Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Made Man pvp is giving Winter Soldier in placement? Again? Didnt we just have WS in placement... And are playing him now in fact? (Not that i can place well enough to earn a 4*, so what do i care, i know, but still)
    I thought the same thing.....Although we are, I believe, in his range of rewards (the 4's progress alphabetically) so maybe it's just random that his actual reward timing is happening now.
    . If he was coming up anyway why didnt they just coordinate accordingly? There are plenty of other avengers or endgame related chatacters who could have had an out of turn turn, rather than him having 2 turns... Again, not that it matters a lot, but still... logic!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Made Man pvp is giving Winter Soldier in placement? Again? Didnt we just have WS in placement... And are playing him now in fact? (Not that i can place well enough to earn a 4*, so what do i care, i know, but still)
    I thought the same thing.....Although we are, I believe, in his range of rewards (the 4's progress alphabetically) so maybe it's just random that his actual reward timing is happening now.
    . If he was coming up anyway why didnt they just coordinate accordingly? There are plenty of other avengers or endgame related chatacters who could have had an out of turn turn, rather than him having 2 turns... Again, not that it matters a lot, but still... logic!
    Of course, you make an excellent point.....I have no answers, just offering the best explanation I can come up with.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Wheres this 5* feeder? No doubt waiting for the Strange HFH offer to run out before announcing. 
    I just realized that I don't need to buy Strange's blue cover (my 13th and only color needed) as I will get one in 40 days from Shield Resupply.  I was really on the verge of having to decide whether or not to put down 250 CP until I happened to look at the next 100 day supply list!  I would be really ticked off if I bought that cover and then they announce Strange feeder and it was someone who could have given me that cover without spending CP!
    Honestly, I see no reason other than meta characters to ever invest that much CP into a HfH 5. Even conversion covers. I have a 3 to 1 Doc Ock to champ him, but what's the point? A 435 Doc is about the same as a 450. Only benefit is power changing. 
    Normally I would agree but Strange is a monster against goons. Makes boring events like Honor Among Thieves a little less of a depressing experience. 

Truth to that, but do you have a viable kitty and Grocket? If so, then 3strange works just as well.

The idea of having a better 5* strange despite that is nice and all, but the effect is still the same using his 3.

I dunno, he's a great five, but has an OML feeling to him. You put him up in pvp and that's an auto hit for me.

Plus you have the shield resupply, congrats on that. My yellow is coming up in about a month. Though despite the fabled feeder we might get, he'll still only be 5 (+1)/3/4...so not champed but enough for the featured 5.
    My Kitty isn't really usable yet. The 5* version of Strange obviously hits much harder than the 3* version and when playing in CL9 the 3* version definitely wouldn't get it done against goons with 90K+ health. For me at least, if it was the 13th cover, I do think its worth buying. I'd never use him in PVP, or in fights that dont have goons, but he gets enough use elsewhere to make it worth having him. As I do have the final cover coming up in resupply I obviously wouldn't be buying it now. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Wheres this 5* feeder? No doubt waiting for the Strange HFH offer to run out before announcing. 
    I just realized that I don't need to buy Strange's blue cover (my 13th and only color needed) as I will get one in 40 days from Shield Resupply.  I was really on the verge of having to decide whether or not to put down 250 CP until I happened to look at the next 100 day supply list!  I would be really ticked off if I bought that cover and then they announce Strange feeder and it was someone who could have given me that cover without spending CP!
    Honestly, I see no reason other than meta characters to ever invest that much CP into a HfH 5. Even conversion covers. I have a 3 to 1 Doc Ock to champ him, but what's the point? A 435 Doc is about the same as a 450. Only benefit is power changing. 
    Normally I would agree but Strange is a monster against goons. Makes boring events like Honor Among Thieves a little less of a depressing experience. 

Truth to that, but do you have a viable kitty and Grocket? If so, then 3strange works just as well.

The idea of having a better 5* strange despite that is nice and all, but the effect is still the same using his 3.

I dunno, he's a great five, but has an OML feeling to him. You put him up in pvp and that's an auto hit for me.

Plus you have the shield resupply, congrats on that. My yellow is coming up in about a month. Though despite the fabled feeder we might get, he'll still only be 5 (+1)/3/4...so not champed but enough for the featured 5.
    My Kitty isn't really usable yet. The 5* version of Strange obviously hits much harder than the 3* version and when playing in CL9 the 3* version definitely wouldn't get it done against goons with 90K+ health. For me at least, if it was the 13th cover, I do think its worth buying. I'd never use him in PVP, or in fights that dont have goons, but he gets enough use elsewhere to make it worth having him. As I do have the final cover coming up in resupply I obviously wouldn't be buying it now. 
    a 450 Strange does about 6K damage, I think 3* Strange does 3k or something.
    That difference is completely negligible against 90K goons - Okoye is the damage dealer, with either Strange.
    3* Strange might be even better since he doesn't tank anything.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Warbringa said:

That difference is completely negligible against 90K goons - Okoye is the damage dealer, with either Strange.
    Every single character in the game benefits from Okoye. My 3* Strange isn't doing 40K damage with just a few teamups in the tank. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* star strange real value is his auto fire passive. symbiotic,mindless,sentry really any goon can spam cds faster than most player Ateams.   Matchups like 3 mindless are really made for DS 5
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Strange when boosted will get used over my champed 5* for the heal alone. 
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Phumade said:
    5* star strange real value is his auto fire passive. symbiotic,mindless,sentry really any goon can spam cds faster than most player Ateams.   Matchups like 3 mindless are really made for DS 5
    3* doesn't autofire?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Phumade said:
    3* doesn't autofire?
    It does, but it does not have the secondary AP based nuke component, instead it has a team heal passive attached. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Warbringa said:

Every single character in the game benefits from Okoye. My 3* Strange isn't doing 40K damage with just a few teamups in the tank. 
     Ot true. We’re re in the middle of Simulator with Talos required. None of his powers deal damage, so Okoye can’t boost them. Same with Emma Frost. Can’t remember all with no actual damage dealing, but there are some.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof said:

Great for pairing with Okoye/Medusa, not great when pairing with Okoye/Thor.  Each has their place. :smile:
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    My health pools are big enough that the heal components are nonessential  surplus.  For my roster health isn’t really a concern.  Really the only thing that can beat most 5* teams is when the opp can spam powers faster than you can end a match.  DS5 is the ultimate counter to fast spammers like HE5
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Oh great, another newer 5* given a feeder. Would be incredibly nice to finish some of the older ones devs! My Dr Strange has probably sat at 2/5/5 for a year now with no way to get that final cover other than through RNG. I pull from classics regularly and in a year still haven't got lucky. All the older 5*s NEED feeders too! 
    Who said that was the only "feeder" we're doing this celebration? ;)
    We are still waiting .... and the celebration is almost over
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WEBGAS said:
    Brigby said:
    Oh great, another newer 5* given a feeder. Would be incredibly nice to finish some of the older ones devs! My Dr Strange has probably sat at 2/5/5 for a year now with no way to get that final cover other than through RNG. I pull from classics regularly and in a year still haven't got lucky. All the older 5*s NEED feeders too! 
    My goodness, if every 5 got a feeder I think that would reinvigorate my gameplay so much!  As of right now I've just written off my non-champed classic 5s.  Heck, if every 5 got a feeder once they hit classic and keeping the recent three LT-only would be awesome.  
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    pheregas said:
    WEBGAS said:
    Brigby said:
    My goodness, if every 5 got a feeder I think that would reinvigorate my gameplay so much!  As of right now I've just written off my non-champed classic 5s.  Heck, if every 5 got a feeder once they hit classic and keeping the recent three LT-only would be awesome.  
    You'll get one more feeder at the last possible date, Friday of week 6 of this incredibly drawn out "celebration".
    Brigby can't tell us right now cause reasons.
    Hint: keeping stuff secret only makes sense if it blows people away.
    THIS celebration could have been announced on day 1 of week one.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Watch Hulk buster feed Rescue.  

The 3-5* that got feeders soon after they were released were:

Loki:   Not good 

Wasp:  Made a whole new tier (trash tier) and has it to herself.

Cap Marvel:  Miss Repeater

All of them are meh to trash.  Pots is in that tier so it would not surprise me at all if they would do this.  
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Looking through the existing 4s, there's no one else logical to feed Rescue.  My guesses for feeders are:

Kingpin - Miles Morales
    Cable - Bishop
    Dr. Strange - Mordo
    Kitty Pryde - Emma Frost
    Archangel - Prof X
    Gambit - Rogue
    GED - Invis. Woman
    Hela - Thor
    Rescue - Iron Man.

That being said, I only a expect feeder for Strange.  Rescue would be a surprise, and no one else has ties to Endgame
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,508 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yasuru said:
    Looking through the existing 4s, there's no one else logical to feed Rescue.  My guesses for feeders are:

Kingpin - Miles Morales
    Cable - Bishop
    Dr. Strange - Mordo
    Kitty Pryde - Emma Frost
    Archangel - Prof X
    Gambit - Rogue
    GED - Invis. Woman
    Hela - Thor
    Rescue - Iron Man.

That being said, I only a expect feeder for Strange.  Rescue would be a surprise, and no one else has ties to Endgame
    I know he's easy to forget, but the 5* Hulk also does not have a Feeder.  Cho would be the obvious pick for him since MEH feeds Loki.  Red Hulk could also feed him, as could theoretically IMHB.
    There are tons and tons of options for Kitty, Gambit, and Archangel above.   Honestly, the best choice of Kitty would probably be Magik or Nightcrawler, as they were closest to her in the X-Men.  She also dated Star Lord recently, but they tend to go with more classic links.  Gambit has Rogue, of course, Archangel doesn't really have anyone extremely close (I think he and Psylocke dated, but she's a 3*,) but any of the X-Men will do.
    We'll probably see a feeder for Strange for Endgame, though the Hulk is also possible.  I hope they'll tie the Hulk feeder with his rework - he so, so desperately needs one - he is easily the worst 5* out there.  Yes, including the Wasp.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am betting it will be a Rescue feeder when she goes live in tokens.  Probably IMHB, would be the best bet. 
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Damn, I did miss Hulk.  I'd rather Red Hulk feed him than Cho, but whatever...  IMHB feeding Rescue would make me really happy as I am one IMHB cover short of 5 feeds.