Upcoming Feature: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 10

Comments

• Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    These look great.  Nice update!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will the 5E in SCL10 offer more points per clear than SCL9?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    @IceIX
    When rewards list 4-star shards and covers, is it always the same, one, character? Per tier of course. 
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    In pic of the Challenge Node from the OP the "player" has very high level characters, is that because for that node those 5* are boosted and if so just those for that event or are all your 5* boosted for that node?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    In pic of the Challenge Node from the OP the "player" has very high level characters, is that because for that node those 5* are boosted and if so just those for that event or are all your 5* boosted for that node?
    Or you know, maybe SCL10 is mostly for the players who have 550s.  ;-)
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Wow, I am pumped.  This is going to be very interesting.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    this is exciting, but hurts my brain a little.

Is there a way we can get a comparison against the SCL9 rewards side by side?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Is there any hope of updating the tiers to balance competition. I’m of the very strong opinion players with champed 5 star characters should not be allowed to join SCL 7.
    With SCL 10's release, the same 3 tier entry will exist. So players that can play 7-9 right now and are strong enough for 10 will be shifted to playing in 8-10.
    That doesn't exist for pve, only pvp. A 5* player can currently play all the way down on SCL1 if they wanted to. I would prefer a move to having a maximum limit on characters from SCL1 to SCL7 so someone with level 500+ characters would see those characters restricted to a maximum level of 300 on SCL7. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020

So, this looks like it back loads the HP for versus progression: whereas previously you could get 50 HP at 400 points, it's now back loaded to 725 points.  I know I relied on this as a source of HP when I was building my roster, but perhaps it isn't so bad if you can hit that reward via wins now?

If the SCL10 story sub-event placement rewards are representative of changes to the lower clearance levels, it looks like players placing top 50 will no longer receive HP for placement, and those placing top 20 will see less HP.

The story mode progression reward table also has a tier above the big CP reward.  Does this mean everything else has been shuffled down a bit, or is it an attempt to increase the grind?

It also looks like this finally offers a decent progression reward incentive to play higher clearance levels in versus:

The extra 130 4* shards easily attainable at 575 points offsets a potential loss of 3* covers in placement for people who aren't placing in the top 5.

• A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX can you confirm that only top 20 per sub in pve get HP now as opposed to top 50 in the old system?
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    So with it taking one year to rotate through the legacy 5*s now, does this just mean you can earn one cover of a legacy 5* every two years via pve progression? Or are the shard rewards going to rotate faster than the required characters? 
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Is there any hope of updating the tiers to balance competition. I’m of the very strong opinion players with champed 5 star characters should not be allowed to join SCL 7.
    While I understand why, there are times when these players don't have the time to dedicate to an SCL8 grind.  It can mean up to an extra half hour between the closing and opening grinds.  May not seem like much but many commanders are busy doing those duties on top of real life commitments.
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    IceIX said:
    With SCL 10's release, the same 3 tier entry will exist. So players that can play 7-9 right now and are strong enough for 10 will be shifted to playing in 8-10.
    I'm thinking @Cheetah1982 meant PvE @IceIX
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    With the added difficulty, will we be getting a couple 5*s added to the weekly buff list? That 5* node looks like it's going to be a beast.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    This is great news, but oooff those 5E levels....

The lower amounts of HP will suck, but the 4* and 5* shards will be nice to see.