Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I know my number one didn't stop - he was up to 56K last time I checked and about 5-6000 in front of second.

HairyDave, do you know what #20 is at?

No idea - I'm hanging down around 120
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've pretty much lost any and all hope I had for getting anywhere near the top progress rewards for this event. I started out really well in the first round (those first 3 days), then the sub events turned into one that was pretty much all easy but gave hardly any points, and the other with all Hard (quickly turned to Deadly) that I could barely ever beat but would give decent points. I have a bunch of maxed 2* characters, but that's the most I have.

If this is what I can expect from all of the PvE events going forward, I'm not really looking very forward to them. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Now sitting on 62164 at #1 about 6.5k lead over #2 on main.

Please let this end ...
    #2 is Maxsad with 55644
    #3 is Oj3341 with 55468
    #4 is Jim4812 with 53678
    #5 is alemdagmurat with 52762

looks like position 2 is a tight race.

Good luck.

NoMistake

p/s: #10 is djsquillz with 50755
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just went into the "Easiest" Hard match I have: 134 Wolverine/Falcon/Lieutentant. Was using a 0/2/2 124 Daken, a 5/3/5 125 Ares, and 3/5/5 85 Original Black Widow, and I got completely wiped out. So is there even any point in trying the other two? Guess I won't be making any more progress in this event.

Does anyone have Any advice on what to try to do to have even the slightest shot in... any of these Gatekeeper nodes?
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Just went into the "Easiest" Hard match I have: 134 Wolverine/Falcon/Lieutentant. Was using a 0/2/2 124 Daken, a 5/3/5 125 Ares, and 3/5/5 85 Original Black Widow, and I got completely wiped out. So is there even any point in trying the other two? Guess I won't be making any more progress in this event.
    In that node I used Daken 120, and 2* Storm/magneto. Attacked Falcon first using storm's blue attack before he can start putting all those shield tiles. After that it's not too difficult. key is using the purple and blue attacks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    tbighead21 wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    In that node I used Daken 120, and 2* Storm/magneto. Attacked Falcon first using storm's blue attack before he can start putting all those shield tiles. After that it's not too difficult. key is using the purple and blue attacks.

Ended up doing something like that, but I used Ares since my Daken only has 2 Black and Blue covers. Somehow managed to win, but Falcon still used that god damn ridiculous Defense Tiles power. Now I have to use Health Packs on my entire party if I dare try either of the other Gatekeeper nodes. But it already feels like no matter what I do, I'll just end up getting my **** kicked.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

Does anyone have Any advice on what to try to do to have even the slightest shot in... any of these Gatekeeper nodes?

I forget who my tank was (possibly 141 Cap, but might have been 77 3/2/3 Daken boosted to whatever it is) for that the one time I beat it, but for support I went with a level 30 Loki (5/3), and OBW. Cap can stun/clear, Daken+OBW is double dip on espionage, but Loki was the star. Trickery, even as **** as it was that it didn't completely steal all of Falcon's protects, bought me enough time to take down everyone.
    I think I focused Falcon, then Lieutenant, then Wolvie, but that may the wrong order to go in. But try Loki if you have him. Only the covers matter, not the level since you don't want him getting hit at all anyway.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

I forget who my tank was (possibly 141 Cap, but might have been 77 3/2/3 Daken boosted to whatever it is) for that the one time I beat it, but for support I went with a level 30 Loki (5/3), and OBW. Cap can stun/clear, Daken+OBW is double dip on espionage, but Loki was the star. Trickery, even as **** as it was that it didn't completely steal all of Falcon's protects, bought me enough time to take down everyone.
    I think I focused Falcon, then Lieutenant, then Wolvie, but that may the wrong order to go in. But try Loki if you have him. Only the covers matter, not the level since you don't want him getting hit at all anyway.

I would try using Loki, but mine is **** overall. Only 2/1 and level 28.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dark Avengers -> Special Equipment node is a good place to use OBW/Mags to heal someone pretty quick. You can sometimes get in 3 Heals in one match using Mags purple correctly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

I would try using Loki, but mine is **** overall. Only 2/1 and level 28.

I think the bug is that he won't steal all of Falcon's protect tiles, but should steal all of Wolvie's strikes, which means you've got time to work usually.

I'd still give it a shot, he costs a bit more, but you could just throw a black AP boost on and steal with OBW.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    I think the bug is that he won't steal all of Falcon's protect tiles, but should steal all of Wolvie's strikes, which means you've got time to work usually.

I'd still give it a shot, he costs a bit more, but you could just throw a black AP boost on and steal with OBW.

I'm really thinking about giving that a try some time. Loki/OBW/someone else.

And somehow managed to beat all of the Gatekeeper nodes. Got super lucky against a 140 Hulk.

Now I have access to:

Defend the Sentry II: 43 Pyro/Grenadier/Commander
    Defend the Sentry VII: 88 GSBW/89 IM40/88 Wolvie
    Defend the Sentry IV: 147 Hulk/Spy/Black Panther ......Why? icon_e_sad.gif
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Defend the Sentry IV: 147 Hulk/Spy/Black Panther ......Why? icon_e_sad.gif

My nodes for these 3 are:

Defend the Sentry IV: 110 Hulk/111 Spy/110 Black Panther

I'm glad that they seem to have capped scaling for the left and right branches. Capping some nodes at an easy/medium level means that you will still be able to gain points (but not a large amount of points) even if your enemy levels scale too high. I think the gatekeeper nodes all being at such high levels has to be a bug. It doesn't make sense to make an easy/medium/hard branch and then have the gatekeeper nodes all be hard.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did anyone post up the points for each node in Thunderbolt sub? I was searching for it yesterday but can't seem to find it. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    NoMistake wrote:

Please let this end ...
    #2 is Maxsad with 55644
    #3 is Oj3341 with 55468
    #4 is Jim4812 with 53678

Good luck.

NoMistake

i was in contention for that #2 spot unil my hells kitchen scaling last sub made me think long and hard about my strategy. i have since mellowed and am only hitting strategic nodes 2x maxx per refresh. its been keeping me between 5-10. im looking to finish top 10.

props to NoMistake...u have been the class of this bracket since the get go. that #1 is well deserved.

marc
  • Unknown
    Options
    NoMistake wrote:

Please let this end ...
    #2 is Maxsad with 55644
    #3 is Oj3341 with 55468
    #4 is Jim4812 with 53678

Good luck.

NoMistake

I'm guessing you can make about 5K points per refresh so there's 10K points left at most, though the amount of points available may go up when the Mayhem meter is filled but I doubt it'd be a significant amount. So that means if you do at least one more refresh you should be set. I have a 9000 lead over #3 so I can probably finish #2 even if I don't do anything for the rest of the event, but it'd be silly to risk that at this point.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So what place does 45K get you this time? From looking at my bracket I'm sure well above 1% (top 10) is going to get the Daken reward, but is it going to be 5%? 10%? 20%? Well, it sure is better than 0%.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The removal of rubberbanding (to a large extent) has made me realize/appreciate just how much people are willing to grind in this game.

Not me. I'll take my top 50 prize and be okay.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I must say, in my transitioning from 2 to 3 star days with my 85 pre patch wolverine, gsbw and spidey around the same levels...I would grind everything down to one.

Now, I'm happy to beat each node twice per 12 or 8 hour reset. Though, in this event I have very much enjoyed using mega Daken.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Grinded like heck and got my Daken cover giving me 1 of each cover. Sitting at 68 place with 45016 pts. I might just luck into Sentry which surprised me since I didn't have Daken for essentials until after Fresh Cut.

I just want to take a moment to say thanks to the people who both convinced me to keep trying at it, as well as those who were giving advice on how best to tackle some of the more difficult nodes.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now, I'm happy to beat each node twice per 12 or 8 hour reset. Though, in this event I have very much enjoyed using mega Daken.
    If you end up 20th and I'm 21st there will be blood icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit:
    And I'm guessing unlocking that Mayhem meter will give us an appearance of Mr. Nick Fury himself, decked out in all three of his colours, to give us a taste of what we're working towards for the seasons.
    Would make sense since he's been sending out his Avengers, and they all failed - now he has to do the job himself.