Upcoming Feature: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 10

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was also a smart move to run down people's HP stockpiles via the two Okoye bundles just prior to making HP a lot more scarce...
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    I think it's just a shift in currencies. Less HP for multishield hopping, less splurging on 40-packs for non-spenders. Progressing 4-5*s becomes faster and easier, more controlled.

For me particularly, HP is for slots and the rare good value vaults/deals.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there an alliance rewards update as well?
    @IceIX
    can you please update ally rewards for CL10.  
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    I will carry on with CL8 in pve. Great this is happening but without a reduced clear or two I just cannot dedicate that extra time to clears doing the same thing over and over 6 times per day.

PVP I usually play to 900 so that might get harder if more people are stopping at 1000.
  • The rockett
    Also, I understand that this would be a lot of information here, but any reward change we really need to see the full scope of change on the To and From for ally levels. There has to be a better way to do this.  Even if it was a link that would take use to a locked spread sheet so all of pictures do not need to be added on the forums.  We do need to see this from every angle to understand what we need to
    do as players and alliances.  We really need more information. @IceIX
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any news on CL11?

but yeah I’d like to see more a breakdown of CL8 and more information too please.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the thread IceIX!

Like Tony above I'm pretty certain I will remain in SCL8 for pve but then I am a 4* player so SCL10 is not for me although it will be "fun" to try out SCL10 at least once (hint: My roster gonna die!)

The change in PVP rewards is interesting. I assume this is an attempt to promote more Versus action. I am pleased as this is my current goal with my alliance and some of those numbers on progression might entice them to push a little further.

Looking forward to all the other information as and when.
  • The rockett
    OJSP said:
    I understand the need for more information, so we could plan beforehand. But, can't it wait until we actually play the event? Even if CL10 suddenly gives double LTs for t10 alliances, would it matter for just one event? Won't it mean placing in CL9 easier if all the big players play CL10? Maybe.

From the screenshot, that's for Infinite Pursuit's final sub's 5E and the points are worth the same as CL9's. So, I'm thinking the maximum total points are the same per event for CL9 and 10. If we're that concerned if the sub rewards are much better in CL10, perhaps just play it and see how well we could place. Even if we normally could place well in CL9, I'm guessing with the increased levels and health, it wouldn't necessarily be guaranteed in CL10.

It's for Meet Rocket and Groot and not for a new character (I think). I'm grateful if we could get more info, but chances are I'll play CL10 anyway because I always pick the highest CLs when I have the essential characters
    I understand this but for top 10 PVE ally’s there is a lot of planning that goes into this, so more information is needed.  We did not see what the ally rewards will be or if they have been updated. 

Also they are showing SL7 PVE rewards that will be locked out to many commenting , so that information and comparison is, sorry to say, useless.  We need to see above the lock out side by sides to see what is happening with the SL we can play.  
  • DAZ0273
    Howcome you can't play SCL7 PVE any more? Did they change the requirements to match PvP. I missed that if so, back off to re-read.
  • DAZ0273
    Oh I see where the confusion might occur but I think Ice got his game modes mixed up and it is PvP that is getting "shifted up" from 7-9 to 8-10, I don't think PvE will be touched. Playing the highest SCL for PvP that you qualify for remains a no brainer.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Seems like a good thing. It seems that most people are doing cl9 without any problem. Ppl are constantly reporting a 20 min time to finish. So the game needed a new top level. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    What will be the minimum shield rank to enter SCL10? @IceIX
  • DAZ0273
    DeNappa said:
    What will be the minimum shield rank to enter SCL10? @IceIX

It is level 120+ judging from Ice's later screenshot.
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Vhailorx said:
    Also, this is a big HP reduction.  Top 50 in pve subs will go from 100hp a day to zero.  That's huge!

I think a surprising number of casual and semi casual vets will suddenly find themselves thinking about roster slots on a very different way.

And all those seemingly decent-value HP for shards offers are MUCH less tempting when it's a lot harder to keep up with the roster slot grind (1-2k HP per two weeks).
    It’s an interesting point to make—they did just also reduce HP from the champ rewards to cover shards. It seems more than coincidental that as the players are rewarded more covers, the currency that we give up just happens to be the currency that most folks spend real money on, HP.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:.  
    This change is looking like a pretty substantial tightening of the screws on HP specifically[.]...
    Precisely. The only resource in the game that equates to RW$. 

Anybody surprised at this development being part of an exciting new feature rollout, or by recent offers incentivizing HP expenditure, has not been keeping an eye on the long game being played against us. 
  • DAZ0273
    It's true - HP is being squeezed and this has been the case since Professor X release. Whilst I can cover most things in game it makes 3* farming difficult.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    Any news on CL11?

but yeah I’d like to see more a breakdown of CL8 and more information too please.
    There is no 11. Shield Clearance Levels are an actual "thing" for Marvel, which is why the list has gone to 10 even though I think we only launched with the first 6. The only things left are Alpha and Omega level clearance, and you could theoretically argue that's what the Devs have for their behind-the-scenes access to work on the game.