Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Re:  The ST person who wasn't in tokens...that was MEH and maybe one other one.  It seems like that was just very poor planning and they have avoided that since.

PLEASE tell me that Week 4 will not feature any 4* Guardian PVPs.  Although Star Lord and Drax are definitely the second stringers in the game, I just don't care to see any more Grittys with boosted strikes for a while.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Re:  The ST person who wasn't in tokens...that was MEH and maybe one other one.  It seems like that was just very poor planning and they have avoided that since.

PLEASE tell me that Week 4 will not feature any 4* Guardian PVPs.  Although Star Lord and Drax are definitely the second stringers in the game, I just don't care to see any more Grittys with boosted strikes for a while.

With 4* Rocket & Groot boosted at the end of the week, you can safely assume there will be plenty of Gritty out there regardless of who is the featured PvP essential. Forgot I was going to schedule my vacation for Grocket's boost week.. I'll save it for Bishop I guess.
  • bluewolf
    edited May 2019
    Options
    At first I thought, "Oh, Rocket is boosted but at least it'll just be one PVP at the end of the season."

But now I'm worried that since we are in the "Endgamebration" we will get a couple of character specific PVPs that tie into the MCU vs the random off season PVPs with their own boosts lists.

Edit:  I was reminded that Ronin is the first off season PVP.....So yeah. That one sounds awful next to Gritty with boosted Rocket and attack tile auto-generation.

The PVPain continues, then.....
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    At least there'll be an end to these boosted Medusas! I reckon i've spent a fortune already on skipping them...

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wonder who the next essential classic 5*  will be 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Phoenix should be up next, but if they want to keep with the Endgame theme, then maybe 5BW and one of the Caps will round out the last week of the celebration.  They are all coming up soon in the schedule, so they would need to move them up a bit.  (or they could insert a couple people and interrupt the rotation for a week)
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Phoenix should be up next, but if they want to keep with the Endgame theme, then maybe 5BW and one of the Caps will round out the last week of the celebration.  They are all coming up soon in the schedule, so they would need to move them up a bit.  (or they could insert a couple people and interrupt the rotation for a week)
    That’s great I have 13 covers or more for both of those so I’ll champ them as soon as they are essential 🙂
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options

Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    Oh great, another newer 5* given a feeder. Would be incredibly nice to finish some of the older ones devs! My Dr Strange has probably sat at 2/5/5 for a year now with no way to get that final cover other than through RNG. I pull from classics regularly and in a year still haven't got lucky. All the older 5*s NEED feeders too! 
    Who said that was the only "feeder" we're doing this celebration? ;)
    Still waiting..... 

If its not Strange, I'm going to hunt you down and unplug your fridge so all your food goes off!  :D
    That's ok. I have 200 rupees. I'd just go buy a tuna melt. :D
    Brigby is an MPQ player, the only way to strike fear into his heart would be to spend his CP...
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    That’s great I have 13 covers or more for both of those so I’ll champ them as soon as they are essential 🙂
    Bluewolf was right, 5* Black Widow confirmed by Brigby in the May preview post.
    @turbomoose
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As we are finishing up the third week of the "Celebration," any chance that we are going to get info today on that second 5* feeder that you hinted at previously @Brigby?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Odds are pretty decent they'll announce Monday and the update will happen Friday.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    >>fingers crossed<< 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An update, mostly just showing the Versus events for next week, but also throwing in a 5* store preview. Well, it has Hawkeye at least? Guess we’ll have to wait for Monday/Tuesday to learn what the Story is. Boss event for Thanos sound about right, or will that be for the 5* in 2 weeks?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First of all, I'd like to say thank you, for the free login 3*Spidey cover. :)
    Secondly, I'd like to say to thank you for the upcoming Legendary Store info. We don't usually get such advanced notice, and its really appreciated! :smiley:

With that said, I must say week 4 seems really underwhelming so far. Nothing exciting or even out of the ordinary seems to be happening... but, I guess we'll see if anything else gets added in??? (Yay optimism.)

What I don't quite get, and is somewhat surprising is the lack of offers? Not that long ago, we've been bombarded with deal after deal, bundle after bundle, when there was nothing else going on, but now that there is, there are no tie-in purchases, offers, bundles or whatever. Not even costumes. Its just strange is all, from a business sense...

And speaking of costumes, I've been thinking, and it just seems such a wasted opportunity not doing a team costume type thing. Perhaps I should have put this in suggestions, but Endgame would make multiple character costumes the most perfect opportunity! 
    Without any spoilers... there is a point in the film where they all wear a White-ish Uniform Costume (sort of). And I think it would have been great to make those costumes in the game for those characters. There's only about 8 of them or so, and how cool would it be to assemble your own avengers team, all in white. (Across all *-tiers at that!)
     And for once maybe we could have earned these, actually earned them (not buy them), in like a cinema showdown type of node per day event. It would give a film related little something extra fun to do, but as its only aesthetic no-one would really loose out either if they weren't able to get them all... Anyway just a thought, for next time perhaps.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Odds are pretty decent they'll announce Monday and the update will happen Friday.
    It's Monday and I be like hitting F5 on this thread hourly.  :)
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    pheregas said:
    JHawkInc said:
    It's Monday and I be like hitting F5 on this thread hourly.  :)
    Hello everyone waiting for new news! 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think after all our complaining they've decided there's no pleasing us so have rolled back any more fun stuff just to spite us.  It's no less than we deserve!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    I think after all our complaining they've decided there's no pleasing us so have rolled back any more fun stuff just to spite us.  It's no less than we deserve!
    I know I've kinda been living under a rock the past couple of months, but this round of complaining seems relatively light when I compare to Infinity War.......and I think this was the bigger cinematic event, so expectations and disappointment had a capacity to be at an all-time high. Nothing too crazy outside of the "wow this is underwhelming" or "this is what you guys have been working on all this time?". Seems folks have learned to manage their expectations for the most part.