Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For some reason I just don't see her as a 5* level char.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wheres this 5* feeder? No doubt waiting for the Strange HFH offer to run out before announcing. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,270 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel they strongly underestimate how much we care about 5* feeders... seriously, JUST TELL US ALREADY.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Wheres this 5* feeder? No doubt waiting for the Strange HFH offer to run out before announcing. 
    I just realized that I don't need to buy Strange's blue cover (my 13th and only color needed) as I will get one in 40 days from Shield Resupply.  I was really on the verge of having to decide whether or not to put down 250 CP until I happened to look at the next 100 day supply list!  I would be really ticked off if I bought that cover and then they announce Strange feeder and it was someone who could have given me that cover without spending CP!
  • Nick441234
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    I just realized that I don't need to buy Strange's blue cover (my 13th and only color needed) as I will get one in 40 days from Shield Resupply.  I was really on the verge of having to decide whether or not to put down 250 CP until I happened to look at the next 100 day supply list!  I would be really ticked off if I bought that cover and then they announce Strange feeder and it was someone who could have given me that cover without spending CP!
    Thats why I'm desperately trying to hold off. I need the blue to champ him, but a feeder would most likely give me that blue. I dont want to waste that 250cp. 

*EDIT: I think I love you dude! I just checked the Shield resupply out of curiosity. I have a Strange blue coming up in 15 days!  :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As opposed to Spear Girl, Who?!?!? and Ghost Reyes?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nor do I see Juggernaut as a 1* character but that * level being linked to conceptual power level ship sailed a long time ago. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,509 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She wasn't that central a character in the movie, to be sure.  Sure, she was important, but she didn't get much screen time (soooooo many characters in that movie, and they rightly focused on the original Avengers.)

The flip side of that is she is, quite literally, the only real character who appeared in Endgame that isn't already in the game.  It was either Pepper or else a 5* version of a character we already have (Scarlet Witch?  She also barely appeared in the movie.  Everybody else has a 4* or higher version already and I don't think we really want a 5*... say War Machine.)
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Honestly, I see no reason other than meta characters to ever invest that much CP into a HfH 5. Even conversion covers. I have a 3 to 1 Doc Ock to champ him, but what's the point? A 435 Doc is about the same as a 450. Only benefit is power changing. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    She wasn't that central a character in the movie, to be sure.  Sure, she was important, but she didn't get much screen time (soooooo many characters in that movie, and they rightly focused on the original Avengers.)

The flip side of that is she is, quite literally, the only real character who appeared in Endgame that isn't already in the game.  It was either Pepper or else a 5* version of a character we already have (Scarlet Witch?  She also barely appeared in the movie.  Everybody else has a 4* or higher version already and I don't think we really want a 5*... say War Machine.)
    I do want 5* versions of Bucky and Sam, but I'd rather they wait until their show, rather than tying them in to a movie where they barely showed up.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pepper is a bookend  appearing in the first and last of the 22 movies, seems reasonable to me.
  • Nick441234
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Honestly, I see no reason other than meta characters to ever invest that much CP into a HfH 5. Even conversion covers. I have a 3 to 1 Doc Ock to champ him, but what's the point? A 435 Doc is about the same as a 450. Only benefit is power changing. 
    Normally I would agree but Strange is a monster against goons. Makes boring events like Honor Among Thieves a little less of a depressing experience. 
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Normally I would agree but Strange is a monster against goons. Makes boring events like Honor Among Thieves a little less of a depressing experience. 

Truth to that, but do you have a viable kitty and Grocket? If so, then 3strange works just as well.

The idea of having a better 5* strange despite that is nice and all, but the effect is still the same using his 3.

I dunno, he's a great five, but has an OML feeling to him. You put him up in pvp and that's an auto hit for me.

Plus you have the shield resupply, congrats on that. My yellow is coming up in about a month. Though despite the fabled feeder we might get, he'll still only be 5 (+1)/3/4...so not champed but enough for the featured 5.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Can we at least let them put out week 5 details before roasting week 5?
    We got it, time to roast.

ETA: CW boss event is great but there is zero reason to call that part of a celebration. Likewise an iso "sale" or new 5* introduction. 
    I'm not even gonna disagree lol. Preheat that oven and go man go.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    1320 iso for one dollar is their idea of a sale.

Edit: that's about 7 levels on a 2 star character for 1 dollar.

Can someone get me a gif of J.J.J. laughing at Peter for me. I'm insert inept from my cellphone. Thank you @ursopro.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Made Man pvp is giving Winter Soldier in placement? Again? Didnt we just have WS in placement... And are playing him now in fact? (Not that i can place well enough to earn a 4*, so what do i care, i know, but still)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Made Man pvp is giving Winter Soldier in placement? Again? Didnt we just have WS in placement... And are playing him now in fact? (Not that i can place well enough to earn a 4*, so what do i care, i know, but still)
    I thought the same thing.....Although we are, I believe, in his range of rewards (the 4's progress alphabetically) so maybe it's just random that his actual reward timing is happening now.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Added link to Rescue (Pepper Potts)'s full character details