On Retroactive Rewards

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I've already posted about some of my concerns previously - but i've come to realise more over the past few days as i've continued to play.

The shards i've lost at 2star level, means I'll forever have wasted shards on certain characters. I really don't want Spare shards for characters that i typcially don't use due to my level. The problem is this will ALWAYS be the way, so i will continuely be reminded of the loss. forever. every time i play.

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    They released 9 new feeders at once, giving a path to guaranteed colourless covers for those for anyone wanting to specifically target them or get the elusive missing colour. Kudos, this is one thing that people have wanted for a long time.

They have given the retro reward of the initial fed cover if 280+.  Good.

They top-up the shards if you are inside the grouping of shards leading to 500 shards at the levels which would have been a cover.  This is fair, ensures that you have enough shards for that cover when you do reach the milestone.

They did not give out the covers for every level reached. People expecting this generosity from prior feeder rollout understandably very upset.  But please recognise that this has been generosity. It would have been more fair to always use brand-new 4* as feeders, so retro rewards didn't apply...

Instead, giving out 20% of a cover worth of shards for these milestones. Hmmm

Going forward, everyone receives 5* covers for new progress on their 4* feeders. Fair, to all.

Announcing the feeders, but not having the information on retroactive rewards released at the same time.  This is where I have a pretty big issue.  It was a reasonable expectation that the double-dip of previous feeders would apply.  I and many other people would have pulled or targeted to get the new feeders over milestone levels, to get the LL now and double dip-on the feeder cover/shards.   

When the information was released, it was clear to me that you would get 20% shards instead of covers after level 280. Luckily (for me), that's as far as my roster goes anyway, so I don't have the strong reaction, just disappointment for my friends.

People demanding that the old feeder reward schedule be handed out now for each of these 9 feeders because of the backlash of how this has been handled.  Realistically, this is not going to happen, and I think that we all know this.

One thing that I do see as viable is to compensate those people who have just missed out by passing a milestone level.  eg already at 300, receiving only 100 shards for that milestone, where someone on 299 would have received 250 shards for their top-up, and will get the other 250 with a single level on the 4*. This does seem unfair.

My proposal for that:
    People receive the retro cover for their first milestone (280), as well as 500 shards for being at level 300-305, 320-325, 340-345, 350-355, in addition to the 100 shards per milestone level.  This effectively means that they get another cover-worth of shards for a "recent" milestone, even though missing out on 80% of the shards for levels in between.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    The biggest issue that I have is lack of a real conversation from the devs to handle this head on and actually stand infront of the community and start answering questions and handling in an open and honest way.  There is way too heat to just take it to a back room and not communicate with the rest of the class....at least that is what I would do if I were in charge...letting this fester is only going to make it worst.  And it has.  Each day of radio silence rather an active engagement is a lost opportunity.  And while it may be childish to say, I hope that shows in thier bottom line if that is what it is going to take to get them out and public.

It’s called obfuscation. But hey, at least they got lucky with the HP sale timing right?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two years ago, when the first 4* Champion rewards were updated to have 5* covers, we were told any future updates would credit the covers for levels that had been achieved.  This is why I (and probably many others) expected to receive the shards for the levels we had passed.

Except a loophole is right in there,  any new champion reward COVER, they didn't update champ reward covers that updated for shards 
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I spoke to the developers this morning, and they provided the following information.
    1. Any future 4-Star characters that have their Champion Rewards changed to offer 5-Star covers, will also retroactively credit those covers to players that had already achieved those levels.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only group of players who have legitimate cases are:

1) players with 370 Hulkbuster and the likes receiving 2 covers instead of 6 covers
    2) 4* Secondary shards

The rest such as expecting 100 Mighty Tokens, triple dipping and whatever is simply ridiculous.
  • Bloodhades
    Bloodhades Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Hi, a nice update, but I've not gotten any shards at all. Gotten my 5* covers though. 

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only group of players who have legitimate cases are:

1) players with 370 Hulkbuster and the likes receiving 2 covers instead of 6 covers
    2) 4* Secondary shards

The rest such as expecting 100 Mighty Tokens, triple dipping and whatever is simply ridiculous.
    Ok, see I agree with you. They have never gave out tokens and honesty I was not expecting that.  What I would except is the shards/covers I am/we are missing.  I know some players want the tokens but that is really unrealistic.  I just want the normal champ rewards that they have done in the past, the covers that we will never be able to recover from. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    **Mod note: Please keep this thread on topic. Removed a couple of posts and issuing a warning on flame baiting.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t know, I don’t think it was that unreasonable to expect to see the Mighty Tokens. Champion Rewards are updated almost never, and when they are, it has historically just been to replace LTs with fixed cover drops. And just as historically, players who were past those adjusted levels got 100% of the newly added items, which classically took the form of covers. To see that you got one of every new thing for the past 2 years and expect this new batch of new things to follow the same pattern isn’t a wild leap in my opinion.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are at 10 pages of comments. Most are well structured and reasonable commentaries that reflect the current in-game mood and the failure of the shard rollout/updated reward system.

@IceIX It’s been almost two days. Are dev meetings happening? Are remedies being discussed? Is there a timetable to any of this?

I’m not trying to fan flames, but this is a ticking clock situation. The player dissatisfaction is real and many of the players engagements are lowering dramatically.

This is not the sort of thing that should take weeks to fix, but days or hours. 

At least please chime in with an update to let us know we are being heard and if there are any updates on discussions so we may give further input and ideas.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    And to further Pheregas's point, the worst thing you can do in a crisis this bad, is exactly what IceIX and Brigby are doing and remaining radio silent. Not addressing the issue in any capacity. This is horrible PR practices. The mobs not going to go anywhere, and only going to get worse the longer it's quiet.
  • Cheetah1982
    Cheetah1982 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    The mob may actually move on...to a new game