Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    Malcrof said:
    I like that they made it not so terribly hard, and gives essential loaners (i dont need them, but newer players will). Good event , basically just free rewards for little effort with some nifty matchups for fun. Best celebration event ever so far!
    While I will agree this event is nice and cool but this is far from the “Best celebration event ever”.  This event is still 1 node that does take about 20-25 seconds and that’s it.  Even if I use my HB today, it’s still 1 power and event is over for another 24 hours.  Just wish there was more to this than 1 node every 24 hours.  
    Best celebration event, for me, is definitely the 1st anniversary lightning rounds. It rained tokens like nobody’s business. 
    I’m so old...
    That First anniversary will never be beat.  That was the best and the most fun of any event that MPQ has done. 
    Sometimes I wonder why the things (event rewards, celebration rewards) always seem to get less generous after the first go round.  Although Anniversaries have been better or worse.... the second one being a particular low point, I think.  I suppose it's another place where the in game resource needs (more covers, more iso, more HP) continue to outpace the available rewards.  Which makes sense from a pure business perspective (make sure people are usually behind their desires) but I still think that keeping rewards somewhat proportional to overall needs would be possible without impacting the economy negatively.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 1 of Infinite Pursuit has one of those one-off nodes for some ISO at the end of the main chain of nodes.

It's a small thing, but it suggests someone has been paying attention when we praise little things, so that person gets a high five.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

Cosmic Chaos - the last new PVE - seemed to be moving in the right direction with a few modifications to the standard PVE format that were welcomed. 

Was expecting Infinite Pursuit to build on the CC format and incorporate what was a large amount of productive feedback.  Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case and the new event is new only in the paint on top of the old repetitive PVE. 

Oh well disappointed but not surprised.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hi @Brigby! Any info on week 3, or a sneak peek into life after infinite pursuit perhaps? Even if you cant reveal any Ronin related info, it would still be nice to know what's coming Monday... Thank you!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Brigby! Any info on week 3, or a sneak peek into life after infinite pursuit perhaps? Even if you cant reveal any Ronin related info, it would still be nice to know what's coming Monday... Thank you!
    Yes! I'll be posting next week's content sometime today, so stay tuned!
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hm... New supports... I must admit, i wasn't expecting that. With support circuit on indefinite hold and the store not even rotating, i honestly thought supports as a whole have been put on the back burner until after all Endgame weeks and events are over.

I wonder how we can get tokens to this special store.... Vaults? Direct (500hp) purchase, like with Kra-Van? Only hfh bundles?

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't Cosmic Chaos a fourday event too? Or am I misremembering? At any rate the end time is wrong, May 1st is a Wednesday.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sigh...Magik required. My death march to a max champ Chavez for JJ purposes has cost me an ST cover once again.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Magik required why? :(
    Already have more Thanos Endgame covers than Magik. 6 vs 5. Am I the only one wondering where all the Magik cover earning opportunities went?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KenshinUK said:
    Already have more Thanos Endgame covers than Magik. 6 vs 5. Am I the only one wondering where all the Magik cover earning opportunities went?
    No, you absolutely are not the only one wondering. 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78078/can-we-please-get-some-official-information-about-pve-rewards-and-new-characters#latest
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have Magik champed, but have never poured ISO into Sandman. Maybe I can get him done in time.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Magik needs to be level 209, right?
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I haven't had any issues with the SHIELD Training required characters for ages because they were running so many events that rewarded covers for the new characters. But my Magik is only 3/3/2 because she's just not been involved since her release. If you're gonna change one part of your structure you have to take that into account elsewhere.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 said:
    Magik needs to be level 209, right?
    Yes.  
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks. Looks like I just made it so I have nothing to complain about. Still feeling bad for the majority of players. 
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    KenshinUK said:
    It’s not the norm where we had opportunities to earn covers in multiple events like we did for Emma, Nebula, Dazzler, etc. I’m nowhere close but not shocked either.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not shocked at all, but in fact completely expected this. Look forward to seeing more of this for future releases. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All the devs need to do is to add Magik as placement/progression rewards again (not including the upcoming PvE on the 29th) before the Shield Training ends to make things "right".
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I was really happy that the 4* Thanos S.H.I.E.L.D. Training required characters we'd all had a chance to cover. Magik? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have her covered — but I don't. Most of us don't. She hasn't been around long enough and there haven't been enough opportunities. Seems like they're back to undermining some easy wins for themselves. This is terrible cross-promotion, as everything related to Endgame should have us feeling positive and excited, not leaving a bad taste in our mouths.

EDIT: I'm aware that people often post willfully ignorant sentiments that might read like the above in an attempt to manipulate those that are reading it, namely the developers. This is not that. I'm earnestly just stating that this is legitimately bad cross-promotion. It doesn't serve the products (the film, or the game), it attempts to leech off of the excitement around the film to bolster in-game spending. This is to the detriment of the film, the MCU, and Marvel. What does a single 4* cover cost them? Nothing. It's an investment. It boosts our excitement and gets us more engaged. This is just poor marketing.