Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or we are just used to it now that we are numb to it.  I truly feel that what we got for what will be the largest movie of all time, weak.  

-New PVE with nothing special or new about it.
    I think you are underselling the value of a new PVE.
    1. there's new story to read.
    2. there might be more time between repeats of Meet Rocket and Groot in the future.
    3. the event uses characters released in the last year as enemies rather than just variations of the Dark Avengers.
    You might not care about all of these, but it is a more long lasting improvement to the game than limited mini-events like Cinematic Showdowns, Growth Industry, etc.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    What I think some of the vets expect from new PvE are:

1) no placement or time constraint
    2) probably top placement rewards distributed into progression rewards.

Reasonings are:
    Many vets want Gauntlet to be back because there isn't any schedule to adhere to and it's full progression. The con is mainly "poor" rewards.

Let's say if these two new PvEs followed the structure of Gauntlet but the rewards are not up to expectations (probably more CP/LT/4-star covers) or the rewards are similar to Gauntlet, then they will still be unsatisfied. It could then be labeled as a re-skin of Gauntlet.

For some reasons, some of the feedbacks about how unsatisfactory the celebration is, but feedbacks about how to improve the situation are pretty vague and open to interpretation. If some of the vets do not say what kind of improvement they specifically want, then it's up to the devs to interpret based on whatever data and metrics they have. 

For example, bring Gauntlet back with better rewards. Define "better". Will putting 1 or 2 4-star covers make the overall rewards better? Or more LTs or more CPs?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What I think some of the vets expect from new PvE are:

1) no placement or time constraint
    2) probably top placement rewards distributed into progression rewards.

What vets and everyone else expects from new PVEs is:
    Use those millions of 4* chars that have been released in the last 4 years.
    There's zero reason to roll out new events where there is fighting against goons, symbiotes, dark avengers and everyone else who has been used ad infinitum.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    I think after all our complaining they've decided there's no pleasing us so have rolled back any more fun stuff just to spite us.  It's no less than we deserve!
    I know I've kinda been living under a rock the past couple of months, but this round of complaining seems relatively light when I compare to Infinity War.......and I think this was the bigger cinematic event, so expectations and disappointment had a capacity to be at an all-time high. Nothing too crazy outside of the "wow this is underwhelming" or "this is what you guys have been working on all this time?". Seems folks have learned to manage their expectations for the most part. 
    I think the bottom of the barrel in regards to expectation vs reality was busted at Anniversary 2 and you're supposed to lose, any big event that fails to deliver after that is just a meh, same old.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I don’t think there will be any great changes now, not like the large ones we have been anticipating in the past and causes thousands of posts on here. I guess what I’m saying is if you don’t like where the game is currently you are probably best thinking about whether you want to continue or complain your way through the next two years, I really don’t think the will or resources are there to fix this past wiping the slate clean and making MPQ phase 2.

Either log in do your 6+ clears per day as fast as possible or find something else that makes you happy.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby don't think i don't see you posting a required 5* strange event without any feeder details! Your fridge isn't safe from @Nick441234 yet! 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Week 4 is the End, right?  PVP looks like some MCU folks are still being highlighted but I think it's just alphabetical/mixing up PVP a bit.  The PVE after next (Simulator) has no MCU folks being highlighted that I can tell.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nabistay said:
    @Brigby don't think i don't see you posting a required 5* strange event without any feeder details! Your fridge isn't safe from @Nick441234 yet! 
    His fridge is in real danger right now. I might well steal it entirely! I'm so sick of my 2/5/5 Strange.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When’s the next feeder coming Brigby? 🙂
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby is the next feeder.
    Brigby (Site Admin) 4*. Champ rewards update gives Anticipation (Epic) 5*. Covers are:
    Make Them Beg, Green (Passive)
    Trickling Information, Green (7)
    Can’t Please Everyone, Blue (?)
    Don't forget the support: Tuna Melt (200 Rupees) , when supported char makes a match all countdown timers double
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2 more weeks? Wow, will they be as exciting and fun as week 4? /sarcasm

(Sorry, but that was all that came to mind when reading that)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nabistay said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby is the next feeder.
    Brigby (Site Admin) 4*. Champ rewards update gives Anticipation (Epic) 5*. Covers are:
    Make Them Beg, Green (Passive)
    Trickling Information, Green (7)
    Can’t Please Everyone, Blue (?)
    Don't forget the support: Tuna Melt (200 Rupees) , when supported char makes a match all countdown timers double
    If the supported character has a power with Repeater tiles, all enemy teams become Dark Avengers.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nabistay said:
    His fridge is in real danger right now. I might well steal it entirely! I'm so sick of my 2/5/5 Strange.
    That would be Wong of you...

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey look, Hearts of Darkness featuring Dr. Strange as the 5E just started!

Are there any announcements that might be tied to that?  Maybe....?  I hope?

I guess Dr. Strange does like to keep you guessing about where he's going to show up next.  And where you're going to be.