Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

Options

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Many of the 2* rewards have also been DA's recently, lending credence to a mainly DA roster.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    If you can use AP generating goons, even level 395 enemies will be pretty weak especially if they don't have their own AP generating goons. If you got an appropriately level Pyro, Muscle, or a Don on your side, that'd certainly even things a lot. If you have a level 230 Devil Dino + Pyro against level 395 Spiderman/OBW/Magneto, that wouldn't actually be a very hard fight as long as they prevented them from getting purple/red.

Then again, I remember there are guys complaining the level 150 Juggernaut was too hard when you're given a level 190 lazy Thor in heroic Jugg.
    Yeah....not many people had a good lazy thor at that point, since that was like the 2nd time he was handed out

I think he's talking about the Team-Up where you got a really boosted Thor - it was the first mission. I only remember because there were mini-commotions throughout the thread about scaling going through the roof on that first mission, but really those levels were set, and you were given a Thor who could win the match himself.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Then again, I remember there are guys complaining the level 150 Juggernaut was too hard when you're given a level 190 lazy Thor in heroic Jugg.

For the record they were complaining *before* trying it. icon_e_smile.gif And later reported it was a joke really.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So glad we are getting another dark avenger... Is sentry going to be a 4*? With his power set in comics, he seems to be well suited for that but with fury recently released I have my doubts. He will probably have a black passive (just a guess based on my knowledge of his dark "the void" side in comics) and I hope he will have a powerful yellow, because we need more characters with an offensive juggernaut for yellow. Outside of that I don't care - I'm just psyched to finally get him!
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

For the record they were complaining *before* trying it. icon_e_smile.gif And later reported it was a joke really.

Well of course it's easy if you actually tried the fight, but that goes to show people don't pay attention to the details.

I think as an experiment maybe we should have a node with a team up level 300 Devil Dino + level 300 Pyro against level 395 enemies or so and see how many 'what the scaling???' posts we get.
  • Unknown
    Options
    so have they ever introduced a cover without giving that hero out as a reward?

I just dont understand giving out a new cover in 2 consecutive weeks

and i really hope scaling is reset if its a dark avengers event, i only have 30k iso to dump into them.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wait, we're playing this from the villains point of view?

Shoot, I won't get far with my 69 Daken, 15 Ragnarok (sold my higher level after nerf made him useless), 6 Moonstone, don't own Venom, Yelena, Bullseye... Hmmmmm

Am boned
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Wait, we're playing this from the villains point of view?

Shoot, I won't get far with my 69 Daken, 15 Ragnarok (sold my higher level after nerf made him useless), 6 Moonstone, don't own Venom, Yelena, Bullseye... Hmmmmm

Am boned
    Too bad you're not a new account! They'd have those exact same covers and cakewalk to easy wins
  • Unknown
    Options
    So glad we are getting another dark avenger... Is sentry going to be a 4*? With his power set in comics, he seems to be well suited for that but with fury recently released I have my doubts. He will probably have a black passive (just a guess based on my knowledge of his dark "the void" side in comics) and I hope he will have a powerful yellow, because we need more characters with an offensive juggernaut for yellow. Outside of that I don't care - I'm just psyched to finally get him!

I dont think the game will make mention of the void yet. I expect the void to be a 4**** version of sentry near the end of the game's expected story run.. So I also expect sentry to be a 3***.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I still think the Sentry should have two incredibly over powered damage dealing powers (yellow and blue I suppose) and something like:

The Void - Black Passive
    Level 1: If there are more than 2 black tiles on the board reduce the Sentry's damage output by 75%
    Level 2: If there are more than 3 black tiles " "
    Level 3: If there are more than 4 black tiles " "
    Level 4: If there are more than 5 black tiles " "
    Level 5: If there are more than 3 black tiles reduce the Sentry's damage output by 50%

Of course they would have to introduce a new procedure which automatically forces a black cover on any Sentry that is recruited with the yellow or blue covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I still think the Sentry should have two incredibly over powered damage dealing powers (yellow and blue I suppose) and something like:

The Void - Black Passive
    Level 1: If there are more than 2 black tiles on the board reduce the Sentry's damage output by 75%
    Level 5: If there are more than 3 black tiles reduce the Sentry's damage output by 50%

Of course they would have to introduce a new procedure which automatically forces a black cover on any Sentry that is recruited with the yellow or blue covers.

Just make the other abillities have a base 'does 75% less damage if there are at least 1 black tile on the board' and the passive will increase the threshold of black tiles.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If the scaling is retained (ie - the scaling we gained through using heroes against DA), and we are to fight DA against heroes, this will make no sense and will beautifully explode into a whinefest (at least from me)...
  • Unknown
    Options

The Void - Black Passive

Am I reading this wrong? So he deals less damage with this passive skill? Why woul anyone level the skill then? icon_e_confused.gif
  • morgh
    Options
    first of all - it's just guessing

secondly - You ARE reading it wrong... try again icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

The Void - Black Passive

1, there is no way they would give out the 1 black cover required for this
    2. why would you not just half the damage and scale from 50% damage reduction to 0(same damage), instead of never having your hero doing full damage
  • Unknown
    Options

I dont think the game will make mention of the void yet. I expect the void to be a 4**** version of sentry near the end of the game's expected story run.. So I also expect sentry to be a 3***.

A 4* void would be devastating... But void is so much a part of Sentry that I have a hard time believing that the devs would separate them into 2 different characters. I imagine Sentry having a black passive that is like either Ares yellow or patch's green - it will deal some damage, but will deal far more damage to Sentry himself until it is a high lvl, like lvl 5.

So Sentry's black passive would create a strike tile every time a black match is made but would reduce his health by X points, and as the Sentry gains control of the void (by gaining more black covers) his hp reduction goes down and the damage of the strike tile goes up. At lvl 5, Sentry will have mastered the void and his health won't be reduced when making the black match.

Not sure if that made sense, but it did to me... Would create an interesting game play dynamic.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Beezer's idea is a character that'd do insane damage if there are less than X black tiles on the board, with the passive black increasing this threshold. From a wording point of view, it's exactly the same to have a skill that is:

Does 6000 damage, but damage reduced by 75% if there are at least 1 black tiles on the board

versus:

Does 1500 damage, and does 300% more damage if there are no black tiles on the board.

For me, I personally prefer big numbers, so the I'll go with the first choice if such a character exists, but it's only cosmetic.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    1, there is no way they would give out the 1 black cover required for this

Why not? If anyone wanted to use the character there would be those that buy the rest. If no one wants to use him then oh well, no harm in giving out the one.
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    2. why would you not just half the damage and scale from 50% damage reduction to 0(same damage), instead of never having your hero doing full damage

Because it fits the character... Super powerful Man that can't keep it together because of the Void in his head.

I like it when characters in this game are thematically appropriate. So Phantron's suggestion about incorporating it in to the other powers is fine too. Honestly just seems wrong not to give him a black power called the Void icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    If we are playing as the villains does that mean we get use use x3 395's against some level 90 team? Sounds like fun.
  • morgh
    Options
    I would actually think we get to use our level 85 Ares, 50 Juggy, 30 Loki, level 30 Ragnaros, level 69 Daken (2*) and level 5 Bullseye against level 240 heroes... (with Thor being fed green by 2 re-painted goons... "they're just groupies - don't mind them!")