SHIELD Season 2 (May 21 - Jun 15)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just realized how insignificant all the 1 stars from shield training are now that they give them out for winning matches :s rather just see like 200 iso at each of those progression marks
    Hi there, I'm in your season bracket icon_e_smile.gif
  • Eyris6
    Eyris6 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    I had to share as I found this funny this morning. First, I completely forgot that the sub ended at noon, I thought it was a midnight end for some stupid reason. Anyway, the one node that had Psylocke, Storm, and some putz...I put Hulk against them...

This made for a comical exchange...Hulk would damage someone, Storm would respond with Raging Tempest and this would trigger Hulk's Anger, which would trigger Raging Tempest...This went on for a few turns...it's the dumb things in this game that I enjoy.

Dunno if you were around during the old Classic Storm era where she did 1400 tempests when allies got hit for 20%. But essentially whoever got hit for 20% first would trigger the domino effect onto both teams. Was funny to watch but definitely killed health packs lol.

Oh yea, those were the days. Storm's killing each other off left and right. I didn't know about the forums at the time (or just learned of them), and was initially confused by the damage change.

I also realize that I posted this in the wrong topic. Whatevs.

Still happens, especially in PvP when the loaner hero has low enough HP that a low damage Raging Tempest will still trigger another one. Had to run Thor/CStorm in the Daken PvP instead of my usual Thor/Daken, and that bit me quite a few times going up against other CStorm teams, because the loaner 3* Daken had low enough HP that as soon as I used an ability on the other team, boom, Raging Tempest chain until one of the loaners died (or until it escalated to the high damage tempests, which was funny, but about 50/50 on which team wiped). Good times.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I just realized how insignificant all the 1 stars from shield training are now that they give them out for winning matches :s rather just see like 200 iso at each of those progression marks
    Of course we are, we started in the same tournament bracket
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Of course we are, we started in the same tournament bracket
    Well that'll be fun, because this means Swahili should be in there somewhere as well icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

I see you in my season II bracket icon_e_smile.gif Not that you anything to worry about form me as top 50 is about the best I will place.
  • Unknown
    Options
    well fresh cut didnt go so well as planned. got screwed at the end and couldnt win Daken's blue

now I hope heavy metal isn't so bad this time. I actually got IM 40 but i only have his blue which wont be so useful so i'll stick to the loaner just to be there.

I really need to figure out a better team to win with.
  • Unknown
    Options
  • Unknown
    Options

That's the sound of players quitting and a community slowly dying.
  • Unknown
    Options

That's the sound of players quitting and a community slowly dying.

Everything is working as intended.
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    I was just fighting teams leveled 35-50. My 3 highest levels are 77, 64, and 43. Out of nowhere (when I was about 800 points), the teams I am facing are leveled 85-100. No progression, just WHAM.

Is this normal? I dont feel like spending any more money on this game with all the changes lately. It's always hard to supoort a product that was great then makes all sorts of adjustments that don't make sense. You get me, Da-di-o?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Pretty much.

Just be glad it didn't happen sooner - I often find a big spike around 400 points.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I know it's only a couple of days into Season2, but how bout the OP finally finding some time to edit first post properly? icon_rolleyes.gif

I think that should be a general idea - if You're too lazy to include all important stuff, do not start an event thread.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This event has taught me beyond a shadow of a doubt that they need to revise the passive notifications. I made the mistake of bringing Hood into a match and I think each turn took five minutes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    This event has taught me beyond a shadow of a doubt that they need to revise the passive notifications. I made the mistake of bringing Hood into a match and I think each turn took five minutes.

I'll run Patch, Daken and Hood with the sole purpose of driving everybody insane that attacks me icon_razz.gif

Healing Factor, Healing & Heat, Dormammu’s Aid, Healing Factor, Healing & Heat, Dormammu’s Aid, Healing Factor, Healing & Heat, Dormammu’s Aid.....
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I'll run Patch, Daken and Hood with the sole purpose of driving everybody insane that attacks me icon_razz.gif

Healing Factor, Healing & Heat, Dormammu’s Aid, Healing Factor, Healing & Heat, Dormammu’s Aid, Healing Factor, Healing & Heat, Dormammu’s Aid.....

Seriously, substitute patch with the falcon, while his animations are not at the start of the turn, he will "Inspire" the "red wing" out of you especially with daken on the board.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, I know especially since he can drop 2 animations of critical annoyance in one round. But mine is unfortunately too low level icon_razz.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I have guys in my bracket already smashing the training pretty hard - the top five are all well over 4000 already.
  • Unknown
    Options
    thanks to focusing on the Pve event at the same time with the season, I finally have one character close to 85. Now I have a chance to get 5000 points easily (hopefully) Those in my bracket, beware of my soon to be 85 ares icon_twisted.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pushed a little more in Simulator because I was a couple hundred away from the 10-pack.

The only 3* was a red C.Mag, which I needed. I guess I'm happy? icon_question.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Pushed a little more in Simulator because I was a couple hundred away from the 10-pack.

The only 3* was a red C.Mag, which I needed. I guess I'm happy? icon_question.gif

That used to be the rarest CMag cover at least. Id be happy, better than no 3* characters.