SHIELD Season 2 (May 21 - Jun 15)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Here's my gameplan for Season 2:

Try to get to the 600 point Progress Reward 2* character. Either it'll be someone I need or, since that's slowly winding down for me, it'll be 250 Iso-8
    If the higher Placement Rewards are 3* Characters I have more covers for but still need (Like Red/Green Patch, any color Punisher, Hulk, or Mags), then I'll try to earn some of those.
    Do Shield training whenever I'm bored, since the only covers I can actually use are unreachable.

This will mostly be for maxing out one or two more 2* characters, bringing the others up to a decent level if they're needed for events or boosted, and working toward leveling up the 3*s I can. No need for delusions of grandeur.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Crazies wrote:
    I don't see anything wrong with starting of the season, all I'm seeing is D3 giving a little extra for playing regularly. I'm averaging no more then 400-500 points on pvp event which I only spend a 2-3 hours close to the event end with that little effort I can get to the 10 pack benchmark which is close to 20 dollar in HP I don't have the time or the cover to get to top rewards for pvp events they are giving other ways to get the covers.

I averaged 800 points per, and did not get the 10 pack benchmark.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    prymet1me wrote:
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    prymet1me wrote:

You guys complain about the grind, make an empty threat then go back to grinding. It's like you guys have Stockholm syndrome.

Such a perfect line, I feel the same way. The people that post the most and loudest are the same ones that will grind, shield hop, blow HP, etc all for the chance at the newest character (which will only be supplanted by the next "newest character" in two weeks).

The easiest solution is to play casually, do NOT spend money on the game, stop blowing HP on shields and cover packs and just try to have fun. That way, when the devs do something that pisses the player base off (frequently) you can shrug and say "Meh". The devs don't listen, the devs don't care. The sooner you realize that the happier you will be icon_e_wink.gif
    There's nothing cooler than being counterculture; amitrite?
    Statements like these are just as silly and unproductive as empty threat posts you claim to be too-cool-for-school for.

Great unproductive post yourself. Nothing either one of said is far from the truth. All the whining about the season start and the grinding and then they go back to grinding.

Well if you keep grinding for that shiny new carrot why complain over and over?

It's not as easy as that for all cases. It's short sighted to think that it is.

There are alliances. Money was spent to build those, time invested to maintain them, and people in them depending on one another to help each other.

That's a big chunk of the people on here talking, they're not all single players. People in those situations...well, they can certainly quit playing/logging in...but that would then hurt the other 19 in that group. Some have chosen to leave from their alliances at least, allowing that alliance to replace them. It's not always the same everywhere though.

Trust me, both my former alliance and members of Alpha Wolves had an issue where commanders stopped playing/communicating. Commanders cannot be kicked or removed. That was a very big issue for both alliances, and others.

Yes, people are frustrated and venting about it. They have a right to, just as you are entitled to your own opinion. I just think you should know more about the big picture before going off half cocked pointing fingers at anyone saying something negative about the situation.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh forgot about the shield simulator I got to 1000 point over the season 1 time. In the end my season score is 5688 with nothing buy max 1 * covers and some mid level 2 *
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Sample size of 1, but does anyone else think we might be in the same brackets for S2 as we were for S1? I just spotted the winner of my S1 bracket in my S2 and it made me wonder.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dreylin wrote:
    Sample size of 1, but does anyone else think we might be in the same brackets for S2 as we were for S1? I just spotted the winner of my S1 bracket in my S2 and it made me wonder.
    I'm sure there's the usual slight nudging going on.
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

And your GF is just gonna keep telling you about her day too, these things can not be helped.

"These things can not be helped" another perfect line!

Listen, as a community of players I think we are all very frustrated with the shortcomings from D3. We react to these shortcomings in a variety of ways, some people complain, some people complain about the complainers lol. However, I think we can all agree on one thing: Buff Bagman already!! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    no rest for the wicked as they say.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Well poop. Just played one game in the sim to get put in a bracket. Who do I see when I check my rank (2527) ? Riggy. Hey Riggs. Already found a forumite in my bracket and its barely even 3 hrs in. Wonder who else is in my bracket icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    . However, I think we can all agree on one thing: Buff Bagman already!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Buff Bagwell?

th?id=HN.608043060031327666&pid=15.1
  • Unknown
    Options
    Great unproductive post yourself. Nothing either one of said is far from the truth. All the whining about the season start and the grinding and then they go back to grinding.

Well if you keep grinding for that shiny new carrot why complain over and over?[/quote]

It's not as easy as that for all cases. It's short sighted to think that it is.

There are alliances. Money was spent to build those, time invested to maintain them, and people in them depending on one another to help each other.

That's a big chunk of the people on here talking, they're not all single players. People in those situations...well, they can certainly quit playing/logging in...but that would then hurt the other 19 in that group. Some have chosen to leave from their alliances at least, allowing that alliance to replace them. It's not always the same everywhere though.

Trust me, both my former alliance and members of Alpha Wolves had an issue where commanders stopped playing/communicating. Commanders cannot be kicked or removed. That was a very big issue for both alliances, and others.

Yes, people are frustrated and venting about it. They have a right to, just as you are entitled to your own opinion. I just think you should know more about the big picture before going off half cocked pointing fingers at anyone saying something negative about the situation.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Far from half ****, this is all full ****. You guys complain and keep playing. D3 creating alliances was GENIUS, you guys have no choice but to grind away and if you really want to keep up better open up the wallet and put down more green. Honestly their plan was pretty genius if you think about it, this game has smoothly went from casual to a hard core time consuming grind fest for the next shiny new cover to shelve with the other covers you probably are not using.

This forum has made some pretty GREAT suggestions over time to make this game more fun but nope they all are ignored because as you said it, alliances have all you junkies trapped in the crack house and you can't do anything about it.

D3 did an excellent job with the hooks to this game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    Crazies wrote:
    I don't see anything wrong with starting of the season, all I'm seeing is D3 giving a little extra for playing regularly. I'm averaging no more then 400-500 points on pvp event which I only spend a 2-3 hours close to the event end with that little effort I can get to the 10 pack benchmark which is close to 20 dollar in HP I don't have the time or the cover to get to top rewards for pvp events they are giving other ways to get the covers.

Then you must not have played in every event. I think there were more than 10 events, so 500 in each one would be the 5k 10-pack award. If you did 400 in 10 events and worked up to 1k in shield you'd get it as well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:
    Crazies wrote:

Then you must not have played in every event. I think there were more than 10 events, so 500 in each one would be the 5k 10-pack award. If you did 400 in 10 events and worked up to 1k in shield you'd get it as well.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about 2 different things. Crazies meant the 10-pack progression reward, Sweenz was talking about the reward for placing in the top 50.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't think anyone in my bracket managed to hit 3000 in the Season 1 Simulator. It'd be nice if they put some of the more useful progression rewards at a more reasonable level this time around. Oh well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:
    Crazies wrote:

I forgot about the progression award. Thought you were talking about the top 50 award.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:
    Crazies wrote:

I forgot about the progression award. Thought you were talking about the top 50 award.

That's ok, given the number of "I got 10 2*" posts, I think a lot of people tried to forget about the progression award. icon_e_wink.gif
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    While I wouldn't object to a Blue Fury, getting the second cover is always much, much less important than getting the first. Getting one lets you use him for essential missions. Getting two lets you get to level 34.
    Not so unimportant for people who are actually GOING to buy his remaining covers icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Seriously, could someone hack into D3 and bring their servers down for at least 1 week ,please ?
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Carthl wrote:
    What I do care about and what pisses me off is that this means the death brackets will continue. 900 minimum for top 10. 800 for top 50. Damn it all, I was looking forward to maybe getting a few covers here and there if the heavyweights sit out some tourneys with characters they have already maxed, but apparently no such luck.
    So jealous of those sorts of brackets... My last 4 pvp's were 'top 50' with 941, 'top 50' with 1003, 'top 100' with 817, 'top 100' with 880.
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    While I wouldn't object to a Blue Fury, getting the second cover is always much, much less important than getting the first. Getting one lets you use him for essential missions. Getting two lets you get to level 34.
    Not so unimportant for people who are actually GOING to buy his remaining covers icon_e_wink.gif

I am already looking forward to the day I face someone with a 0/0/5 Fury at the max level that many covers lets you get to. Someone will do it. I was facing level 141 max cover Dakens when it was only possible to have won 1/1/1, there are people with more dollars than sense.