On Retroactive Rewards

Options

Comments

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Loosie said:
    @IceIX do have any update? Are the devs/d3 actually getting/reading this feedback?

Is there any talk of people getting the full shards they should have received or any secondary character shards?

My guess: they are waiting on financial/usage data to see if corrective action, if any, is necessary. That's why we haven't heard anything.

Bottom line: The company currently sells shards for cash - giving away shards is like giving away money - they won't do it unless it is necessary.
    Coincidentally the SCL 4 bundle suddenly reappeared for me, despite the SCL 6 being available just a couple days ago.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That post by Brigby actually works against the players because the definition of shard has been stated. If this case were to be presented to the jury, it's highly likely that the jury will award the win to the dev.

1. Players can apply comic covers to their characters to increase or unlock their power levels.

2. Shard is a system or feature where it allows players to be able to work towards the heroes they have favorited, but also see exactly how far they are away from getting that next cover.

Shard is similar to points earned when consumers use credit cards. When the consumers reach a certain milestone, like 8000 reward points, they can use it to redeem things like shopping vouchers. However, they can't go around saying that shopping vouchers are 8000 rewards points.

In this case, the players can redeem a selected 5* cover with 500 character-specific shards.

However, based on some of the cases that I came across, the devs loses if they decided to go down this route of technicality.

My guess would be elder players will get an additional 1000 5* shards, if they decided to choose the middle ground. (6 covers / 2 = 3 covers).

4* and below players will get their Mighty Tokens and their secondary 4* shards.

I guess they could separate the rewards based on shield rank.

• gascangascan
    gascangascan Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Loosie said:
    @IceIX do have any update? Are the devs/d3 actually getting/reading this feedback?

Is there any talk of people getting the full shards they should have received or any secondary character shards?

My guess: they are waiting on financial/usage data to see if corrective action, if any, is necessary. That's why we haven't heard anything.

Bottom line: The company currently sells shards for cash - giving away shards is like giving away money - they won't do it unless it is necessary.
    That is a very short shighted view.  Giving away *some* shards (which are locked per-character and cannot ever be used until they reach a certain total) is a great way to seem generous, while actually locking players into a long haul grind that will be less rewards and push spending harder than the old system.
    Yea I agree. I'm just speculating on why they haven't responded. 

If they were working on it, I think they would come back and say they are working on it.

But they haven't - because there is nothing to report - they are still making a decision.

They would also need to devote development hours (money) to make a fix, and possibly even test that fix.

The chat window is still broken from one of the previous updates. That's been going on for months. They don't have the dev resources to fix it because dev has been diverted to updates that generate revenue (new characters, cosmetics, shards, etc).
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That post by Brigby actually works against the players because the definition of shard has been stated. If this case were to be presented to the jury, it's highly likely that the jury will award the win to the dev.

I mean...  I didn't get fired, they just eliminated my position.  Either way, I'm out of a job.

And I finally saw BSSM shards in my purchase screen.  Even though I wanted him finished more than anything, I still gave it a hard pass.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

1. Players can apply comic covers to their characters to increase or unlock their power levels.

2. Shard is a system or feature where it allows players to be able to work towards the heroes they have favorited, but also see exactly how far they are away from getting that next cover.

Shard is similar to points earned when consumers use credit cards. When the consumers reach a certain milestone, like 8000 reward points, they can use it to redeem things like shopping vouchers. However, they can't go around saying that shopping vouchers are 8000 rewards points.

In this case, the players can redeem a selected 5* cover with 500 character-specific shards.

However, based on some of the cases that I came across, the devs loses if they decided to go down this route of technicality.

My guess would be elder players will get an additional 1000 5* shards, if they decided to choose the middle ground. (6 covers / 2 = 3 covers).

4* and below players will get their Mighty Tokens and their secondary 4* shards.

Except historical precedent would show through that type of subterfuge. It would also show they changed everything, quickly in a very disingenuous way.
    I doubt they would win this case in front of an arbitrator or a jury. In fact, I think it would be a huge risk, because both an arbitrator or jury could consider punitive damage based on bad faith. 

I doubt the player base would be happy with any type of middle ground resolution.    
  • Mikbro81
    Mikbro81 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Still no response?  Ok....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wait, who is going to Court and for what!!?!? Otherwise why do we have a jury?
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Wait, who is going to Court and for what!!?!? Otherwise why do we have a jury?

2) I think the team might want to get a lawyer or logician to vet your update or post. Even though I've been here for only 2 years, but the reactions from here are really predictable.

We have been through a number of mini-sagas where players in here nitpick the words being used by the team. If the team is not going to define those words, the players in here will define it for you and once they define it, you have to stick with their definitions. When that happens, whatever subsequent explanations by you will be dismissed as excuses. Please remember many players in here live in only a black and white world. 

In the future, define words where you think players in here will use their own definitions. If necessary, use a Venn Diagram or Logic tree to make the idea clearer. The post won't look as sexy as in the past, but when you are posting in a forum filled with lawyers, they are simply not interested in sexy stuff.

Who's lawyering up the definition of the word "covers"?
     Who is black and white : players bad/ Devs Good
    Who champions the bottom line without ever contributing?

• gascangascan
    Options
    Mikbro81 said:
    You also need to factor in - how much of their time is devoted to discussing this. Do they have a meeting with key decision-makers later today? This week? If they are still deciding what to do - and they have no deadline - then there is nothing to report.

In addition: they want to keep players happy - but they also don't want to appear as if they fold to discontent - so their silence is somewhat strategic.

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mikbro81 said:
    You also need to factor in - how much of their time is devoted to discussing this. Do they have a meeting with key decision-makers later today? This week? If they are still deciding what to do - and they have no deadline - then there is nothing to report.

In addition: they want to keep players happy - but they also don't want to appear as if they fold to discontent - so their silence is somewhat strategic.

They've been strategically silent for months now.

Where I work, if my boss asks me what I've been doing all day, I can at least shoot him an email and say I've been in meetings all day.  I don't need to go into details, but at least he knows I haven't been twiddling my thumbs all day.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mikbro81 said:

I'm annoyed by the lack of response too (I keep checking the boards to see if there is one,) but this is a really short time frame, and I'd have been surprised if they got back to us this quickly.  I'd like for them to get back to us this quickly, but I wouldn't expect it.
    I really don't think they expected to get that negative a response, which is a bit surprising in and of itself - I think the mistake is that they think of shards as an in-game commodity as opposed to a partial cover, as I stated either here or in the other thread.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    So now I'm wondering for the future 5* that are gonna get feeders, should we even bother leveling those 4* without a feeder?
     Bc if they're gonna pull what they did this time, then I rather not continue leveling up 4* and just hoard. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So now I'm wondering for the future 5* that are gonna get feeders, should we even bother leveling those 4* without a feeder?
     Bc if they're gonna pull what they did this time, then I rather not continue leveling up 4* and just hoard. 
    It has been asked several times. I tagged ice asking how we can expect 4*-5* feeders to be handled in the future. Nothing but crickets. It astounds me that there is this huge rollout, we were promised more info on the forums and we have almost no information on this and no one here to answer very legitimate questions such as this. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It has been asked several times. I tagged ice asking how we can expect 4*-5* feeders to be handled in the future. Nothing but crickets. It astounds me that there is this huge rollout, we were promised more info on the forums and we have almost no information on this and no one here to answer very legitimate questions such as this. 
    As much as I'd like to see resolution to this right now, I'd prefer them to take their time. That way, they won't have to make an announcement that has to be amended at the last moment.
  • gascangascan
    Options
    You also need to figure the percentage of players represented on this thread. Is it 10% - because that would be a lot. They might schedule a meeting right away if it's that high. 

I mean, I can complain all day about how we need a 5* Squirrel Girl - I only represent 0.0001% of the player base - so nothing will happen because ppl hate on squirrels. It's ok - just don't complain when you feel something furry crawling up your pants leg.

I do wonder when they will respond (to the retroactive thing, not the other thing I mentioned, just ignore that).