Lightning Rounds

Options

Comments

• Saw the improved top 100 reward, yay. Saw all the buffed Rags, welp.

Really frustrated right now. I got wiped twice just trying to get 100 points. The widow and IM40 I've been working to level aren't much help.
  • avoid ragnarok's like the plague, that's all the advice i can give.
  • It's not worth trying to deal with them. It was bad enough last week, now that they have the health buff, it's just dumb. You would think they would have figured this out by now.
  • last week, at least they were ...able to be burtst down using boosts and cstorm bait, this week, just bench that storm, and try other things.

that's really only thing you can do. or avoid every team with a ragnarok which is what i'm doing.
  • on another gripe, HOOD LIGHTNING ROUND STRIKES AGAIN, less than 1 minute to go, drop from 26 to 148 because of two hits of -41 and -26.

wow. never competing in hood lightning rounds.
  • **** lightning rounds in general
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    People with high level ragnarok can win more ragnarok covers, and sell them for 25HP. With event like this how can others even hope to win ragnarok cover or any other 3* cover? Without 100+ 3* its not possible to get into first 25, maybe not even 100.
  • spell wrote:
    People with high level ragnarok can win more ragnarok covers, and sell them for 25HP. With event like this how can others even hope to win ragnarok cover or any other 3* cover? Without 100+ 3* its not possible to get into first 25, maybe not event 100.

If you spend a lot of money you could get there. That's why they keep doing these.
  • Maybe they should just give him a smaller boost compared to the other villains so people would want to use variety.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I actually think the health increase makes sense, though maybe it should be to a smaller degree. However, the increase to the crit multiplier, in addition to the increase to tile damage, is asinine. If a boosted character matches environmental tiles in the lab, you're probably going to lose at least one character. If the crit tile they make matches with environmental tiles, it is probably game over.

The damage boost and the crit boost are redundant, and the latter should be eliminated.
  • Lol
    First place in Hood round. My hood has over 7000 hit points. It is easy to win when nobody attacks you

Bravo for devs to life increase. No more easy fights with classic storm.
  • Personally, I have a high level Ragnarok. I will not compete for high placement so that others can get a chance to win the cover. It took me forever so I know it's frustrating. I'll just aim for the tokens. Just letting people know that they won't have to worry about me attacking them during Ragnarok.
  • Just noticed something weird. Level 23 Hood is taking precedence over level 70 Thor on yellow matches. Did they change this back to how it used to be on purpose, or is this an accident?
  • Misguided wrote:
    Did they change this back to how it used to be on purpose
    Yes it's in the patch notes.

Currently I have a choice of long boring 3* tournament fights (due to low damage attacks from low level characters) or long boring lighting round fights (due to stupidly high HP). I think I might pass on both, thanks...
  • Misguided wrote:
    Just noticed something weird. Level 23 Hood is taking precedence over level 70 Thor on yellow matches. Did they change this back to how it used to be on purpose, or is this an accident?

They changed it back. If you'd played the Heroic Juggie missions I'd told you about on Monday w/ IM35 or IM40 you would've noticed this!

I had my L50 IM35 w/ nearly 8k hp tanking the uber-level Juggernaut because he matched on nearly every color over my L80 Thor / L63 C Storm.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Im not getting very much variety in opponents. I'm not attacking anyone twice if I can help it. I've also noticed that with these buffed characters battles are twice as long and really put a damper on last minute pushes.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    ccseifert wrote:
    Now we just have to figure out how anyone without a buffed leveled Ragnarok is supposed to take down a buffed leveled Ragnarok.

Solution: you don't.

and that right there is the problem. Leveled up heroes should not be buffed anymore!
    Yup, it's not Rag at all. c.Storm, Daken, lots of characters needed nerfs. Rag could actually use a buff or two.
    polkio wrote:
    Bravo for devs to life increase. No more easy fights with classic storm
    Yes, bravo for further increasing the player gap.

You win with 3-star cards. How do you get 3-star cards you ask? By already having 3-star cards of course. That or use c.Storm. Oh wait, she's nerfed now.
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    Im not getting very much variety in opponents. I'm not attacking anyone twice if I can help it. I've also noticed that with these buffed characters battles are twice as long and really put a damper on last minute pushes.

this: unless you have a maxed level ragnarok with 2 ap red, its such a long slog to defeat every team now with a 3k hp doom. the rag round will have a 3.5 k hp ragnarok in every fight.

edit: i think implementation wise, the villains should be buffed, 50% sounds about right, not 200% tho. 18k or 20k hp, jesus. takes forever.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So when is the game going to be renamed "Marvel's Ragnarok Puzzle Quest"?
  • And now I've got the grayed-out bug on the lightning rounds. Splendid. icon_neutral.gif