Upcoming Feature: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 10

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't shield hop anyway. My ultimate goal in PvP is to hit 1200 regularly without shield hopping, which seems to be achievable by champed 5* players.

My Shield Rank is already higher than 130, so it's a guarantee that I will be locked out of SCL 7. Maybe I will pop in to slice 5 again to see if things have changed.
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I don't shield hop anyway. My ultimate goal in PvP is to hit 1200 regularly without shield hopping, which seems to be achievable by champed 5* players.

My Shield Rank is already higher than 130, so it's a guarantee that I will be locked out of SCL 7. Maybe I will pop in to slice 5 again to see if things have changed.
    Not sure 1.2 without shielding is easy in slice 5.
    Much more possible in slice 1.
    There's always the reasonable 75 wins every event.
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Rhipf said:
    bluewolf said:
    The PVP competition will change a lot.  People who are Shield Rank 120+ will no longer be able to play in SCL7, so people like you will be able to compete much better there. 

The problem with this is that Shield Rank doesn't really have much correlation to the strength of your roster. If the cut-off is really going to be 120+ can only play CL8+ then Kletvar could very well be bumped up to only playing CL8+ and thus won't be able to compete any better than before (and quite possibly be less able to compete).

P.S. I have a lower roster than Kletvar (no champed 4*s) and I will now be bumped up to CL8 instead of playing CL7 if the cut-off is going to be SR120+ (I'm currently at SR 130).

If they send SR120+ players to CL8+ i'm safe for the next 16 levels. SR 104 right now
  • Kletvar
    edited February 2020
    jamesh said:
    Kletvar said:
    bluewolf said:
    Kletvar said:
    Crowl said:
    Is there any hope of updating the tiers to balance competition. I’m of the very strong opinion players with champed 5 star characters should not be allowed to join SCL 7.
    Some people value lower time demands over the higher rewards, why should they be forced to move to a higher scl to make things easier for lesser rosters?
    Because I, a player with 9 championed 4*s and few 5*s(almost all on level 255, and not covers on them(except prof x)) don't like to lose rewards because some lazy players with lvl 400+ Kitty and some other massive 5*s (Thor, Okoye) are wrecking PVE SCL7 in 10 minutes. And i'm sure i'm not the only one with this issue. 

And the same goes for PVP. And PVP is waaaaay worse. It's David vs Goliath, except Goliath wins all the time and takes the first 10-15 places, and we, the lesser players are left with the crumbs once again because of some lazy bullies. 

And if this is normal or fair to you, you got morality issues and 0 common sense.
    The PVP competition will change a lot.  People who are Shield Rank 120+ will no longer be able to play in SCL7, so people like you will be able to compete much better there.  Of course you will still be getting hit by bigger rosters, but at least they won't be on your leaderboard.

PVE is a harder nut to crack because it is nice for players to have the flexibility to choose their SCL and rewards that appeal to them.  This is especially true in light of the massive number of characters that you might need but not have rostered despite having, maybe, some champed 4's (or even 5s).  Hopefully SCL10 and the better rewards will draw bigger rosters upwards to 8, 9 and 10, leaving more spots in SCL7 for champed 4 rosters.

Also, it's worth considering that building a big roster is partly about giving yourself options.  This includes taking on easier scls sometimes for faster clears.  I know it's frustrating but it's hard to see them ever restricting people from selecting any SCL in PVE that they want.
    I think you misunderstood me.
    I didn't blame the developers, i blamed people like Crowl who justify bullies' actions. Having a championed 5* and going to do PVE or PVP on SCL 7 (or lower SCL in PVE) is like a high school senior going to fifth graders and fighting them. Is that normal or morally ok? No, i don't think so. 

And it's great they will restrict SCL7 in PVP after the update so players with high level accounts won't be able to play it, so they will have to fight a bit harder opponents and not a bunch of newbies like they are doing now.

What you are seeing is a direct result of how the game mode and its rewards are structured.  Since PVP doesn't segregate players by clearance level and the SCL 7+ progression rewards are so similar, players are going to choose their clearance level based on what gives the best progression rewards.

Lets say that I can make a top 25 finish in SCL 7, but can only manage top 100 in SCL 9.  That means I've got a choice of winning 2* covers in SCL 9 or 3* covers in SCL 7, which makes the choice obvious.

This change looks like it might finally break that cycle.  The progression and placement rewards look significantly improved in the higher clearance levels that I can live with lower placement.  Even a top 400/500 finish in SCL 10 will give me 5% of a 5* cover, which requires a top 1 finish in SCL 7.

Of course, the introduction of the new clearance level also means that SCL 7 will be locked off to most long time players.  I guess we'll have to see how SCL 8 compares to SCL 10 when the new season starts.

i feel like the conversation took a massive turn from the point where i replied to Crowl, so i don't feel like discussing it further.
    Anyway, here's the roster of the player that's #1 in my slice in SCL7 in PVP [redacted] and here's a proof that he's in my slice and not a random player i found [redacted]

Mod note: Removed links of screenshots with player's name displayed. Rule 7 violation. - fight4thedream
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only hit 1200 maybe 3x ever, and it was generally on the off season. I would say that you need to heavily qualify what you mean by "achievable" and perhaps re-set your expectations about what it means to be a 5* player in PVP. It also Matters which champion 5*s you have. Having the wrong ones make it really bad to even hit 900, let alone 1200. My float point as a 4* player was comfortably 650 most events, so a final push to 900 unshielded was easy. Single 5* MMR dropped it down to 300
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 5* that you have definitely matters. I can't imagine someone hitting 1200 with Wasp or Kingpin without shield hopping. 

I think it should be doable with Gritty.  :|
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    You need a team that is highly skippable, or legit good as an AI defense team, and so I'll point you to any of the Bishop/WCap threads for suggestions there lol
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    MrEd95 said:
    wymtime said:
    MrEd95 said:
    wymtime said:
    @IceIX

I am reading more and want to understand the philosophy behind some of the changes.  In CL9 today from a 3-4 day event in progression you can earn 40CP.  Now In CL 10 you can earn 34 CP and 250 shards.  

With CL10 being more difficult than CL9 why the reduction in CP?  Why not just add 5* shards to the rewards for CL10?  For comparison PVP is getting more CP and 5* shards added and it has become easier to get the CP.

also with in increase in CL in PVE will the 5* essential node give out 4 CP instead of 3 like in CL9.

With a loss of 6 cp (just over 20% of a latest pull, of which you are getting a 15% of any of 9 possible covers) you 1/2 of a cover for any 5* character you want. I’m no mathematician, but that seems like a big improvement. I really don't see why there is any reason to complain there.

Sure, it would be nice to get both, but its still a big increase in rewards, and it is more directed to what you want. Its 1 5* cover every week for progression, and none of it down to chance.

That being said, i still play CL8, and theres no chance of me getting to CL10 any time soon, so i don't even know why I’m bothering with my opinion on the matter
    1st you should never feel that your opinion does does not matter because you play a lower CL.  Your opinion is valid and from where you are in the game.

2nd I am looking for an explanation more than a complaint.  I will say with the inclusion of shards the ability to earn CP and HP had been reduced by the inclusion of shards.  It has become add shards and lose CP and HP.

my question is why should be lose rewards with the addition of shards.  CP is a major way to help cover latest 5* so when the devs remove CP from champ rewards and from progression rewards it makes it more difficult to cover latest 5*.  It might feel small 6CP per event but with the CP loss from champ rewards it will take longer to get enough CP and LT to champ a new 5*.  This is actually slowing down progression and making it more difficult for players.  I like shards and the ability to earn more shards but don’t want to lose my ability to champ the next 5* becuase I can’t earn enough CP and LT which is why I feel my question is fair Nd asking for an explanation rather than a complaint.
    Thank you for reminding me that my opinion does matter here, my concern was more about whether it was valid considering my level I’m the game. I’m only now getting close to being able to begin playing CL9, so 10 currently feels a long way off.

I appreciate your point about considering the loss of cp in champ rewards, but wouldn’t these shards make up for it, seeing as they all eventually contribute to the same resource of 4 & 5* covers.

Unless as someone else suggested, the shards are not unassigned ones, in which case, it will lose any versatility and not be as good as I had hoped.

i just want to see old/new comparisons for CL 8 & 9 though, as those are what actually matter to me for now
    So to look at the idea that shards make up for the CP lost think about it this way.  If your goal is to be able to get enough pulls in the latest legendary store to cover 3 5* to 450 when they come into Latest Legendary packs shards help some but not as much as pulls.  You want to get around 350 pulls to cover 3 5*.  That will be using tokens and CP.  well with the champion rewards being reduced and now the CP is reduced in progression rewards it is harder to get to the 350 pulls.  Now you can favorite the latest 5* but the reality is you only want to favorite 1 since in CL 10 it is about 1 cover every 4 events. 

I don’t see the reason why we should get less CP than before when 5* shards could just be an addition to progression instead of removing rewards considering we have 40 5* in the game and 5* dilution will start to become a problem.  The answer on my opinion should not be shards instead of CP it should be shards on top of the CP we have already been getting.  This will allow players like yourself to get more 5* covered and get future 5* while players in my situation will still be able to get the latest 5* rather than picking and choosing which latest 5* I can reasonably cover.

the reality is also this with the new level increase in CL10 if you don’t have the essential 5* champed or at least high level it will be really hard to play let alone complete. This is why keeping the CP at 40 or increasing CP with shards should happen in my mind.
         Technically they didn't cut the cp in cl10, that's how it's rolling out.  You can bet the cp in 9 will be down about 25% or a total of 30cp per event instead of 40.  You can also bet you wont get half a cover by playing 9 to progression, but maybe 1/20 to 1/4 of a cover at most.  
         Consider also that just looking at the ranges of the event in the preview put it 25% higher overall in scaling.  At the top end that's 100+ levels or *twice* as much health for the AI.  So there's a huge batch of players that won't even be able to play cl10.  
        Oh, and its hidden in another thread but we've got a 5,4,5 on release so we may be back to *that* pace now that shards and cl10 are out.  
         TLDR:  Increase pulls needed for BH, cut HP and CP from champs, cut HP and CP from events, lock shards for 5s in a CL most cannot play, speed up the release schedule.   Good luck keeping up!
    Back to 5,4,5 that really sucks.  This is going to make it really tough to keep up.  Well if I can’t it will just make me play less or snipe a PVE bracket instead of playing from open to close.
  • Kletvar
    OJSP said:
    Kletvar said:
    Anyway, here's the roster of the player that's #1 in my slice in SCL7 in PVP
    You need to edit out the names from screenshots..
    Good idea. Thanks. I updated the screenshots. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is PvP CL7 easier to get top 5 or 10 placement compared to CL 9? The last time I played CL 7, the scores were as inflated as CL9 and only the "inner circles" can hit that kind of scores consistently. 

The only true downside is getting cut off from SCL 6 because that is the place where I could get top 1 in PvP placement as a 3* player in the past. Anything past SCL 6 is either top 50 or 100.

I play in 5.7 and top 10 ranges from roughly 950 for t10 to 1100+ for first place. With no champed 5s I can usually get t10 or just outside. Don't know how that will change if I'm pushed up into cl8. If I can't get similar placement I may just forego caring about placement rewards and go to cl10 for the progression rewards.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Right now in SCL9 in S1, i'm usually ~25-30 if I save out right after hitting 9xx if that helps anyone with context. T1 is usually well over 2k points
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now in SCL9 in S1, i'm usually ~25-30 if I save out right after hitting 9xx if that helps anyone with context. T1 is usually well over 2k points
    This is way off the original topic, ha ha.

Hitting 1200 in one shot is not easy anymore, IMO.  Maybe still in S1, it depends.  Defensive teams make scores lower across the board and just running Gritty is not a skip anymore, especially a baby one.  When I venture into S4 or 1 I usually have to hop once or twice to hit 1200.

If you aren't willing to shield hop you should play up as far as possible, I think, and get maximum progression rewards.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Geez guys, I came back and saw all the posts and got excited thinking there was lots of new info and all it was is giving Hound PvP tips!
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    PVP rewards are now in game for new season.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2020
    supergarv said:
    PVP rewards are now in game for new season.

Yep the top spot in CL8 is now quite a bit different than top spots in 9 and 10.
     This is going to create more of a shift to CL10 than I thought.
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I missed that there would be 5* shards in scl10 placement.
    Glad to see this is not a mistake in the rewards for the event.
    Hopefully these rotate through all the 5*s
  • BlatantFix
    BlatantFix Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    The personal rewards for PvP are honestly quite good (although I do think moving all the HP to 725 is horrible for new players).

Sad to see they've snuck in a fairly big HP nerf to the alliance rewards though, utterly unnecessary and probably hoping it will go unnoticed by most given how recent changes have happened.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    So the PVP rewards show the 5* shards will be character specific.  This means for PVP with 40 5* getting shards for a new character once every 40 events is just ok.

for PVE it might be better in CL10 if it is the essential 5* helping players cover latest 5* but will put a very small dent in classic 5*.

I will still say I don’t think the loss of CP in PVE is worth the shards added since you can’t pick the shards per character.  I would really like to see the CP lost added back to progression.  CL9 should still get 40 and CL10 45.  Also the 5* node should give 4 CP in CL10 and CL9 should still give 3.  I am guessing if a 5* is in latest for 18 weeks players will get 1 cover with shards from progression rewards.

edited  You will get the 2nd cover from placement reward shards. Over 18 weeks.

the issue will be classic covers which will take a long time to get one cover from shards from PVE and PVP.  
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think one aspect of CL10 (and apologies if this has been discussed upthread, but I didn't see it) is the importance of trying to champ all 5*s.  Basically, a champed 5* will now REALLY make a difference in CL10 PVE unlike today where it can help but isn't a necessity.  I feel with 625+ level opponents, you can't just take in two champed 5*s and a 1 cover 5* like you can today.  Could be wrong but that is my thinking.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I’m reconsidering chasing Gladiator Thor from 2/0/2 and shifting over to finishing my 2/5/3 hawkeye for this. Grinding the stun Bros to progression is all I’m really looking to do. Maybe Bishop/Okoye will work fine?