Lightning Rounds

Options

Comments

• For those complaining about Rag, quit it. It will take time to level him up, but in this tournament I just -shot KO'ed a lvl 100 Rag (19000+ dmg). It can be done. Besides, he's better all around anyway.

EDIT - I did this with Magneto

I'll happily take Mag or Rag (or Doom). So far I've only managed to eek out a Rag green (now 0/3 -- sigh) and a Diabolical token that gave me a blue Mag (now 1/0/1). My Doom is 1/0.

For the umpteenth time, the boosts either need to be removed entirely or severely reduced. It's incredibly difficult to place high w/o a high level villain of your own.
  • If I had a high-leveled Magneto, I would stop 'complaining' about Rag. It's not that we want to complain. There is simply no way to place without any of the featured villains at an appropriate level. I understand you can one-shot Ragnarok, with a high-leveled Magneto. Maybe you should try beating a team with a 20k hp Rag with just your 2-stars, or even your 3-stars non-villains.

We are asking for the buffs to be reduced. At this rate, only people with the featured villain cover would be able to place, defeating the purpose of Lightning Rounds for many of us who don't have those covers. If the purpose of Lightning Rounds is to reward players who already have those covers, I would accept that our fate to never be able to compete unless we pay a hefty amount of HP to level the villains.
  • If I may be cynical, I think the point is to encourage the player into spending 1100 HP at a chance to grab one of these buffed-out characters.
  • handsomes argument that a magneto can take on a ragnarok is true but the argument is u need a high level villain to take on another high level villain.

honestly, this game is progression, and when i started the villain tourneys, i started off with a cstorm thor 80/80 combo and rode them to a diabolical token. after getting lucky and drawing a ragnarok for both colors. after that, i started pumping him up and winning more diabolical tokens and getting lucky with my villains (dr doom and ragnarok). leveling them up, i started competing in their tournaments and lo and behold, i'm currently where i am. this took a month.

its a progression, and as i still don't agree with the boosts being 200%, its still not an unclimbable mountain. i did it. i climbed that mountain. using regular ol game mechanics
  • Do take note that what I'm about to say is not an argument against what forgrim has just mentioned. I didn't take part in the first few Lightnings THAT much because of personal commitments and I had some issues with the support team before regarding the gifting bug. I actually used the same team setup, albeit lower levelled, of Classic Storm and Thor and was able to compete in Lightning BEFORE the present 200% buff. The buffs right now is too high a mountain for newer players to climb over, even when using the same setup that easily got me top 50 before in one of the very first Lightning Rounds.

If this move is indeed a way to entice players to go for the 1100HP purchase, I do feel that it would drive an equal - if not greater - amount of players AWAY from the game. There hasn't been any noticeable 'complaints' or problems with Lightning Rounds before the 200% buff.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    btw i thought you quit. u defriended me and i had to replace you on my fb list of friends to send to!

hey polkio, i hate you. i jest but still, we are pushing the score up high.
  • Yeah I did quit but came back when the bug was fixed. The support team never did solve my problem for me. They probably only started fixing it when multiple people reported the same bug. I only heard about it from a friend.
  • forgrim wrote:

Yes, yes you were icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • blame polkio, he kept raising the ceiling and to compete in the 1/2 spot, we had to try to stay with him

BLAME POLKIO
    BLAME POLKIO
    BLAME POLKIO

(once again, i'm kidding, u made us all get some 500 iso points at least)
  • forgrim wrote:
    btw i thought you quit. u defriended me and i had to replace you on my fb list of friends to send to!

My pleasure icon_e_smile.gif
    I need one more red magneto so only one round you will see me there. BTW - you were second?
  • I would have liked the red cover too, but these were my first duplicates for Magneto, so at least I can level him up a bit now, which is happy-making.

Yep, he was second and I was third.
  • oh lord you need one more polkio? so do i...so do i...so i assume us three will be competing for the top 3 again next round.

my phone battery is 6%, so i clearly am not doing anything in the ragnarok tournament.
  • Misguided wrote:
    I would have liked the red cover too, but these were my first duplicates for Magneto, so at least I can level him up a bit now, which is happy-making.

Next time you get me ...
  • Grr...you're rank 26...you're rank 15....tourney ends...congrats, you were top 50 icon_evil.gif
  • Polkio wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    I would have liked the red cover too, but these were my first duplicates for Magneto, so at least I can level him up a bit now, which is happy-making.

Next time you get me ...

It's all good. I haven't even thought about how I want to build him yet.
  • forgrim wrote:
    honestly, this game is progression, and when i started the villain tourneys, i started off with a cstorm thor 80/80 combo and rode them to a diabolical token. after getting lucky and drawing a ragnarok for both colors. after that, i started pumping him up and winning more diabolical tokens and getting lucky with my villains (dr doom and ragnarok). leveling them up, i started competing in their tournaments and lo and behold, i'm currently where i am. this took a month.

Yeah, but the key thing there is that you got lucky -- and that's honestly ****. There is currently no way for me to place in the top 8 of the Ragnarok round to get his red cover. I can get top 25 if I try incredibly hard, but that just gets me yet another green cover (not useless, yet, but not what I need). I just pulled freaking Loki from the diabolical token for this Rag round -- which is the exact reason why I won't drop 1100 HP on a token, because I don't want a damn Loki cover.

And by incredibly hard I mean play for 90 minutes straight ignoring everything else. That's really not good. I don't think I'm a **** player, but I simply cannot kill as fast as a team with a high level villain, and that's ALL that matters in the Lightning rounds.

Right now I'd drop 2500 HP on a red ragnarok cover, or a black Doom cover, or a red Magneto cover. But only if I could absolutely be guaranteed of getting that cover. And this isn't wallet warrioring -- I've yet to drop any money on the game (although if the iOS sale is any good, I will simply to throw the devs some money for such a great game), everything I've got comes from playing.

But these Lightning rounds, quite frankly, suck **** for anything but generating ISO. They're just a regular tournament's frustration all balled up into 90 minutes.
  • well yes, it was luck, but it took me about 5-10 tries to get a ragnarok, and i play in almost every lightning tournament.

i guess everyones thinking is take off the boost, but the moment u do that, the cstorm comes back in any tournament with a throwaway character. its a really hard balancing act.
  • Zathrus, you know I was right there with you in terms of frustration last week, then I managed a top 8 and got my first red cover for Ragnarok. You can do it. I know you can.
  • Yup. Red Rag is the easiest way to the road of riches. Don't even need his green.
  • Yup. Red Rag is the easiest way to the road of riches. Don't even need his green.

For what it is worth, his rounds are also the most hotly contested. I finished 3rd behind Polkio and Forgrim in a Magneto round earlier, finished top 2 in a Doom round, but didn't make top 8 in the Ragnarok round that just finished.