On Retroactive Rewards

Comments

• Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Daredevil217 said:
    Back on topic, I don’t know what else needs to be said or how much more “data” needs to be collected before we get an official response. We are all sharing our various stories of how we got hurt by this but the running themes are the same. 

I think we all know the "data" is whether or not their daily/weekly sales are taking a hit.

That data should be available later today - something that traditionally drives high level spending goes live in less than three hours. Anything else could be explained as "expected variance" or "anomalous" by a data spin doctor.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    LLohm said:
    Dear @IceIX,

can you help facilitate a swift resolution with Demiurge so they know what they can expect from Amazon Digital Day?

A swift answer with firm resolution will go a long way with us all and we would love to splurge during this holiday period!

edited for typo and context
    I thought mpq wasn't a part of the Amazon digital day sale anymore. Did they get reinstated?
  • shadow2999
    shadow2999 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    And yet another day comes without any sign of developer input and insight into what they are actually discussing and what options might be on the table, or at the very least a reasonable and honest explaination as to how we got here.  And every day this goes on with lack of that dialogue the more it will cement people's choice to not invest any further real cash.  They are wasting every opportunity here, and that in mind is borderline criminal negligence.  If I ran a company, even if I had NO intention of admitting to a mistake, I'd at least try to explain the decision and see if I could win back at least a little trust.  Apparently, that doesnt seem to be a priority.
  • shadow2999
    shadow2999 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Thanks man.  Its good to remind the new people to the game to what the rules as outlined by the Dev team themselves said they would go with.  It is clear they screwed up.  It is clear what they need to do to fix the situation, eat a little crow, and then we can all move on.  Its just a matter of whether or not they have the courage and good sense to do what is right for the community and the game (and their bottom line) or not.  Honestly, I don't know why this is even a debate on their end.  They could end this right now, if they so choose.  Dragging this out, serves no benefit to anyone.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Image may contain text

We were explicitly told that as long as we had the 4 star on our roster we would get all of the updated 5 star rewards when those changes happen.  Whether you think that is "fair" or not, this is what we were told in no uncertain terms would be the norm going forward with next to no warning that this might change.
    Except champ reward were not updated with 5star COVERS they were updated with 5star shards. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    fmftint said:
    Image may contain text

We were explicitly told that as long as we had the 4 star on our roster we would get all of the updated 5 star rewards when those changes happen.  Whether you think that is "fair" or not, this is what we were told in no uncertain terms would be the norm going forward with next to no warning that this might change.
    Except champ reward were not updated with 5star COVERS they were updated with 5star shards. 

I hope that's not what they were going for, but...
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Image may contain text

This is my new Photo Avatar. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    @IceIX do have any update? Are the devs/d3 actually getting/reading this feedback?

Is there any talk of people getting the full shards they should have received or any secondary character shards?
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Guys, I’d imagine the screenshot above of how they’d told the player-base protocols going forward would be, is enough proof to warrant refunds of purchases made in preparation for the update.  They said it, and then they strayed majorly from THEIR established protocols.  I’d say any and all refunds are deserved.
  • gascangascan
    gascangascan Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Loosie said:
    @IceIX do have any update? Are the devs/d3 actually getting/reading this feedback?

Is there any talk of people getting the full shards they should have received or any secondary character shards?

My guess: they are waiting on financial/usage data to see if corrective action, if any, is necessary. That's why we haven't heard anything.

Bottom line: The company currently sells shards for cash - giving away shards is like giving away money - they won't do it unless it is necessary.