Upcoming Feature: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 10

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interested, frightened,  and surprised are my feelings.

i am surprised we actually got CL10 at all as I figured it would not happen at all.

interested in the shards and CP rewards. I like the fact that the CP is now at 1K instead of 1200 in PVP.  I am concerned that it might cause more people to stop climbing at 1k.  It might also encourage more players to play to 1k so add confused to the list.  I would still like to see higher CP in PVP CL10 but still better then nothing.

PVE 5* shards more CP much higher levels. If you have the essential 5* champed you should still be good to go.  If you are running a 5* essential with one cover I don’t think the 5* essential node will work for that player.

for PVE I don’t know if I am in a good situation or bad.  I have almost every 5* champed but none near 500 so I am hoping this won’t be too brutal on me.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do I still have to play from 9-11pm every night? Oh well, pointless update. 
    No, more like from 8-midnight if SCL10 takes as long as I fear.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    @IceIX

I am reading more and want to understand the philosophy behind some of the changes.  In CL9 today from a 3-4 day event in progression you can earn 40CP.  Now In CL 10 you can earn 34 CP and 250 shards.  

With CL10 being more difficult than CL9 why the reduction in CP?  Why not just add 5* shards to the rewards for CL10?  For comparison PVP is getting more CP and 5* shards added and it has become easier to get the CP.

also with in increase in CL in PVE will the 5* essential node give out 4 CP instead of 3 like in CL9.

• PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I'm hardly one to defend the devs taking away resources (my direct feedback comments are always to stop doing this), but in the case of the 6cp lost in SCL10, they just switched it over to SCL10 PvP.
    Over two weeks it evens out if you play both at SCL10.
    Now if SCL 9 pve is nerfed but pvp is not, you lose out there.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime said:
    @IceIX

I am reading more and want to understand the philosophy behind some of the changes.  In CL9 today from a 3-4 day event in progression you can earn 40CP.  Now In CL 10 you can earn 34 CP and 250 shards.  

With CL10 being more difficult than CL9 why the reduction in CP?  Why not just add 5* shards to the rewards for CL10?  For comparison PVP is getting more CP and 5* shards added and it has become easier to get the CP.

also with in increase in CL in PVE will the 5* essential node give out 4 CP instead of 3 like in CL9.

With a loss of 6 cp (just over 20% of a latest pull, of which you are getting a 15% of any of 9 possible covers) you 1/2 of a cover for any 5* character you want. I’m no mathematician, but that seems like a big improvement. I really don't see why there is any reason to complain there.

Sure, it would be nice to get both, but its still a big increase in rewards, and it is more directed to what you want. Its 1 5* cover every week for progression, and none of it down to chance.

That being said, i still play CL8, and theres no chance of me getting to CL10 any time soon, so i don't even know why I’m bothering with my opinion on the matter
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 807 Critical Contributor
    I’m in between 3 and 4 star land so scl10 won’t effect me but I can’t really understand the logic here, it seems they are catering more for the 5 star players and the whales and purposely making it harder for newer players to make any sort of progression. I’ll see what this looks like but it may be time for me to step away
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    Not sure why y’all are so convinced those are loose Favorite shards. They are almost certainly not.
    Agreed.
    The only thing I hope for is that they are not for the featured 5*.
    Honestly I would prefer if they rotate through the classics and leave the latest out of it. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hardly one to defend the devs taking away resources (my direct feedback comments are always to stop doing this), but in the case of the 6cp lost in SCL10, they just switched it over to SCL10 PvP.
    Over two weeks it evens out if you play both at SCL10.
    Now if SCL 9 pve is nerfed but pvp is not, you lose out there.
    Well that is very helpful for those who don't play PvP or play it in a limited fashion.
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    Warbringa said:
    Well that is very helpful for those who don't play PvP or play it in a limited fashion.
    Then console yourself with Aweberman's breakdown above.
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    DarthDeVo said:
    I'm not sure, but this *might* be one of the signs of the apocalypse. 😋

Just kidding! Looking forward to getting some of them 5* shards. This might be the year I manage to get all my unchamped 5*s finished, or at least really close. 

EDIT: Enemies up to 650? 😳 That's uh... that's gonna be a bitter pill to swallow sometimes, methinks.
    You're not wrong!  Apocalypse is coming tomorrow!
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    ^where is that quote from?
    Burning man.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I look outside to see if world is ending
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Phumade said:
    I am very curious about how the first run through the various events go.  3 rounds of 630 royal family is gonna be an issue.  400k health pools will be challenging
    Yeah... not looking forward to 45 minute to an hour long clears. 😕

Agreed here as well. CL10 is long overdue for PVP based on number of people that compete for rewards....but CL9 pve should have always been cl10 based on difficulty/time required