Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nabistay said:
    @Brigby don't think i don't see you posting a required 5* strange event without any feeder details! Your fridge isn't safe from @Nick441234 yet! 
    His fridge is in real danger right now. I might well steal it entirely! I'm so sick of my 2/5/5 Strange.
    My 2/5/5 Strange shares your pain. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Doc Strange also starts with a 2...but then ends in some zeroes. :'(
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Know that feel, bro. 3/0/0 5trange over here. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Know that feel, bro. 3/0/0 5trange over here. 
    Suddenly, my 0/3/1 Dr. Strange is feeling kinda perky! :-/
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Week 5 details?? Wonder who the 5* will be next week 

should really be one of the avengers from endgame that we haven’t already got in the game 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

should really be one of the avengers from endgame that we haven’t already got in the game 
    Two other Marvel games - MSF and MFF - are showing off the same incoming character.  Just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if we get the same person.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:

Two other Marvel games - MSF and MFF - are showing off the same incoming character.  Just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if we get the same person.
    Just googled that...
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 607 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I figured that character for a 4*, I was guessing a new Iron Man for the Endgame 5*. But yeah, could be.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Added details about Hero Points One Shot Sale
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can you add details about week 5? Or is that not happening until Monday?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can you add details about week 5? Or is that not happening until Monday?
    No more details...  It's the ENDGAME. 
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I actually think the Celebration has been fairly good. My only critique would be that for a "celebration", they've been mighty stingy with "extra stuff".

I think we had 1 week of double ISO (only one PVE event if memory serves) and we got a token to a limited vault. That's been it as far "extras" have gone. I guess the "10 days" thing was close to extra login rewards, but, that event seems like an ancient memory now and the Celebration keeps on chugging.

It would have made this feel much more like a celebration if double ISO had lasted through the whole thing or if there additional "daily login" rewards each day during the celebration. 

The ISO req's in the game now are so completely humongous that running double ISO for the whole 4-6 weeks would have been very exciting to the player base. Doing it for 2-3 PVP events and one stinking PVE event just felt really stingy. Given the *huge* ISO req's in the game now, running Double ISO for a longer period probably wouldn't have made one iota of difference in the long-term monetization of the game, so, extending that would have probably just been a win-win for both devs & players.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "and the celebration keeps on chugging"

What celebration is chugging? I'm genuinely curious as for the past two weeks we keep getting updates for this "celebration", but they're just updates to the regular old schedule that has existed for the past two years. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options

What celebration is chugging? I'm genuinely curious as for the past two weeks we keep getting updates for this "celebration", but they're just updates to the regular old schedule that has existed for the past two years. 
    Week one:
    New 41 item vault with a free token. These are a nice hp outlet usually. New background wallpaper (meh)

Week two:
    6 days of double iso. Genuine yay.
    New one node a day event that gives 3 4*'s another genuine yay.
    A new cp store with 3 classic legends tokens and a better chance at 12 specific 4*'s genuine yay. New 50 dollar champion bundle meh. Another 41 item vault with a free token yay. New story event yay. Champion update yay.

Week three
    New supports yay meh.

Week 4
    Another cp store featuring 3 classic legends characters yay. Double hp on a logans loonies purchase meh.

There is new and out of the norm offers so far for the full 4 weeks. Week 2 clearly getting the best goodies so far. 

Instead of claiming they did absolutely nothing the last 2 weeks, how would you reccomend it be better or different?
  • tiomono
    edited May 2019
    Options
    tiomono said:

Instead of claiming they did absolutely nothing the last 2 weeks, how would you reccomend it be better or different?
    Ok. *cracks knuckles*

-Run a Sakaar Event in Lighting Rounds but End Game relevant. Run this for the same time frame you did Sakaar.  

-Update Lighting rounds to make it with End Game characters. (I know crazy. Only been like 4 years since this rotation has been changed. 

-Run a new Boss event like Sin 6 and include The Children of Thanos.  

-Run a new Alliance Raid event based off of End Game. 

-Double Iso in all events including Lighting Rounds 

-The 10 day event, while nice, make this longer with a few sub nodes under each main node.  

-Run a DPD like the 

-Update the 3-5* that are from the MCU with feeders. 

-Update the 3* feeders to remove the duel feeders for 4* to a 4* that doesn’t have a feeder. 

-Update the support tokens and the revamped Support circuit. 

-Update the older PVE to be like Cosmic Chaos has with the 1 time loaner nodes and the single boss node.

-Run the Thanos  Christmas DPD event again (can’t think of it now). 

-Run a Gauntlet End game event.  

How is that for a start? 

I didnt ask you rocket lol. You almost always have suggestions instead of just griping which is actually productive. I like your suggestions. I think at least 1 special event each week would have made it better. I like 41 item vaults, but I like actually playing the game more than opening vaults.

I just get tired of players acting like it's just business as usual. We actually got more than 4 things in this 4 weeks that were not simply business as usual.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I could do with knowing if there’s an alliance event next Thursday as I probably won’t be able to play much due to a hospital appointment 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I could do with knowing if there’s an alliance event next Thursday as I probably won’t be able to play much due to a hospital appointment 
    Almost definitely a boss for almost definitely a 5* release. They could alter things of course, doing a half to full week delay on the new character in order to get the rotation back to what it was, and I would personally be happy with a little more time to hoard, but we more than likely have a boss on the 16th.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:

Ok. *cracks knuckles*

-Run a Sakaar Event in Lighting Rounds but End Game relevant. Run this for the same time frame you did Sakaar.  

-Update Lighting rounds to make it with End Game characters. (I know crazy. Only been like 4 years since this rotation has been changed. 

-The 10 day event, while nice, make this longer with a few sub nodes under each main node.  

-Run a DPD like the 

-Update the 3* feeders to remove the duel feeders for 4* to a 4* that doesn’t have a feeder. 

-Update the older PVE to be like Cosmic Chaos has with the 1 time loaner nodes and the single boss node.

How is that for a start? 

I didnt ask you rocket lol. You almost always have suggestions instead of just griping which is actually productive. I like your suggestions. I think at least 1 special event each week would have made it better. I like 41 item vaults, but I like actually playing the game more than opening vaults.

I just get tired of players acting like it's just business as usual. We actually got more than 4 things in this 4 weeks that were not simply business as usual.

Sorry I may have had a bit much whiskey last night. I know you were not directing it to me but I always see this “well suggest something” comment and It kinda pisses me off at times because we do suggest and it falls on deaf ears.  It’s this the kicker though, I was beyond in the bag last night and this is what I came up with in my drunken stupor. I don’t think that these type of events I listed would be that hard at all.  Again, what we got isn’t as bad as Infinity War was but could have been so much more and what most of us were hoping for.  
  • tiomono
    Options
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:

Ok. *cracks knuckles*

-Run a DPD like the 

How is that for a start? 

Sorry I may have had a bit much whiskey last night. I know you were not directing it to me but I always see this “well suggest something” comment and It kinda pisses me off at times because we do suggest and it falls on deaf ears.  It’s this the kicker though, I was beyond in the bag last night and this is what I came up with in my drunken stupor. I don’t think that these type of events I listed would be that hard at all.  Again, what we got isn’t as bad as Infinity War was but could have been so much more and what most of us were hoping for.  
    No need to apologize. You clearly have a passion for this game. To me there is a big difference from someone expressing disappointment that we didnt get more, to someone just saying the dev's did nothing.

I don't drink and I still get wound up when i see certain types of comments. And i agree what you listed would of been great. I also don't think that our forum rants fall on deaf ears though. We may not get everything we think that would be great but they do continue to try to give us new stuff. Or solutions to stuff we ask for.

One of the largest gripes I see thrown at them is dillution. They have added many more special stores to allow easier access to classic 5*'s. That may not be what people want specifically as a solution, but it is an attempt to address the complaint.

Another complaint is people wanting "new" content, not the same old recycled stories. They respond by giving new types of events which get lambasted for various reasons. So they fall back on the proven event style while simply plugging in new story lines. Then people blast them for going through the motions. And the vets don't even read the stories because they gotta hit that placement.

We blasted them over infinity war. Too little content for a huge marvel event. They stepped it up a bit for endgame. But still get blasted for "doing nothing more than the status quo". Which is an obvious and unfair exaggeration. It's a viscous cycle where I feel the devs are trying, but it's obviously impossible to please everyone.