Lightning Rounds

Options

Comments

• Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have noticed that well placed critical tiles are pretty effective against Rags. Common knowledge but Hopefully this helps people.
  • The Lightning rounds just suck now. As noted, if you don't have a pretty decently leveled character that gets buffed the rounds just take FOREVER -- Hood and Doom simply don't have the damage output to make up for the HP buff; I don't recall what generic Magneto they provide, but only his purple power has any real oomph to it (and even so, it's just simply not enough at a low level, even boosted).

Rag is just stupid powerful in this tournament. If you have a leveled up Rag, you're good. If not -- too bad, go back to SHIELD.

Yes, yes, avoid the teams with Rag. I am. I even have my own, but he's only L25 and has no red power. So he's too low level to be a threat or a shield. And it doesn't make actually getting points any easier.
  • I bought a green rags cover (was 0/2, now 0/3) with HP just so i can get my rag from 25 to 38 so I can deter people from attacking me.
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    I have noticed that well placed critical tiles are pretty effective against Rags. Common knowledge but Hopefully this helps people.

If you have any decently leveled characters that are getting boosted and make a critical match with one of their colors, damage is through the roof even with a 3 match. It helps bringing down all characters, not just Rag. icon_e_smile.gif
  • -- Hood and Doom simply don't have the damage output to make up for the HP buff

I disagree. High leveled Doom is insanely powerful. Especially if you use his demons. Mine is only at 77 and does over 2400 damage each round. Plus his damage for blue and black is the best available.
  • its incredibly hard to see when black power is powered up, for SURE
  • -- Hood and Doom simply don't have the damage output to make up for the HP buff

I disagree. High leveled Doom is insanely powerful. Especially if you use his demons. Mine is only at 77 and does over 2400 damage each round. Plus his damage for blue and black is the best available.

Yes, but the L15 Doom that's provided (or my own that has 1 Blue) doesn't.

You missed the point entirely. The way the buffing works now makes it incredibly difficult to win and earn the covers if you don't already have a high level character that's buffed, which means you don't need the covers...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    The Lightning rounds just suck now. As noted, if you don't have a pretty decently leveled character that gets buffed the rounds just take FOREVER -- Hood and Doom simply don't have the damage output to make up for the HP buff; I don't recall what generic Magneto they provide, but only his purple power has any real oomph to it (and even so, it's just simply not enough at a low level, even boosted).

Rag is just stupid powerful in this tournament. If you have a leveled up Rag, you're good. If not -- too bad, go back to SHIELD.

Yes, yes, avoid the teams with Rag. I am. I even have my own, but he's only L25 and has no red power. So he's too low level to be a threat or a shield. And it doesn't make actually getting points any easier.

I think they're fun. I'm not in them to win them, it's just nice to have some quick tourney's to get some additional ISO awards. It's nice to see the villains getting some attention, since most of the other tourney's feature heroes.

I like 3* Magneto's blue power a lot, too. It makes it easy to pile up crit tiles.
  • I can't complain too much, 0/2 Ragnarok, either version of Storm, and jungle environment tiles were enough to get me by.

...until my jungle choices started disappearing, and even if I closed and reopened the game I'd get 1 at best before it disappeared again.
  • polkio wrote:
    Bravo for devs to life increase. No more easy fights with classic storm
    Yes, bravo for further increasing the player gap.

After my first sentence I must admit that you are right. I was happy because tactic involving storms raging tempest was the only one so far in lightning rounds and now when 3*lightning character has got 1800hp+ this tactic is no longer effective. Now I feel little sorry for players which did not have at least one decent level 3* character.
  • Dormammu wrote:

I think they're fun. I'm not in them to win them, it's just nice to have some quick tourney's to get some additional ISO awards. It's nice to see the villains getting some attention, since most of the other tourney's feature heroes.

The quick iso is great, but the difficulty in placing high enough to have a shot at building up some of those cool characters, if you haven't already been fortunate enough to do so, blows. Hell, I'd spend HP on building up Ragnarok's red ability...too bad and can't get the frelling cover.

Love the game, but like Zathrus, I'm frustrated. It makes zero sense to use a given character to win the same character. I have played the **** out of MPQ, spent money supporting it, want it to thrive, but feeling like playing is starting to feel more like work than fun.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Love the game, but like Zathrus, I'm frustrated. It makes zero sense to use a given character to win the same character. I have played the **** out of MPQ, spent money supporting it, want it to thrive, but feeling like playing is starting to feel more like work than fun.

Same feelings here icon_neutral.gif I have been playing hard for 6 weeks and this week I can do nothing in weekly or in Lightning rounds. In previous week I was able to consistently be in top 50 in Lightning rounds, this week it seems I will have problems with being top 100.
    I haven't supported the game yet, cause I was waiting for good moment (nice special offer icon_e_wink.gif ) and as additional benefit hoped to gain some competitiveness. However, currently the gap between top players and me is increasing at such pace that I don't think it is possible any more.
  • Doesn't help that the seed characters have been given real teams either.

0 point player with a L85 Thor and <some other mid to high level character> -- yay! Now I can get wiped out just trying to get to 100 points! Repeatedly!

IceIX -- please let the team know that there's fun, and then there's this ****.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think that it is a shame that they left out the nefarious rewards this week. Last week was great for getting a start on some 3* bad guys. I got my first Rag after playing since launch. Of course with only 1 cover he is pretty useless. Could really use the (slight) chance of getting some 3* to help me be viable in the 3* tournament. Oh well.

EDIT - Right after I typed that I pulled a green Rag from the standard deck using the reward from the lightening round. Guess they are in there but less advertised this week - or I got really lucky. Perhaps there is hope yet... icon_lol.gif
  • greggray24 wrote:
    I think that it is a shame that they left out the nefarious rewards this week. Last week was great for getting a start on some 3* bad guys. I got my first Rag after playing since launch. Of course with only 1 cover he is pretty useless. Could really use the (sligt) chance of getting some 3* to help me be viable in the 3* tournament. Oh well.

You mean the chapter 1 character packs?
  • Ranzera wrote:

I mean the character packs that you get tokens for in the lightning tourney at 50 and 250pts.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

I mean the character packs that you get tokens for in the lightning tourney at 50 and 250pts.

You can now get any character from those of the indicated star rating or above.
  • IceX, I know you are lurking. This tournament is atrocious. The last round was bad enough. If you don't already have a high leg level rag, you have no chance at winning anything except the default seeing matches. This is going to only discourage players from playing. This is called jumping the shark.
  • Misguided wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

You can now get any character from those of the indicated star rating or above.

I guess I just never got lucky before on the 1* pile. Don't think I've seen Rags in the covers they cycle by.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Big question is do you think they will give Loki a third ability? Don't want to max out black if they are gonna release another.