SHIELD Season 2 (May 21 - Jun 15)

Options
Main event reward -- Blue Nick Fury for top 100 Alliances.

Discuss...

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    1.D3 is really ****
    2.Clearly they dont bother what's going on on the forums
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hey, I'm all about more easy rewards.
  • Unknown
    Options
    3k progression reward is IM40 blue YEEEESSSS

(I've had this 5/4/3 IM40 forever)

Other than that... competition should be much fiercer this time around, what with the 20k+ alliances.
  • Unknown
    Options
    back to back -- as expected
    fury blue -- as expected

couldn't care less -- no surprise here either
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    So much for a break in between seasons.

Back to the grindfest! And with Psyduck giving out Ldaken...not looking forward to the bracket nonsense this is going to bring about.
  • Unknown
    Options
    **** this ****.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I predict a riot (aka incoming tinykittystorm)
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Money. That's all I can say. They could have given us a damn week to catch up on sleep, work, etc. They have become way too greedy for their own good.

Good luck everyone. Here we go into another month long grind fest 2 seconds after the last one, lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    Has anyone informed the devs that you NEVER EVER should go full ****....Half **** is fine, just never go full ****....

If I offended anyone with my comment, I apologize, had to get my Tropic Thunder reference in...
  • Unknown
    Options
    They only listen to metrics, apparently.
    Until a majority stops playing they'll keep considering seasons a success for all the player engagement, bracket changes a success for the rise in shield revenue, so on and so on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Repeating season 1 with pink instead of blue just seems like a recipe for stale bread. Alliances and seasons were good ideas and I liked them, but with the MMR/bracket changes I'm content to stay at one Fury cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    meme8370795042_zpsk2qc7xux.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Personally I'm fine with it. I wasn't gonna take a break anyways as I would still have to play for standard PVP event alliance rewards.

The only way I would take a break would be if both season and standard PVP event alliance rewards stopped.

Tl;dr Daken > Nick Fury for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    They're interested in maximizing their revenue. Have any of you been part of a company before? This is just par for the course.
  • daveomite
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    They only listen to metrics, apparently.
    Until a majority stops playing they'll keep considering seasons a success for all the player engagement, bracket changes a success for the rise in shield revenue, so on and so on.

Yrah...agreed. but, us faithful will probably keep pushing for ourselves, or alliances...then D3 will throw in a few more ninja-nerfs, then people will start giving up.....people leaving alliances...and then once it's over, s3.

By that point, I can see a good many of us giving up for at least a while.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think I might have worked out why it seems like the devs don't read the forums - They just don't understand sarcasm! All the posts I'm seeing littered over the forum saying "Season 2, YAY!", maybe they're taking them seriously?
  • daveomite
    edited May 2014
    Options
    bonerang wrote:
    They're interested in maximizing their revenue. Have any of you been part of a company before? This is just par for the course.

I've owned a company for ten years. Even a radio station at one point. So yes, I understand about revenue and methods to get it.

But this is not smart for long term customer retention. Better to give customers a taste, and make them want more of it, than to force feed them.

Eventually, they'll get sick of what your feeding them due to being burnt out on it. When that happens, all bets are off.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pretty stupid of them to just start Season 2 right after Season 1
  • daveomite
    Options
    I think I might have worked out why it seems like the devs don't read the forums - They just don't understand sarcasm! All the posts I'm seeing littered over the forum saying "Season 2, YAY!", maybe they're taking them seriously?

That could be it...lol. its not like they spend enough time on here to realize who's being sarcastic or not.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm trying to tell myself to not try this time. I burnt hp to get rewards I didn't even use right and left. There were maybe 4 tournements.I had any business competing in the last season (which was less than 20 min ago....) And I built a xforce up to 3/2/3 from tournement rewards. So useless.

Plus, I have a feeling they are.going for the whole "never give his cover, BUY MEBUY ME! premium content crud with fury now. HHe won't be "finished" being released until late July.....are you kidding me? Finally have a useful 4****...and it will take 3months to earn him. Oooookkay. Fury is only.for ppl willing to drop 400k iso and 25khp on a single.cover that may or may not be good. Ooookkay. Sigh. I still want him, I just feel my alliance is so beat up from.this last one that we would be lucky to top 200 by the end.

Also, they.need.to.increase reward ranges as more alliances are made. There are now 20k+ alliances and still only 100 uselful reward spots.