Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    Options
    tiomono said:
    "and the celebration keeps on chugging"

What celebration is chugging? I'm genuinely curious as for the past two weeks we keep getting updates for this "celebration", but they're just updates to the regular old schedule that has existed for the past two years. 
    Week one:
    New 41 item vault with a free token. These are a nice hp outlet usually. New background wallpaper (meh)

Week two:
    6 days of double iso. Genuine yay.
    New one node a day event that gives 3 4*'s another genuine yay.
    A new cp store with 3 classic legends tokens and a better chance at 12 specific 4*'s genuine yay. New 50 dollar champion bundle meh. Another 41 item vault with a free token yay. New story event yay. Champion update yay.

Week three
    New supports yay meh.

Week 4
    Another cp store featuring 3 classic legends characters yay. Double hp on a logans loonies purchase meh.

There is new and out of the norm offers so far for the full 4 weeks. Week 2 clearly getting the best goodies so far. 

Instead of claiming they did absolutely nothing the last 2 weeks, how would you reccomend it be better or different?
    That's okay, I'll pass. Offered up suggestions many times in the past. Not every complaint needs an essay behind it, just like not every complaint needs to be responded with heroic defense, especially for these last two weeks. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    The Antman and Wasp event shows a few things they could have done to make this one stand out a little more.  I like seeing a new PVE, if for no other reason than reducing the frequency of some of the ones I especially don't like.  I did like the MCU Showdown event, which I suppose technically was a way to giveaway 3 4* covers to anyone with a decent roster.  The CP Store with 50/50 weighting was kind of a nice thing that is unusual, and 41 item vaults are pretty uncommon.  

Another idea I haven't seen (I think) would be/have been to make a nice vault with more 4's in it and give out special Endgame tokens from all events for a week (say, the events running between Ronin and New 5) that pulled from it.

I am a bit baffled about the fact that Strange is a 5E again, seemingly a sure sign a feeder was planned.  My guess now is that they had him set as 5E in the schedule (getting events ready to go) and then decided to delay the feeder for....reasons?  To make something out of week 6?  To space out the rewards better for their budget?

There's no update yet for Week 5, which will probably largely focus on the new 5*character, Person Who Made their MCU debut in Endgame (2 choices there).  Then week 6 gets to be a thing with the Strange feeder.  Hopefully another surprise lurks.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tiomono said:

What celebration is chugging? I'm genuinely curious as for the past two weeks we keep getting updates for this "celebration", but they're just updates to the regular old schedule that has existed for the past two years. 
    Week one:
    New 41 item vault with a free token. These are a nice hp outlet usually. New background wallpaper (meh)

Week two:
    A new cp store with 3 classic legends tokens and a better chance at 12 specific 4*'s genuine yay. New 50 dollar champion bundle meh. Another 41 item vault with a free token yay. New story event yay. Champion update yay.

Week three
    New supports yay meh.

Week 4
    Another cp store featuring 3 classic legends characters yay. Double hp on a logans loonies purchase meh.

There is new and out of the norm offers so far for the full 4 weeks. Week 2 clearly getting the best goodies so far. 

Instead of claiming they did absolutely nothing the last 2 weeks, how would you reccomend it be better or different?
    That's okay, I'll pass. Offered up suggestions many times in the past. Not every complaint needs an essay behind it, just like not every complaint needs to be responded with heroic defense, especially for these last two weeks. 
    agreed.  and what are we supposed to do, copy and paste the same suggestions over and over, when they don't listen or implement them?  look at the post from rocket.  all good ideas, all variations or exact suggestions from over the years.  none done. 

this kind of "oh, you are just complaining without suggesting anything, so it doesn't have any merit" attitude is worse then the devs, imo.  at least the devs are getting paid and putting out a product.  posting on the forums about how happy you are with the things you aren't getting is just weird to me.  i mean, lets look at the things on offer.

things that we have seen before;
    vault with free token
    double iso for 2 pve and 3 pvp
    cp store with older 5*
    increased odds on 12 specific 4* in a cp store
    cover bundle for practically the price of a console game
    another vault with free token
    new pve
    new 5* feeder
    supports
    cp store with older 5*
    logan loonies sale bump

things that we havent seen before
    new 1-a-day node event with great 4* rewards(barely a new thing, we have seen this variation before, but i will keep it down here because it had really good rewards, which is unusual and different for them)

now that i typed it out, i've changed my mind a little.  since they just keep copying and pasting old things into the game, then i will go ahead and save a comment with my complaints, so that i can just copy and paste it every time lol

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:

Week one:

Week two:

Week three
    New supports yay meh.

Week 4

agreed.  and what are we supposed to do, copy and paste the same suggestions over and over, when they don't listen or implement them?  look at the post from rocket.  all good ideas, all variations or exact suggestions from over the years.  none done. 

this kind of "oh, you are just complaining without suggesting anything, so it doesn't have any merit" attitude is worse then the devs, imo.  at least the devs are getting paid and putting out a product.  posting on the forums about how happy you are with the things you aren't getting is just weird to me.  i mean, lets look at the things on offer.

things that we have seen before;
    vault with free token
    double iso for 2 pve and 3 pvp
    cp store with older 5*
    increased odds on 12 specific 4* in a cp store
    cover bundle for practically the price of a console game
    another vault with free token
    new pve
    new 5* feeder
    supports
    cp store with older 5*
    logan loonies sale bump

things that we havent seen before
    new 1-a-day node event with great 4* rewards(barely a new thing, we have seen this variation before, but i will keep it down here because it had really good rewards, which is unusual and different for them)

now that i typed it out, i've changed my mind a little.  since they just keep copying and pasting old things into the game, then i will go ahead and save a comment with my complaints, so that i can just copy and paste it every time lol

It went further than not suggesting things. It flat out said they did nothing, which is not true. But I don't want to start some flame war so I will back off. Sorry for ruffling people's feathers.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish we'd get an update on who the feeder for the 5* is. That Strange blue cover in the HFH store is looking at me! 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wish we'd get an update on who the feeder for the 5* is. That Strange blue cover in the HFH store is looking at me! 

I keep forgetting, it still hasn't been confirmed who the next champion rewards update will feed.
    It could still be Banner!

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said we have 2 more weeks of endgame celebrations 

it’s now Sunday so we are in week 5 but no updates? 

Are we getting anything else or is that it now?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Brigby said we have 2 more weeks of endgame celebrations 

it’s now Sunday so we are in week 5 but no updates? 

Are we getting anything else or is that it now?
    A new 5 is probably the highlight. If you look hard there may be some MCU essentials and PVPs.

Oh, maybe some costumes. Haven’t seen those yet in Endgamebration. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HP sale is over.  Iso-8 sale is live.  ...  .. . 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    The AMAZING celebration continues!
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas said:

Ha I thought you were sending Morse code at the end there.  Endgame celebration ... - - -  ... someone needs to Rescue this... 
  • tiomono
    Options
    Can we at least let them put out week 5 details before roasting week 5?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

If any of Rockett's suggestions even come mildly close to being put into the game, then I'll happily rescind and edit my earlier mild roasting...

I don't think I'll need to edit. 

• tiomono
    Options
    Punter1 said:

If any of Rockett's suggestions even come mildly close to being put into the game, then I'll happily rescind and edit my earlier mild roasting...

I don't think I'll need to edit. 

Probably not lol. I just hope it's even remotely close to week 2.
  • pheregas
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    pheregas said:

Ha I thought you were sending Morse code at the end there.  Endgame celebration ... - - -  ... someone needs to Rescue this... 
    I see what you did there.  :smile:

No...  Those dots were things puttering out.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    App store notes confirm Rescue is inbound.
  • pheregas
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    App store notes confirm Rescue is inbound.
    I love that the tech notes reference an MPQ 178 thread that doesn't yet exist.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sneaky update is sneaky.... 

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SQUEEEEEEEEE! RESCUE! <3