Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
IceIX wrote:
In order to make sure that players get the best performance out of the game with the next upcoming Event, we have decided to push the start of the next episode, Prodigal Sun, to early next week. This timing will allow Agents to settle down over the weekend with a relatively light Versus Tournament schedule and come in at the start of the next week with a more stable overall client. Then we can all start next week with the opportunity to see how the Dark Avengers and Norman Osborn deal with The Sentry and how S.H.I.E.L.D. reacts to the changing situation.

To review episodes 1-4, see Our Story So Far.

Comments

• DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Aw hell yea, Sentry time!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Guessing sentry's colors? Ummm...black yellow purple?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Anyone knows if it's going to become a permanent chapter in the story tab after the event?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've actually wanted a villain PVE for a while now. I'm excited for this.
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    Options
    My theory is that this chapter we'll be playing at least some of it as Dark Avengers, trying to convince Sentry to join. Would totally explain why Ragnarok/Loki have been rewards recently.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't even want to think about what my initial scaling will be at icon_twisted.gif, was really hoping for a downtime PvE to try to (dark) reign it in a bit
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, so you're telling me that the devs gave out all those Loki/Rag covers because the next event is actually going to feature DAs as opposed to the forum consensus opinion of it being a conspiracy to take all our money by feeding us useless covers? Hmm...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh, so you're telling me that the devs gave out all those Loki/Rag covers because the next event is actually going to feature DAs as opposed to the forum consensus opinion of it being a conspiracy to take all our money by feeding us useless covers? Hmm...

Can't it be both?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can't it be both?
    And now they want even more by trying to make us level those useless bags in order to not get completely scaled out of competing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can see this blurb for the villian PvE:

"Fight against Nick Fury and his puny band of Heroes with Juggernaut (Powered-Up, +355 levels) and Bullseye (Powered-Up, +310 levels). Help Venom to finally get his chance to eat Canned Meat and Spider Meat by overkilling the opposition by 40000 damage with Murderous Aim for a chance to win the new golden legendary HAMMER Pyro cover."
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I can see this blurb for the villian PvE:

"Fight against Nick Fury and his puny band of Heroes with Juggernaut (Powered-Up, +355 levels) and Bullseye (Powered-Up, +310 levels). Help Venom to finally get his chance to eat Canned Meat and Spider Meat by overkilling the opposition by 40000 damage with Murderous Aim for a chance to win the new golden legendary HAMMER Pyro cover."

I laughed much harder than I should have icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Sentry should be yellow black red.. Nice colors icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    To look at this from the other side, there's nothing in there that says it WILL be a villain PvE. We could very well be S.H.I.E.L.D dealing with the situation and chasing after the DA with the Sentry on our side.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    To look at this from the other side, there's nothing in there that says it WILL be a villain PvE. We could very well be S.H.I.E.L.D dealing with the situation and chasing after the DA with the Sentry on our side.

You're absolutely correct, but if I'm right in assuming the title refers to Daken then I'd like to believe he is important to the event (buffed) and we're the ones using him, not the 'enemy'.

Also the ordering on this sentence is giving me hope:
    IceIX wrote:
    Then we can all start next week with the opportunity to see how the Dark Avengers and Norman Osborn deal with The Sentry and how S.H.I.E.L.D. reacts to the changing situation.

Could of course not mean anything at all.

Plus all the villain rewards, and the Sentry being a dark avenger during dark reign... let me have this one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well there's a history of the last new character always being the required character in the next event, so seems like it'd make a lot of sense to have an event from the other side with Daken as the essential.

And if not, they can always use some of those shapeshifting mutants in TaT to explain why you're using Daken fighting the Avengers. Or that Spiderman is protesting for his nerf and gone rogue.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Or that Spiderman is protesting for his nerf and gone rogue.

And Daken is sick of his jokes so he's going to help dear old dad catch the spider icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I got a great idea for a scenario where you fight Spiderman.

Nick Fury: Everyone, I have dire news. Spiderman's gone rogue. He said there's an organization called NERF that targets powerful blue AP users and he's on top of their list. I tried to calm him down, but he says it's easy to be smug when everyone knows your blue power sucks before anyone even knows what it does at level 5. NERF uses the Internet to achieve their goals somehow, so Spiderman is trying to destroy the Internet to stop NERF.

Captain America: Sir, Spiderman is powerful, but surely we can take him?

Nick Fury: Spiderman convinced Black Widow and Magneto to join him, saying that NERF is coming for them next if he falls.

Captain America: !!!

Ironman: Maybe I should join their team.

NIck Fury: Tony, NERF is only after POWERFUL blue users.

Ironman: ...

Nick Fury: Anyway, I have hired Daken, because I get a bonus for new guys, even though he's woefully equipped to deal with the opposition.

Captain America: So who is going to be crazy enough to team up with him?

Nick Fury: It's not 'who', Steve, but 'what'.

Devil Dinosaur: RAWWWWRRRR!

Nick Fury: And since this is the fate of the Internet at hand, I hired the legendary Platinum 4 star HAMMER Pyro to assist us.

Pyro: I'm supposed to be running away from Wolverine!

Nick Fury: Miss, I know we had some bad blood before, but this is the Internet we're talking about here. If the Internet is gone, I won't be making my debut after season 1 ends either. You can set Wolverine and Human Torch on fire after we've saved the Internet (they'll probably live).

Pyro: Fine.

(Battle begins)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well. Guess Ares will be my sword and shield (ha) in this one because he's the only DA I have. Besides 2* Daken who is missing 3 covers and sits at lv 53. And Moonstone who has the covers but not the iso.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, this could be interesting. A possible DA only episode, and facing heroes scaled into oblivion? Yeah, this won't anger many at all.

All hypothetical, of course. Oh, and being able to use ap generating goons.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you can use AP generating goons, even level 395 enemies will be pretty weak especially if they don't have their own AP generating goons. If you got an appropriately level Pyro, Muscle, or a Don on your side, that'd certainly even things a lot. If you have a level 230 Devil Dino + Pyro against level 395 Spiderman/OBW/Magneto, that wouldn't actually be a very hard fight as long as they prevented them from getting purple/red.

Then again, I remember there are guys complaining the level 150 Juggernaut was too hard when you're given a level 190 lazy Thor in heroic Jugg.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    If you can use AP generating goons, even level 395 enemies will be pretty weak especially if they don't have their own AP generating goons. If you got an appropriately level Pyro, Muscle, or a Don on your side, that'd certainly even things a lot. If you have a level 230 Devil Dino + Pyro against level 395 Spiderman/OBW/Magneto, that wouldn't actually be a very hard fight as long as they prevented them from getting purple/red.

Then again, I remember there are guys complaining the level 150 Juggernaut was too hard when you're given a level 190 lazy Thor in heroic Jugg.
    Yeah....not many people had a good lazy thor at that point, since that was like the 2nd time he was handed out