SHIELD Season 2 (May 21 - Jun 15)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    God dammit... why? Why? What the hell? I was so happy when I realized I'd slept through the end of Season 1. Why the hell are they jumping right in to Season 2?!
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think they are taking this "strike while the iron is hot" mentality a little to far.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I really want to say some stuff that would probably get me in trouble, so I'll just keep that bit to myself.

And oh boy. Looked at SHIELD Training and I can't use a single one of the covers until the last two. And I already know I'm never getting anywhere close to them. If I do, they'll split up the boards again. At least I already know not to have any hope. icon_razz.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know what i m gonna say is not constructive.. But i really need to let off the steam.. **** D3!!!!!
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Options
    Oh boy can't wait. More death brackets! More losing 100+ points anytime you make a push! You wanted a break instead of constant stress over needing to do well!? TOO BAD!

Welcome to PvP burnout Season 2: Electric Boogaloo!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I went from "yes... season 1 is finally over" to "uuugggghhhhh" in a span of about 1.6 second.s
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I agree the game has become too grindy. ..which is why I don't play as much as I used to and don't care as much as I used to. What I don't understand is the complaints like d3 is forcing you to play the game. If you are tired from grinding in season 1 then here is a clue, DONT GRIND SEASON 2. I am at the point now I could care less if I get the new carrot or not, but all these idle complaints are getting silly.

You guys complain about the grind, make an empty threat then go back to grinding. It's like you guys have Stockholm syndrome.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    This just shows to me that D3 has no understanding of their player base. (Or they do understand and don't care) it's clear that they do not care for our opinions or suggestions. I'm now led to believe that player satisfaction means nothing to them. The turnover with players is a non issue to them...until it affects their bottom line.

This is just piss poor execution in my opinion. D3 are the Lannisters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You don't have to win every season and event you know haha. This scheduling is definitely a pain for those actually pushing to get those high rewards. But let's face it: only the hardest of the hardcore is gonna get those anyway. I'd have to grind everything to death every day. If they didn't schedule this way, only they would win every time. At least now there is a chance some of you will be too tired to do it again giving others a chance, heh
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ya know, no one's forcing you guys to grind. There's no gun to your head saying you must earn Fury. You're only doing this to yourselves and blaming it on the game. The game made me lose sleep! The game made me spend money! Stop playing the victim. Anything you've done in this game is your choice. (Except for which covers drop in your tokens!)
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is just the beginning of the bad stuff. You know that the devs will release Season 3 for Fury's Yellow immediately after Season 2. Looks like they're in for 2 months of grinding...and not the good grinding. Shame...
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm trying to tell myself to not try this time. I burnt hp to get rewards I didn't even use right and left.

Plus, I have a feeling they are.going for the whole "never give his cover, BUY MEBUY ME! premium content crud with fury now.

Also, they.need.to.increase reward ranges as more alliances are made. There are now 20k+ alliances and still only 100 uselful reward spots.

I agree that they should expand the reward ranges in both the player and alliance rewards. Top 150 and top 10. Just a little something...
    I will not fall for the Buy Me Buy Me strategy. I have not spent any money so far and will not spend anything.
    I wonder when will Fury actually be useful since it does not seem like we will have any chances to win enough covers anytime soon.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the majority of us are pretty burnt out at this point, but let's be honest...as much as we all hoped there'd be a "cool-down" period, is anyone really surprised there isn't?

If it wasn't for the issue with the MMR, I don't think it would be that big of a deal - unfortunately MMR is an issue, and it is a big deal.

When 2*->3* are seeing 141-3*'s at 600-700 points, that's a problem.
    When 3* are seeing max rosters at 0 points, that's a problem.

When your most loyal customers are ignored and brushed aside in the chase for that extra dollar - that's a BIG problem, and almost never works.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Ya know, no one's forcing you guys to grind. There's no gun to your head saying you must earn Fury. You're only doing this to yourselves and blaming it on the game. The game made me lose sleep! The game made me spend money! Stop playing the victim. Anything you've done in this game is your choice. (Except for which covers drop in your tokens!)

THIS! THIS! THIS! A Thousand times this!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hoagies and Grinders...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hoagies and Grinders...

Navy beans, navy beans...
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I'm betting on Season 3 going live during Season 2.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Okay, so. I didn't particularly care about season rewards since I'm in a 5 people alliance and any alliance reward covers are not an option anyway. I also don't care that much about them starting S2 right away. I always treated it all as an extra - nice to have, but no skin off if I don't get something either.

What I do care about and what pisses me off is that this means the death brackets will continue. 900 minimum for top 10. 800 for top 50. Damn it all, I was looking forward to maybe getting a few covers here and there if the heavyweights sit out some tourneys with characters they have already maxed, but apparently no such luck.

Well okay, I'm done with this grind. Unless it's one of the 4-5 characters I intend to build as my first 3*, I'll be playing PvP casually to 300 points. That should be enough for a somewhat regular stream of 50 HP from alliance and some token lottery fun.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    scottee wrote:

I'm not even talking about Fury covers. I know I never had a shot at that the moment I wasn't in a 20-Man Alliance.

If you want to earn the 3* characters, you have to grind. If you want to be able to actually improve how you do in Events, you have to grind. That's what this game has turned into. If you don't grind or spend a lot of your money (the main thing it SEEMS like they care about), you will not be able to make progress. That's part of the reason I'm going into this season with the attitude I am: I'm not grinding events. I'm playing the PvP to earn the 300 progress token and maybe the 600 2* character. I know I won't be able to get much more points than that due to constantly getting attacked and hitting that wall where either every match up they give you is for few points or against 3 141 characters. And I know that means I won't be able to earn many 3* characters are Rewards, meaning I won't be able to do better in events.

Like the first PvP event for this season has 3* Daken rewards for the Top 50. I already pretty much know I won't be able to get any of them because it'll be unlikely I even get around 800 points. And if I somehow do, I'll be attacked and lose at least 200 points because I don't have the money to spend to constantly keep myself Shielded.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Season 2? Es verdad?!

Methinks s2 will be where a lot of 141s spend their golden years basking in the sun, not pushing *quite* ad hard and getting pretty much the exact same rewards

As said up there, it only sucks if you let it and I think most people with very strong rosters are pretty much looking forward to these golden years

So rejoice 2* to 3* transitioners! For your time is now.