R192: Champion Rewards Updates

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    MegaBee said:
    tsdchaos said:
    TSD, it is just odd that your first post rails against the other players right now. Maybe it is also the timing.
    I understand why it might seem odd. But i simply enjoy lurking most of the time. The devs communicate on discord and the forums through official channels. 
    Is Discord an official communication channel?
    MegaBee, I saw the post that the update to the rewards were rolled out as intended first on Discord.
    I'd be a lot less annoyed about game information hitting Discord before here if d3 actually stated that Discord were an official communication channel.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Razuhlui said:
    Did anyone mentioned that there is no costume on the first day of the vip? Silently changed. 
    Devs made no comment....players noticed, of course.
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Vhailorx said:

That see like a valid issue instead of feeling entitled.
    We all need to get past the term "entitled." At this point, it is just used to mean "you are asking for something that I, the morally superior observer, think you do not deserve."

It's so subjective as to have no meaning beyond an expression of moral condemnation.  And all that using it accomplishes is picking a fight. 

Vhailorx,

I should have put that in quotes since it was the word used by the person i was addressing.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:
    granne said:

So much of this ill-feeling could have been avoided by better communication. That's not necessarily a reflection on Ice. I have to believe that someone at some point in this process must have realised that people would resent goalposts being moved. I understand wanting to hype something up to get people excited, but it does feel as though we were set up for a fall.
    You act like it was just happenstance that we players got a full week's notice that we were getting many new feeders and shards in champ rewards and unspecified retroactive rewards, but only about 9 hours' notice that very rosters were only getting about 1/3 the number of retroactive rewards as past practice would lead us to expect.

But this is an intentional PR strategy; it's clear from d3's past practice for many years.
    Oh, I'm well aware it wasn't happenstance. That was kind of my point.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm waiting for official word from the Devs in the forum (Discord doesn't interest me) on what's going on.

But it's looking like my VIP is cancelled.
  • Madrox
    Madrox Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Vhailorx said:
    granne said:

So much of this ill-feeling could have been avoided by better communication. That's not necessarily a reflection on Ice. I have to believe that someone at some point in this process must have realised that people would resent goalposts being moved. I understand wanting to hype something up to get people excited, but it does feel as though we were set up for a fall.
    You act like it was just happenstance that we players got a full week's notice that we were getting many new feeders and shards in champ rewards and unspecified retroactive rewards, but only about 9 hours' notice that very rosters were only getting about 1/3 the number of retroactive rewards as past practice would lead us to expect.

But this is an intentional PR strategy; it's clear from d3's past practice for many years.

To be honest it`s only 1/5 of the retroactive rewards (shard-wise)...
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    tsdchaos said:
    I am not active on the forums, but I honestly feel like I need to point this out. A lot of people are really just whining over a perceived slight. Three days ago, you all didn't know what the new rewards would be for champ levels. Yesterday you found out what they were. Today you all got shards and covers for champ levels you had already received rewards for. Now you are complaining that the extra rewards for doing nothing are not good enough. You say you paid to play this game, well good for you. You got HP and CP and ISO out of that. You got LL tokens and covers for 4* and 5* covers. Now you got more covers and shards for no extra investment. Maybe stop complaining so much, realize you got some extra rewards at no additional investment, and enjoy the game. Or don't. You are also welcome to quit. Maybe then there will be fewer voices complaining about how their free stuff isn't as good as they want.
    You seem to think champion levels are free, that players didn't have to earn covers for champion levels.  Free means we didn't have to bust our butts in pve and pvp to get our roster where it is.  
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2019
    Totally disappointed by the update. Feels like I'm missing a heap of rewards from different feeders. I will be doing the same and not renewing my VIP along with no more other spending as well. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still pretty baffled by how the 3*->4* rewards were handled in the case of dual feeders. I got 0 covers or shards to any of the secondary characters, but on D3adpool and Patch, I got 200 primary shards for each character even though both had levels that straddled the final drops for their secondary characters. What was that logic?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Madrox said:

With a 360 4* champ, you would get 6 covers, right?  And with the new system you get 1 cover + 500 shards, right?  Am I missing something? 2/6 = 1/3.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    granne said:
    If Ice's original post had contained more detail about how limited the retro rewards would be, people would have been unhappy, but expectations would have been managed. As it is, we all had days to get excited, and even those of us who didn't expect full retro rewards (I was one of them) are left disenchanted.

Ice's comment about how characters had to be in your roster, or else 2* farmers would get a massive payout was even misleading. The max-champed 2*s in my roster didn't even net any rewards. I got a total of 200 shards from my 2*s, all of whom are champed.

If a company gives you on purpose vague information or change the rules at the last moment of the offered product or service that is called a scam. I feel scammed. I would like the money I paid and invested this last days back. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I think I'm done with spending as well. No VIP or anything.

Not sure why you would mislead and "punish" higher end players.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    ErikPeter said:
    At first I thought people were just complaining about free stuff but this is actually stuff we didn't get. I agree that Ice said it, KGB, but it's muddled. With my emphasis:

IceIX said:
    Now we have an exception! Some 4-Stars gained a new Champion reward! For these characters, you will gain the Cover reward at 280 if it has been reached. Then, you will gain the same rewards as detailed above for the current level of your Champion. In addition, you will gain 100 Shards per 250 Shard milestone you have passed. Meaning that if you have a level 317 Professor X (Charles Xavier), you will gain the 280 Cover, 100 Shards from having passed 315 where you are currently working towards a cover, and a bonus 100 Shards from having passed 300.
    TLDR, if you would have missed Shards towards a cover but *haven’t yet received that cover in full*, you’ll get those Shards. 
    I have a level 312 Hulkbuster. I got the retroactive 280 cover and 100 shards. I am not "working toward" any cover yet (first of 3 is at 315). If "You will gain the same rewards as detailed above" and the TLDR were accurate, I should've gotten 600 Rescue shards, not 100. They missed the shard reward at 300.

People are annoyed because the TLDR is just false. I "missed" shards toward the 300 cover, didn't receive that cover in full; Previous retroactive rewards included the level 300 cover, so why not now?

Basically if you're not going to give us a cover we expect, don't say "TLDR, we will give you the shards for that cover".

Nope, you got the correct amount of shards based on what they wrote.

You got 100 bonus shards because your HB passed L300 already (note that you already got the LT reward at 300 and the other rewards at 298/299 too which I think are CP/HP but I can't recall now).

You are working TOWARD your next shard cover at 320. Since you are at 312 and not at the next shard level you get no more shards. If you were at 315, you would have gotten the 315 shard bonus. The idea behind this is that you'll have the 500 required shards by the time you reach 320.

They are NOT retroactively awarding enough shards for covers at all the levels you've already passed (300 in your example). People just assumed they would because they had in the past. But in the past they added 1 feeder at a time, not a huge amount enmass.

Obviously they decided it's too much to hand out enough shards for full covers based on how many feeders they added. So, anyone want to change their poll answer on BH vs TG (shards)? I've long said that the shard system is inferior to BH. This is another example of reduced rewards that have come via the shard system.

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mayo said:
    If a company gives you on purpose vague information or change the rules at the last moment of the offered product or service that is called a scam. I feel scammed. I would like the money I paid and invested this last days back. 
    You can definitely try to clawback some recent purchases from the various app stores based on their terms, but I think it would be hard to prove something like fraud or 'unfair/deceptive trade practices' here.  Being vague, or allowing player expectations to grow != outright deception
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    i feel like this is like my tax refund... i expected x... i get x-y.... and there's nothing i can really do about it lol...   sorry kids... smaller tv cause i didn't get x
  • Madrox
    Madrox Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Vhailorx said:
    Madrox said:

With a 360 4* champ, you would get 6 covers, right?  And with the new system you get 1 cover + 500 shards, right?  Am I missing something? 2/6 = 1/3.

ok your right. was referring to my non fully camped 4*s that earned me 200 shards instead of 1000.