Lightning Rounds

Options

Comments

• I just randomly got a backlog of captain america rewards and some other placement rewards. Weird.
  • forgrim wrote:
    I just randomly got a backlog of captain america rewards and some other placement rewards. Weird.

Ditto. I got that, lightning rewards, and halloween havoc stucf
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    I just randomly got a backlog of captain america rewards and some other placement rewards. Weird.
    but most welcome.

I managed to do okay in the lightning rounds. I guess my matchmaking rating is pretty low as I didn't see any top level teams, but I got a hood, 2 diabolical (hood again and magneto) and a couple of heroic covers (magneto modern and blue spider-man). I also drew a spider-man from a basic recruit token.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had my best luck yet with this weeks lightning rounds.

Got my rag maxed now and just need two more blue for my doom icon_e_smile.gif
  • Yea I had some luck too. My doom and rag are maxed and I'm nearly there with magneto. Just not enough iso icon_e_sad.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yea I had some luck too. My doom and rag are maxed and I'm nearly there with magneto. Just not enough iso icon_e_sad.gif

Oh trust me, anybody who played in the lightning tourneys already knew this about you...
  • Autoskip 20k HP doom and rag.
  • Polkio wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    had to attack you shikao even though i really didn't want to do maintain top 2 ranking icon_neutral.gif

but i did maintain it, think polkio got the other spot

It was close. Nice battle. Also sorry shikao - I also attacked you but I think you start the fight icon_e_smile.gif

forgrim, I was tempted to retaliate, but reckoned you need the points for something, so I skipped you icon_lol.gif

Polkio, I might have started it this round, but couple rounds earlier you attacked me twice in row icon_mad.gif And to be honest I think it was the first time ever I went against you icon_e_wink.gif
    forgrim wrote:
    Autoskip 20k HP doom and rag.

If I were to skip both of them, I would be quickly out of targets. Rags aren't that bad, somehow during this Lightning rounds I learnt to tame them icon_mrgreen.gif Dooms on the other hand, if you have one with over 10k HP, you are not going to be attacked by me icon_razz.gif
  • forgrim wrote:
    Autoskip 20k HP doom and rag.

I don't, but I have the luxury of a high level (not max) Rag and max-level Wolverine 2*. Because the uber teams rise to the top quickly, they're also worth a lot of points if you can take them down. With boosts this is quite do-able, and it means that the enemies I'm making are above my score and get less from retaliating.

Plus, it's a challenge icon_e_smile.gif
  • I learned that a purple magneto can one shot a 10k doom I learned to avoid like plague
  • Not hard feelings Shikao icon_e_smile.gif

You were one of the three oponts which give me +10 points at that moment so sorry for attacking ...
  • *sigh* why do I feel like the only one without any covers for villains. Rags, mag, loki 1 cover, hood and doom 2. Yet I have full spidey and IM40 (no HP spent levelling them), even my 4* wolverine has more covers than them icon_e_sad.gif

Hopefully they change the format soon, hate not having any chance of getting rewards, but doesn't look good going on how this is repeated every week...
  • tough lightning round, i retaliated against xiaoyi, who was #2 and me being #1 and when i came out of the battle screen, it showed he hit me again while i was retaliating against me and dropped me to #4, so i got a retaliation in and ended 15 seconds before the end of the tournament and jumped back to #1, and pushed him to #8 <--felt bad but mrfgh, the nature of the game.
  • forgrim wrote:
    tough lightning round, i retaliated against xiaoyi, who was #2 and me being #1 and when i came out of the battle screen, it showed he hit me again while i was retaliating against me and dropped me to #4, so i got a retaliation in and ended 15 seconds before the end of the tournament and jumped back to #1, and pushed him to #8 <--felt bad but mrfgh, the nature of the game.

Well done. Be glad you are not getting hit from about 7 or 8 different sides towards the end icon_e_wink.gif
  • Lol ladder. I hear ya there. Only retaliated at ya once then started skipping ya.
  • another person hit me, so ralphwiggums who was 100 lp and dropped me a bunch also, but xioayi with the hit on me pushed about 30 points ahead of me and was worth alot for that last retaliation.

but yes, i get that during the hood round, when 10 people pound me and i drop 600 points into negative points territory
  • The Ladder wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    tough lightning round, i retaliated against xiaoyi, who was #2 and me being #1 and when i came out of the battle screen, it showed he hit me again while i was retaliating against me and dropped me to #4, so i got a retaliation in and ended 15 seconds before the end of the tournament and jumped back to #1, and pushed him to #8 <--felt bad but mrfgh, the nature of the game.

Well done. Be glad you are not getting hit from about 7 or 8 different sides towards the end icon_e_wink.gif

Yea it's difficult. I get smoked at the end everytime. I still make Top 8 but I really wanted that Red age to cover
  • I kind of hate myself with these, start out with the simple intention of grinding some ISO, but end up getting near the top and then get a bit frenzied wanting to win the thing. Only to be pounded down, I need more self restraint lol.

Doesn't help that my Heroic bracket is totally stagnant, could do with a distraction.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I kind of hate myself with these, start out with the simple intention of grinding some ISO, but end up getting near the top and then get a bit frenzied wanting to win the thing. Only to be pounded down, I need more self restraint lol.

Doesn't help that my Heroic bracket is totally stagnant, could do with a distraction.

I get the exact same way. Maybe some iOS, before I know it I'm fighting for top 5
  • forgrim wrote:
    I learned that a purple magneto can one shot a 10k doom I learned to avoid like plague

I think, right now, magneto classic is my favorite cover in the game. His purple is VERY damaging and does way more than the card info might lead you to believe. He has a low cost blue that gives you crit tiles and many times (if I had a high enough skill in blue) get you back enough to go again with it. Just with a Lvl 1 I saved up 12 or 13 tiles and I caused 4 separate cascade turns in a row. With a Lvl 5 blue it probably could have gone on almost indefinently. As it is, the cascades got me enough red and yellow tiles for Thor to wipe an entire team out with 2-3 uses of each move (and the team was MUCH higher Lvl than me).

Plus, being able to place tiles is a fun addition to the gameplay that not many other characters have, and unlike *** widow he can place his blue on environment tiles at Lvl 1 (she may be able to later lvls).

Plus blue purple and black seem to be on the less obvious strong characters so magneto mixes well as he has actively useful skills in 2 of those 3 colors. Something like Thor, magneto, storm modern is easy enough (sans magz) to get and is full rainbow on the damage wheel.