WEBGAS said:
    Please, no more nerfs ...
    Instead, Buffs are always welcome 
    Yeah!!! Totally agreed!
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Some characters could use super soldier serum
    Lots of interesting ideas here. I voted buffs because there are quite a lot of 5* characters who are just gathering dust. I have a dozen 5* champs and consistently use three or four of them. The older ones in particular like surfer, OML, phoenix, civil war cap and iron man have been left behind long ago. 

I would love to see more levelling of the playing field for health and match damage amongst the 5*s. A simple change that would make quite a big difference. On top of that some sort of dynamic buffing/ nerfing of numbers seems to be the way to go. If a character isn’t being used then increase the damage of their powers by 10% and see what happens. Still not being used then increase by another 10%. At some
    point usage will pick up and that person has a new level (maybe temporarily but they’ll still see some use). That loves someone else to the bottom of the pile and you can start boosting their damage. 

That kind of approach is unlikely to overhaul the meta but it’s also low cost from a dev perspective. It doesn’t upset the people at the top because the meta is preserved (relatively speaking). It cycles the characters through usage and makes it likely that I might play archangel or gambit or... when they’re not boosted so they’re less deadweight and become next week’s potential heavy-hitter. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Some characters could use a dusting of nerf powder
    Listen, we all know that older 5* (and maybe a few new ones like Carnage) could use a boost to be relevant, but the biggest issue is the 4* broken chars: Captain Hammertime and Bishop (and possibly Grocket)

For the first 2, the solution is pretty simple: Change their 'Jump in front' mechanic to be like Most of the other ones: they only do it when they have more HP than the original target.  That fixes just about everything broken with them.

For Grocket: Probably best to reduce the number of sword tiles and increase their power to the same total.  The power is supposed to represent that he is giving weapons to his teammates (and himself).  So he should be getting 3 sword tiles at most.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Standardizing the way character powers work and are worded would go a long way towards soft-buffing a lot of lower tier characters. Here is a thread detailing all the edge cases I could find for Wakanda Forever! for instance. There are odd edge cases up and down the * tiers in here:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79221/wakanda-forever-how-does-it-even-work/p1

Some sweeping buffs you could do via a new power is to finally introduce a character who can mess with repeater tile burndown lengths - give an old character like Flaptain or Goblin the ability to do this and you fix a lot of characters that were DOA for being too slow (frost, danver5, loki, fi5k, robbie reyes, post-nerf gambit, etc). It's possible though that it would just increase the Kitty stranglehold by incrementing Circuit Breaker faster than normal.
    Circuit breaker is a countdown not a repeater.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    More buffs are needed than nerfs. I think if at least match damage was increased for some of the older 5s, more people might be using them. Just keeping characters in balance on damage goes a long way to keeping the variety of teams you see in Simulator and elsewhere.
  • Bobdvol
    Bobdvol Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hoping Scale 10 is currently what they are currently working on.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    While I would like to see old 5-stars given the super serum, I feel like the mechanics associated with hammercap and bishop need reworks.
    There are several ways that Bishop could retain all his powers but in a manner that isn't so overpowered.
    Instead of jumping in front, Bishop could have a 3-turn repeater that stuns the opponent in front for one turn that appears when there isn't one present and it gets removed when he is attacked.
    He could gain 3AP from an enemy attack of x power and an additional 2AP could be converted from random friendly AP into blue AP. This could prevent him from stunning on turn 1.
    Anyway, you get the idea, but he has too many powers tied to one event, they need to be split into different events or turns.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,707 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Balance is fine right now
    Don't nerf ANYONE. Not a single one.
    Buff up the plethora of weak/useless chars, instead. Some simply need match-damage or AP balance, others need a complete overhaul. Build the overhauled chars to serve as counters to the metas. There would be so many chars to choose from, you'll strike counter-gold somewhere (hopefully MANY somewheres).
    The forums have so many good ideas on how. Find those posts, or ask for help - no shame in that.

Agree but then how do you then allow players to get these characters going forwards who don’t already have them all champed? In a game that’s already reduced resources and will have a latest 5* as well, how do you cater for that.

Myself id like them to stop releasing, rework and make them a latest release again, but I know they are not suddenly listening, this has been on page of this forum for years. This is about increasing pressure and selling shards while reducing resources. 

All of a sudden “hey guys what do you feel about reworks”

This has been discussed to death on here, on discord to the point I can’t read the place anymore because it’s like a broken record and now it’s being offered up as an idea.

The question really is how do you do 5* in particular and feed them back into the game without having people having a mass of characters spread thin. Shards are too slow unless you spend a heap of cash.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This file has concise and accurate information about most characters. Excellent material to evaluate who needs a buff and who deserves a nerf.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vr-_nB2A4Zfb-pNd1fnqYvthimEQrOFzjdL50zF6zs0/edit?usp=sharing
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Almost every older 5 who isn't Thor Okoye JJ or Kitty needs to have their numbers turned up at an absolute minimum.

Apart from Bishop and Worth Cap who are are not only imbalanced but terribly unfun to play with or against; the majority of 4* releases never see use apart from when they are the essential character.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,615 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Almost every older 5 who isn't Thor Okoye JJ or Kitty needs to have their numbers turned up at an absolute minimum.

Apart from Bishop and Worth Cap who are are not only imbalanced but terribly unfun to play with or against; the majority of 4* releases never see use apart from when they are the essential character.
    I see Juggernaut quite a bit. And Chavez. And Gamora. And that Rabbit and Tree combo. Peggy. Vulture. Cap. Marvel. But yeah, true, nobody uses 4*.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd prefer buffs to the lesser used characters. I don't want nerfs that will slow down the game.
  • celtickliq
    celtickliq Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

Banner needs a 100% overhaul. 

Rocke - Banner is one of the most perfect Old School 5's that remain in this unbalanced game.  He is perfect the way he is as a Gritty counter.

So unless they nerf the Gritty, #LeaveBannerAlone 

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I hope that if they are going the buff route that they do more than just 'buff 5*s'. That's what a majority of posts here have been about since 80% of this Forum appears to be late game players (pure 5*, 5* transition, late 4*).

There are lots of reworks needed in the 4* tier on the bottom 10-15 characters to make them at least somewhat usable instead of being pure trash.

There is probably at least 5 and more like 10 3* that also need a similar rework to make them semi-usable in the 3* stage and more fun to use when required in PvP.

I'd be fine if they fixed match damage/health on the 5*s first to help the 5* tier then went back and started re-works on the 3* tier first, then 4* tier and finally 5* tier. Doing it in that order helps the most players and gives them time to work out the kinks on the reworks so that they don't mess things up by the time they get to 5* character reworks.

KGB
  • Nibby
    Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't want characters being nerfed. People spent time and money to acquire those characters and I don't think, it's fair to make them less valuable afterwards.
    What I want instead is an option to tackle those superior characters.
    For example, how about a silver surfer whose immunity against stun affects the entire team. Or how about a character, that turns the team invisible, if the enemy overclocks. That way people had options to fight those teams without punishing those who like to use Bishop, Cap Worthy and so on. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Circuit breaker is a countdown not a repeater.

Check again
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    I'd be fine if they fixed match damage/health on the 5*s first to help the 5* tier then went back and started re-works on the 3* tier first, then 4* tier and finally 5* tier. Doing it in that order helps the most players and gives them time to work out the kinks on the reworks so that they don't mess things up by the time they get to 5* character reworks.

KGB
    They could do a 5/3 and or 4/3 side by side and bring back System Reboot. Taking another look at the 3* game would be probably a big help actually. 3* PVP still happens A LOT, so we get stuck with those characters regularly.
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    KGB said:
    I hope that if they are going the buff route that they do more than just 'buff 5*s'. That's what a majority of posts here have been about

KGB
    Agreed, fix the old 5s first, and D3 needs to learn how to make frequent small tweaks (match damage/health, AP cost, on the worst 5s).  It would definitely be GOOD to also do the same to the worst 4s and 3s, but 5s represent the most investment / sunk cost.   D3 has shown they have the stats on who is played the most, they should have the least.  If they honestly just did a rolling increase of match dmg and health by like, 1% on the least used 10% each month that'd be a great leap forward.