SHIELD Season 2 (May 21 - Jun 15)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Immediately starting season - ****?
    Making nick fury be acquired over the course of 3 seasons - ****?

Let's add these to this list of bad decisions right along with taking away guaranteed covers from 10 packs.

TLDR - ****?
  • Unknown
    Options
    So rejoice 2* to 3* transitioners! For your time is now.

No it's not. icon_razz.gif I go into this Season pretty much knowing I don't have much of a shot at doing much in the way of transitioning to a 3* roster. In fact, the only 3*s I know for sure I'll get are the Blue IM40 Progress Reward and any from the Heroic 10-Pack... though last time I only got a Dardevil... icon_e_confused.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1234931504682.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    While I wouldn't object to a Blue Fury, getting the second cover is always much, much less important than getting the first. Getting one lets you use him for essential missions. Getting two lets you get to level 34.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What are the other rewards? More 10 packs of tokens?
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited May 2014
    Options
    prymet1me wrote:

You guys complain about the grind, make an empty threat then go back to grinding. It's like you guys have Stockholm syndrome.

Such a perfect line, I feel the same way. The people that post the most and loudest are the same ones that will grind, shield hop, blow HP, etc all for the chance at the newest character (which will only be supplanted by the next "newest character" in two weeks).

The easiest solution is to play casually, do NOT spend money on the game, stop blowing HP on shields and cover packs and just try to have fun. That way, when the devs do something that pisses the player base off (frequently) you can shrug and say "Meh". The devs don't listen, the devs don't care. The sooner you realize that the happier you will be icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    What's most frustrating is we just saw Demiurge_Will stop in for a few minutes and got no comment or anything from him. I feel like D3 is the anti-social, waterfall model, developers from the early 80's. Maybe we're just spoiled by other f2p companies that actually like to interact with their player base and acknowledge that their grand vision isn't the be all and end all of game development.

Even a shout-out to the alliances in the top 5 would have been nice. Instead, he flits in, sees the season 2 riot, and flits out.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

No it's not. icon_razz.gif I go into this Season pretty much knowing I don't have much of a shot at doing much in the way of transitioning to a 3* roster. In fact, the only 3*s I know for sure I'll get are the Blue IM40 Progress Reward and any from the Heroic 10-Pack... though last time I only got a Dardevil... icon_e_confused.gif

rejoice!

l.png
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If the S2 brackets are done how the PVP brackets are done then I know I'm totally out of luck for trying to be competitive this season. At least I got into a bracket I could compete in and although they changed the formula mid-season and I started having to scratch and claw for top 50 instead of top 5 as I was before, I still held out for a top 50 finish in the season. Now I'll be lucky if I'm top 250.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Making nick fury be acquired over the course of 3 seasons - ****?
    Imo 4-stars are mostly novelty and Nick Fury is no different.

He'll prolly eventually go into rotation like IW and XForce, at which point you can earn him at your leisure.

Top 5 (top 3 in particular) overplayed imo. Top 5 rewards are no better than top 100 rewards.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    What's most frustrating is we just saw Demiurge_Will stop in for a few minutes and got no comment or anything from him. I feel like D3 is the anti-social, waterfall model, developers from the early 80's. Maybe we're just spoiled by other f2p companies that actually like to interact with their player base and acknowledge that their grand vision isn't the be all and end all of game development.

Even a shout-out to the alliances in the top 5 would have been nice. Instead, he flits in, sees the season 2 riot, and flits out.

With the money they are making from the whales why bother interacting with us? I'm sure you see the threads here, they treat this game like crack. They hate it so much but keep playing more and more lol. It's getting hilarious now. I already see it for what it is, the same old copy and paste events. I have been waiting for a new pve event that's NON competitive with a mix up of all enemies with all levels but I see that will never happen, so it is what it is.

I have a bunch of under leveled 3 stars that I will never get to use because tokens suck now and I have too much other things to do besides play a match 3 game on my phone like it's a second job.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

Yes, this exactly. Before Season 1 with my not-quite-yet-leveled 2*s I was consistently placing in the top 50, sometimes in the top 25 and even brushed up against some top 10 finishes in PvP. Now with a solid number of maxed 2*s I'm sure I'm in tougher brackets, but also everyone is piling into every PvP for the season and alliance points even if they don't want or need the 3* reward covers. I'm now lucky if I can break into the top 50 maybe half the time, and it's going to take a long, long time for me to level even a single a 3* character.

At some point I just hope either this will get easier, or eventually I'll get bored with all the grinding for little or no no visible progress and quit. For example now that they're giving out 2* covers like candy maybe make the 600 point progression reward a 3* cover, or give a higher % chance of a 3* from gold tokens. I don't need to feel like I'm progressing at lightning speed, but let me feel like I can make some progress.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

rejoice!

l.png

icon_eek.gif

If it weren't for how the last two PvP Events ended before this, I would probably have a little more hope in being able to use this event to transition to more 3* characters, but I have my serious doubts after them. Krakadoom was just awful. And I really don't have any hope that I would be able to actually get to the 2 3* cover rewards for... probably any of the PvP Events in this season, let alone get enough covers to make it viable to start playing 3* characters more often.

If there's some other way to play these events that would give me a chance at those rewards, I would try it. But right now, it seems the only way is to apparently spend a lot of money/HP on constantly buying Shields and hoping I don't get hit during that one game.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    prymet1me wrote:

You guys complain about the grind, make an empty threat then go back to grinding. It's like you guys have Stockholm syndrome.

Such a perfect line, I feel the same way. The people that post the most and loudest are the same ones that will grind, shield hop, blow HP, etc all for the chance at the newest character (which will only be supplanted by the next "newest character" in two weeks).

The easiest solution is to play casually, do NOT spend money on the game, stop blowing HP on shields and cover packs and just try to have fun. That way, when the devs do something that pisses the player base off (frequently) you can shrug and say "Meh". The devs don't listen, the devs don't care. The sooner you realize that the happier you will be icon_e_wink.gif
    There's nothing cooler than being counterculture; amitrite?
    Statements like these are just as silly and unproductive as empty threat posts you claim to be too-cool-for-school for.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with starting of the season, all I'm seeing is D3 giving a little extra for playing regularly. I'm averaging no more then 400-500 points on pvp event which I only spend a 2-3 hours close to the event end with that little effort I can get to the 10 pack benchmark which is close to 20 dollar in HP I don't have the time or the cover to get to top rewards for pvp events they are giving other ways to get the covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Crazies wrote:
    I don't see anything wrong with starting of the season, all I'm seeing is D3 giving a little extra for playing regularly. I'm averaging no more then 400-500 points on pvp event which I only spend a 2-3 hours close to the event end with that little effort I can get to the 10 pack benchmark which is close to 20 dollar in HP I don't have the time or the cover to get to top rewards for pvp events they are giving other ways to get the covers.

Hey, you're always in my bracket! In fact, my brackets are FULL of you!
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Crazies wrote:

Hey, you're always in my bracket! In fact, my brackets are FULL of you!

..... Uh..... hmm..... Ooooh!

mpBV8Ar.gif
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So are these going to be Season Brackets of Death too?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    prymet1me wrote:

Statements like these are just as silly and unproductive as empty threat posts you claim to be too-cool-for-school for.

Great unproductive post yourself. Nothing either one of said is far from the truth. All the whining about the season start and the grinding and then they go back to grinding.

Well if you keep grinding for that shiny new carrot why complain over and over?
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    prymet1me wrote:
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    prymet1me wrote:

Great unproductive post yourself. Nothing either one of said is far from the truth. All the whining about the season start and the grinding and then they go back to grinding.

Well if you keep grinding for that shiny new carrot why complain over and over?

And your GF is just gonna keep telling you about her day too, these things can not be helped.