Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    image.jpg

I c u thar

Shh! I'm hiding!
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do you all think it is possible for someone with only lvl 85 2* characters to hit the 3* progression rewards in the Simulator? I don't care what my final score is in it but I would like to try to get to 3200 before the end of season rush.

The highest score in my Sim bracket is around 2500 and has been shield-hopping for days now. He also has a beefy 3* roster, which means that with a 2 x max 2* team you'll probably start getting eaten up in the 1600-1800 range. Pushing for 3200 doesn't seem very likely, sorry.
    How many people actually made 3200 in season 1? If people did, they weren't many. I hit 3000, but gave up on trying for 3200 because it was impossible to find any fights of value, and don't think anyone in my bracket hit 3200.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Don't think I will be able to hit 5000

Disappointed I had no confidence since I was put against teams I thought I had no chance against since I'm still in the progress of improving obw's blue

Oh well big changes will be made season 3 I can tell you that
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do you all think it is possible for someone with only lvl 85 2* characters to hit the 3* progression rewards in the Simulator? I don't care what my final score is in it but I would like to try to get to 3200 before the end of season rush.

The highest score in my Sim bracket is around 2500 and has been shield-hopping for days now. He also has a beefy 3* roster, which means that with a 2 x max 2* team you'll probably start getting eaten up in the 1600-1800 range. Pushing for 3200 doesn't seem very likely, sorry.
    How many people actually made 3200 in season 1? If people did, they weren't many. I hit 3000, but gave up on trying for 3200 because it was impossible to find any fights of value, and don't think anyone in my bracket hit 3200.

Reckless - pretty sure I did from memory, and there were at least a handful of others. But i started shielding about 5 days from the end and was pretty vigilant on queuing good targets & helped by high-scoring alliance mates in the last couple of days. Of course I didn't need the cover anyway icon_e_biggrin.gif

Scores seem lower this season so it wouldn't surprise me if no-one makes 3200
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    the top two people in my bracket(Mikeydollar and Armando Ferraz) are at over 2500 each and shielded....so there's a chance they *might* make it, but i'm sure at a certain point you'd just end up attacking each other.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Anbidy know where top 100 is right now?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If season 2 gets extended just like season 1 did, "to make it fair", because some people were locked out a few hours by the borked steam update, I'll be going mental.
    Let's get this over with, then let's get season 3 over with, and then please remove the cover from alliance rewards so we can all go back to playing how much we want without worrying about anything.

You can even make the top 100 alliances get 10.000.000 HP if you like, just, please, no more covers you can't get otherwise for months.
    Thank you.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Unfortunately I can tell you exactly what it is: 127,457

It's tight down here at the bottom again.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Unfortunately I can tell you exactly what it is: 127,457

It's tight down here at the bottom again.
    It's not only tight at the bottom.
    Number 25 is 146.851.

That's about 20K between 100 and 25, which means 1000 points per person (for a 20 man alliance), which means about 100 points per PVP (I think we are at 9 PVPs now?).

So depending on how many points your alliance has from Shield training already, massive shakeups are still possible.

Outside of top 8 or so, everything is possible.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just noticed that the season ends in 4d 11h and pve tournaments take 2d 11h to complete. So are we going to have a shorter last tournament or are they going to extend the season by half a day?
  • Unknown
    Options
    poomermon wrote:
    I just noticed that the season ends in 4d 11h and pve tournaments take 2d 11h to complete. So are we going to have a shorter last tournament or are they going to extend the season by half a day?

The PvPs on Friday overlap by 12 hrs, so it all works out. I was thrown by that at first too.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Is it just me or is the training room just a massive cascade generator? They go both ways but I'm always seeing them...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've only noticed a lot of cascades on bigger boards. Which I think is randomly determined. So, maybe you just had a large run of 'big board' fights.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I got to the 5000 point 10-Pack and got garbage. So how I'm pretty much taking a break from the rest of this so maybe I won't feel quite so burnt out when Season 3 immediately begins.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was the SHIELD Simulator a bloodbath on the last day of Season 1? I had about 2,600 points so I shielded for the last 24 hours because I was close dropping out of the Season 1 top 25 and wanted to make sure I got two Heroic Token 10-packs. However, up until that point I was barely attacked at all and so far I've been hit even less in Season 2 SHIELD Simulator. I'm debating whether I should be safe and drop the 300 HP for a shield or take a chance.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Was the SHIELD Simulator a bloodbath on the last day of Season 1? I had about 2,600 points so I shielded for the last 24 hours because I was close dropping out of the Season 1 top 25 and wanted to make sure I got two Heroic Token 10-packs. However, up until that point I was barely attacked at all and so far I've been hit even less in Season 2 SHIELD Simulator. I'm debating whether I should be safe and drop the 300 HP for a shield or take a chance.
    Scores were higher across the board in shield in season 1, so it was pretty easy to get to 2300+ using only 50 pointers.
    I can't see this being that easy this time, so I'd advise shielding once you hit your points goal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I sat at 1800 in S1 at the end last time never shielding wasn't attacked either with my mono 141 MMR so maybe I just wasn't worth it. I got busy at work so should have done 2 matches to get back into top 10 in the final standings but whatever, it was just 50hp. Sitting at 400 currently in S2 still, Ill get around to climbing later. The main thing is I was not going to spend hp to only get 50hp more and the same amount of hero packs, thats just a plain loss. If you are on the bring of getting a 10 pack and not getting one, I guess a 10 pack is worth the hp but I somehow doubt it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Where to you need to be to get top 50 in season 2, will 10,000 cut it?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    It really depends on your bracket. Have you less than 10k? These brackets probably have some days played-dependent sharding, too, and don't forget that kyip-like incident when points exploded, I with my 10k points am at #66 currently. Have yet to play Cage Match for real, but I already have some 1,8k points in the training.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    I keep getting cascade-boned in training icon_evil.gif

I got over 550 in one push but since then I've lost as matches as I've won - and I'm losing to Thor/OBW+whoever (I've seen Daken, CStorm, MNMags and lost to all of them). There's really not much I can do when Thor busts out a Thunderstrike/CoTS combo and still has enough AP stored up from all the cascading to do it again the next turn...