Lightning Rounds

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Misguided wrote:
    Yup. Red Rag is the easiest way to the road of riches. Don't even need his green.

For what it is worth, his rounds are also the most hotly contested. I finished 3rd behind Polkio and Forgrim in a Magneto round earlier, finished top 2 in a Doom round, but didn't make top 8 in the Ragnarok round that just finished.

agreed, ragnarok rounds are absolutely painful (hood is too, but for different FRACKING REASONS). i kindly stay out of ragnarok rounds due to this, dipping my feet into hood rounds for yellow to level out my hood if i can compete in that mess
  • forgrim wrote:
    well yes, it was luck, but it took me about 5-10 tries to get a ragnarok, and i play in almost every lightning tournament.

i guess everyones thinking is take off the boost, but the moment u do that, the cstorm comes back in any tournament with a throwaway character. its a really hard balancing act.

Meh, C Storm is still in the tournament heavily. I'd say 80% of the teams I fight have her -- of the other 10% I'd say about half have a high level Villain instead, which is often an instant skip.

Heck, I've been running her -- a lot of teams (with or without her) run Thor, and swapping out the villain or Wolverine to take Thor's strike is an instant Tempest. It doesn't kill the other team flat, but it does help end the match more quickly.

That said, I'd be fine with having a boost, but not a 200% one. Maybe 50%. That gives an advantage without it being a runaway one.

Misguided -- I don't see it happening; in the last half hour of the tournament it's everything I can do just to stay in the same place, which ranges around 20-30. Maybe I'll get a good pull from a Diabolical token, but again, even placing that high requires a huge amount of time investment.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Yup. Red Rag is the easiest way to the road of riches. Don't even need his green.

For what it is worth, his rounds are also the most hotly contested. I finished 3rd behind Polkio and Forgrim in a Magneto round earlier, finished top 2 in a Doom round, but didn't make top 8 in the Ragnarok round that just finished.
    That's not what I meant. Rags is still boosted in Doom, Mags, etc. tournies. Rags tourney is competitive because everyone wants him. No surprise, being the strongest in the game. Even without boosts, Rags can help win the other events outside Lightning rounds.
  • Ugh. Was in 2nd. Finish a round quick to see my amazing victory total of -75 in the hood round. Dropped to 42 with >1 min to go. Start 1 round I know it probably won't count. Finish it in about 90 sec. Heroic coin. F the hood tournement.
  • Sooty wrote:
    I swear the moment I get just ONE red rag cover I'm going to go ahead and spend 100 bucks on gold just to max him out on the same day... REVENGE j/k

congrats. so are you going to spend 100 bucks? icon_e_wink.gif
  • @_@ you saw... so I now owe d3p 100 bucks D=
  • Ss the email or it didn't happen. icon_razz.gif