iso. But I have 27 4* dupes in some state between 1 and 12 covers. If they all finish at the same time I’ll be in Iso deficit again.

That’s scary to think about.

• rainkingucd
    Options

@dramatist said:
    I have 8.3 million Iso. But I have 27 4* dupes in some state between 1 and 12 covers. If they all finish at the same time I’ll be in Iso deficit again.

That’s scary to think about.

huh, i have 19 4* dupes and 5.3 mission iso. The odds of them finishing at the same time are slim though so I think i'm still healthily in the post-iso environment.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

It doesn't take long to drain that money bin; you're looking at ~375k per 4*, then ~575k for a 5* give or take?

Just looking at who i'm able to champ right now, which is 5* Huntress, 4* Thor dupe, 4* Moon Knight dupe, 4* Kraven dupe, 4* deadpool dupe, Moon Girl, and Multiple Man, I need: 2,813,856 just to catch back up to neutral. That doesn't include the still NEW characters Angela and Weapon Hex who still need covers.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    It doesn't take long to drain that money bin; you're looking at ~375k per 4*, then ~575k for a 5* give or take?

Just looking at who i'm able to champ right now, which is 5* Huntress, 4* Thor dupe, 4* Moon Knight dupe, 4* Kraven dupe, 4* deadpool dupe, Moon Girl, and Multiple Man, I need: 2,813,856 just to catch back up to neutral. That doesn't include the still NEW characters Angela and Weapon Hex who still need covers.

Meanwhile, I'm over here with 10+ million iso I just can't get rid of.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

I really don't think being able to gift ISO would screw up the economy whatsoever, they just have to do it at a silly rate like 5:1 or even 10:1. Help enough people and we can all be ISO poor together!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 2 February 2024, 23:43
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@Bowgentle said:

I really don't think being able to gift ISO would screw up the economy whatsoever, they just have to do it at a silly rate like 5:1 or even 10:1. Help enough people and we can all be ISO poor together!

It wouldn't screw up the in game economy.

It would create an out of game economy. You could pay me $X out of game, then I'd join your alliance and gift you some amount of ISO. They don't want that, because it creates certain difficulties for developers.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Negasonic has gotten to 370, now moving into working on her dupe. Looks like as of 1/23/2024 I needed 13 covers, so that's a pretty fast earn rate it feels like; nearly one a day. We'll see if that persists into the month to get that dupe ready to go. I ascended Kraven as well.

• HuracanDolor
    HuracanDolor Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    edited 12 February 2024, 14:52
    Options

I’ve been doing this for years and I don’t miss a beat when it comes to champing 5*.
    Playing for placement is just entirely too stressful (for me)
    I only do full progression on some PVE events, play til 900 (sometimes) in PVP, & my leisure play is toying around with teams in the PVP Simulator.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

That's about what I do anymore, even that amount of grind still sometimes feels like work though. I ascended XFDP earlier, I imagine that is probably the last time I use him to punish damage but I haven't checked the numbers.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    That's about what I do anymore, even that amount of grind still sometimes feels like work though. I ascended XFDP earlier, I imagine that is probably the last time I use him to punish damage but I haven't checked the numbers.

His purple power is an excellent counter for m'Thor.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Finally hit the "spend a bazillion iso" milestone to close that one out. I ascended Sandman as well, and vulture/gamora/sandman #1 Stunlockers team (sandman stun +aoe on green, gamora multi-stun on blue, vulture generates both those colors airborne) works pretty well in simulator once you get Vulture up.