Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m not sure why everyone assumes that they should/would only release Shield Training with characters you have fully covered. 

Occasionally you you might not get to grab the next 4* from Shield and have to wait until they are dropped as a reward. It doesn’t seem like a huge injustice to me. I have missed my fair share of them too, mostly thanks to them using old rubbish 4*s that I haven’t bothered champing yet. You can’t please everyone.

It must get frustrating for them when they do communicate and then it is thrown in their face when they don’t disclose every single detail behind every decision. Perhaps they don’t even know why, or even get to choose. My guess is there is some metric that determines which required characters will drive revenue and those get prioritized more often. It only makes sense.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    I’m not sure why everyone assumes that they should/would only release Shield Training with characters you have fully covered. 
    I don't think anyone believes that. If S.H.I.E.L.D. Training required a vintage 4* character I'd ignored, that'd be on me. But by requiring a very new 4* character ~95% of the time, they are forcing players to heavily invest in every new release in order to meet the requirements on time. This excludes most players. And I don't think it has the effect they believe it does.
  • jp1
    Options
    By requiring Magik they will likely hope to get some packs purchased from folks who didn’t get her covered quite enough yet. I understand people may not want to invest their resources, BH, or extra efforts into covering the new 4s. However, if you are aware that they will be required ~95% of the time and you choose not to chase them as much, I’d argue that is also on you.

There are many things I’d love changed about the game myself. I certainly don’t support every decision they make. In fact it feels like they look at my roster, find one of my 20ish 4s that haven’t been champed and choose them specifically, even though it’s a ridiculous notion. It’s just luck of the draw. 

At some point we have to accept that they are going to need to run things like a business and some of those decisions just won’t be in our favor. They must be making money from choosing the new releases, I can assure you it isn’t just an effort to piss people off. Making money keeps the game around longer. It’s a minor inconvenience in this instance in my opinion that could be looked at as a bonus when it works in your favor rather than a right they are infringing upon when it doesn’t. 

To be fair, I would love to see it go the same way as you. I just don’t think it’s going to change any time soon.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh boy, first Magik for Shield Training and then seeing Elektra and Patch are locked out for Cinema Showdown against Kacellious! Lol, guess it is our day to get trolled.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Week 4 hopefully will be decent, aside from the one node per day thing I don’t think it’s met expectations after last years IW release. Feels like treading water.

Rinse and repeat.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far this thread has 21K views vs the 69 for the podcast, every player should probably be listening to the recent interview with Demiurge.  So I'm cross posting it here since it's relevant to the Endgame plans etc.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78178/puzzle-warriors-3-endgame-interview#latest
  • jp1
    Options
    jp1 said:
    However, if you are aware that they will be required ~95% of the time and you choose not to chase them as much, I’d argue that is also on you.
    I'm not arguing that it's a surprise I'm continuously unprepared for, I'm arguing that it's unreasonable and a bad experience. I play this game (probably too much) every day. I have a life, a full-time job, responsibilities, and other interests. I can't play several additional hours every day at specific times in order to earn the extra covers necessary to have all of the new characters be viable in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training. Earning these extra covers on time isn't based on skill or succeeding at challenges, it's based on either 1) spending money or 2) unhealthy and intrusive grinding. That's a bad system.

jp1 said:

There are many things I’d love changed about the game myself. I certainly don’t support every decision they make. In fact it feels like they look at my roster, find one of my 20ish 4s that haven’t been champed and choose them specifically, even though it’s a ridiculous notion. It’s just luck of the draw. 
    I now have every 4* champed except the latest 10 or so. Some I have the covers for but haven't dedicated the ISO to yet, the rest are just too new. You'd think this deep and developed roster would combat "luck of the draw" — and it does for two of the three required characters — but there's always one (with rare exception) that is a new release. This isn't about luck. It's intentional.

jp1 said:

At some point we have to accept that they are going to need to run things like a business and some of those decisions just won’t be in our favor. They must be making money from choosing the new releases, I can assure you it isn’t just an effort to piss people off. Making money keeps the game around longer. It’s a minor inconvenience in this instance in my opinion that could be looked at as a bonus when it works in your favor rather than a right they are infringing upon when it doesn’t. 

I'm on Day 1,688. I've spent more money on this game than I have on entire consoles and all of the games I bought for them in their lifetimes. They expect us to spend more on a costume, or a small chance at earning a portion of a playable character, than one would spend on an entire flagship game like 'Red Dead Redemption 2.' This game is thoroughly run like a business. The economy is just terrible. And I'm telling you, I'm certain they'd make more money letting us earn the one cover more easily and thereby having us become invested in the new release.
    I don’t want to run through on the quote by quote thing, so let me just say a couple things. I know the game economy is terrible, I have spent way more than your average player as well and I am
    becoming less satisfied each time I do, which isn’t sustainable I agree. The part I don’t agree with is that the economy will improve by making SHIELD training more appropriately matched to certain people’s rosters.

I really do understand your frustrations since I am often frustrated for some of the same reasons. Similarly I am frustrated with my cellphone provider when they make decisions I don’t like because they are looking to make more money. All I can do is vote with my dollars.

Lastly, I’m not trying to engage in an argument with you at all. I don’t agree with you, that doesn’t mean I think your opinions are invalid or need defending...you are just as entitled to them as I am to mine. If the way I’ve been communicating my thoughts has made you feel targeted in any way, I’m sorry about that.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Magik ST requirement is by far the meanest for a while. With full on 4* dilution and no chance to earn covers. We shouldn't rely on bonus heroes is the accepted wisdom but what other option is left? I haven't had a bonus hero 4* in about 30 pulls myself, so basically this is a waste of time even bothering about it.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    jp1 said:
    However, if you are aware that they will be required ~95% of the time and you choose not to chase them as much, I’d argue that is also on you.
    I'm not arguing that it's a surprise I'm continuously unprepared for, I'm arguing that it's unreasonable and a bad experience. I play this game (probably too much) every day. I have a life, a full-time job, responsibilities, and other interests. I can't play several additional hours every day at specific times in order to earn the extra covers necessary to have all of the new characters be viable in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training. Earning these extra covers on time isn't based on skill or succeeding at challenges, it's based on either 1) spending money or 2) unhealthy and intrusive grinding. That's a bad system.

jp1 said:

I now have every 4* champed except the latest 10 or so. Some I have the covers for but haven't dedicated the ISO to yet, the rest are just too new. You'd think this deep and developed roster would combat "luck of the draw" — and it does for two of the three required characters — but there's always one (with rare exception) that is a new release. This isn't about luck. It's intentional.

jp1 said:

I'm on Day 1,688. I've spent more money on this game than I have on entire consoles and all of the games I bought for them in their lifetimes. They expect us to spend more on a costume, or a small chance at earning a portion of a playable character, than one would spend on an entire flagship game like 'Red Dead Redemption 2.' This game is thoroughly run like a business. The economy is just terrible. And I'm telling you, I'm certain they'd make more money letting us earn the one cover more easily and thereby having us become invested in the new release.
    I don’t want to run through on the quote by quote thing, so let me just say a couple things. I know the game economy is terrible, I have spent way more than your average player as well and I am
    becoming less satisfied each time I do, which isn’t sustainable I agree. The part I don’t agree with is that the economy will improve by making SHIELD training more appropriately matched to certain people’s rosters.

I really do understand your frustrations since I am often frustrated for some of the same reasons. Similarly I am frustrated with my cellphone provider when they make decisions I don’t like because they are looking to make more money. All I can do is vote with my dollars.

Lastly, I’m not trying to engage in an argument with you at all. I don’t agree with you, that doesn’t mean I think your opinions are invalid or need defending...you are just as entitled to them as I am to mine. If the way I’ve been communicating my thoughts has made you feel targeted in any way, I’m sorry about that.
    I agree that the game economy won't improve for players by removing new 4*s from the set of required characters for S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, but I do think it makes for a much better player experience and is an extremely simple way to boost morale and get players more engaged. I know it did for me — I'm not even in love with the new Thanos, but because he was achievable I played more than I normally would and considered spending money again for the first time in forever because I was riding that momentum.

RE: "Similarly I am frustrated with my cellphone provider when they make decisions I don’t like because they are looking to make more money. All I can do is vote with my dollars."

I think this is different. Your cell phone provider is offering a service / utility, and while they may be underhanded, greedy, and crummy, at the end of the day you're just looking for something that meets your needs without breaking the bank, as long as the product works. By contrast, MPQ is a game. The entire point of engaging with it is to have fun. If they make decisions that undermine us having fun exclusively in the interest of bleeding enough of us of a few more dollars, that flies in the face of their product.

RE: "Lastly, I’m not trying to engage in an argument with you at all. I don’t agree with you, that doesn’t mean I think your opinions are invalid or need defending...you are just as entitled to them as I am to mine. If the way I’ve been communicating my thoughts has made you feel targeted in any way, I’m sorry about that."

We're in agreement there, and I didn't feel targeted! I was replying to you at around 3:00AM last night, and while drunk, so if I had an adversarial tone it was not intended! My apologies as well.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The Magik ST requirement is by far the meanest for a while. With full on 4* dilution and no chance to earn covers. We shouldn't rely on bonus heroes is the accepted wisdom but what other option is left? I haven't had a bonus hero 4* in about 30 pulls myself, so basically this is a waste of time even bothering about it.
    QFT.
    The trend of a recent release in Shield Training is established, but the upcoming event featuring Magik is the first time she has been available through progression since her release. The others prior to this were all featured multiple times before their Shield Training appearance.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I tried to get a bonus hero with Magik and after 26 pulls I had nothing so gave up 

I’ll try and place top 20 in the next event to try and get some covers that way then the one we get in the event after that 

hopefully that hat will be enough 
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    So we only get one pve with double iso... I'm post iso positive and, you know, that's just petty. 

Really seems like the continued course the game has taken lately giving less and less regardless of its age and bloat is just ferata. So depressing...watching Endgame made me feel better and that's saying so much. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, supports are in the game now, not sure how to get them though. Probably hidden in an other Super Secret Store of Invisibility.
    Do like the look of some of them... I really hope supports dont go back to being completely unobtainable.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love Arc Reactor the most even though the bonus perk are applicable to 5* Ironman only, and it's a support for Ironman.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Support Store (probably a 120 item vault and some bundles) is scheduled to go live at noon EDT or in about 2 1/2 hours. It has been very typical in the past to see them live in the Supports before you could get them.  At 7 AM EDT these became visible, just like the past dozen or so (not Kra-Van though).

Note that some characters (5s in particular) are viewable before their store opens, too. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    You haven't had a bones hero in 30 pulls?  I don't keep count so I can't give it a number, but it's been almosr 4 months for me on an account that I don't hoard at all on and have used every legendary token/cp on.  So close to being done with this **** and this game
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Without spoiling anything, thematically speaking this would be a good time for a Banner rework and feeder. j/s
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Widows batons are pretty sweet if she is tanking if you have the level 5 version ( ha ha) every time she makes a match she has a 23% chance to go invisible.