Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Can anyone post who is buffed in this event? I'm at work and I do not have my phone with me, so I cannot see the event.

Thanks!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jkells wrote:
    Can anyone post who is buffed in this event? I'm at work and I do not have my phone with me, so I cannot see the event.

Thanks!
    All DAs are buffed, mega buff for Lazy Daken.
    Normal Daken not useable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Jkells wrote:

Thanks!
    1* DAs are not buffed, so no pro Yelena strats
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Arclight wrote:
    Sentry's green ability has the potential to cause some pretty serious cascades. I used it to kill off two Maggia fellas...they were dead, victory is mine...30 seconds of cascades.

I thought the description said it changed green tiles to countdown, when I used it the countdown tiles used were black...

Its a certain pattern, the colour doesnt matter.

At level 4 it's the following:
    X....X
    .X..X.
    ..XX..
    .X..X.
    X....X

Guess level 5 will add another 4 tiles at the furthest corners
    Actually, the text on the ability says that it turns them into Green Countdown tiles - implying a change of colour should be seen, but currently isn't. Also note that these do not overwrite strike tiles (probably other specials, but I haven't observed that myself).
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Jkells wrote:

Thanks!
    1* DAs are not buffed, so no pro Yelena strats
    Also, 2* Daken is usable (for non-essential nodes), but also not buffed.

Buffed list is:

3* Daken - uber-buff
    Ragnarok
    Ares
    Moonstone
    Bullseye
  • Unknown
    Options
    Alright. Waiting for my characters to heal and my Health Packs to refresh. Hopefully I'll actually get a fair match the next time I try Maggia Assault III. If I can get through everything, I'll try to play all of the nodes twice starting around Midnight EST.

I'll just have to come up with a team who can deal with multiple Threaten and Tommy Gun countdown tiles every turn starting from turn 2.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Aaaand.. it's 10 days again. and of course it overlaps with the end of season 1.

Way to go devs, that's how you prevent burnout, indeed.

No offense, but you cause your own burnout..I felt burned out a few months ago and took a break from game, I may not have a maxed BP or Psylocke as they came out during my break but I am more refreshed and didn't let this game take over my life... Just because some people "need" to get every prize doesn't mean they should cater events to those individuals...

Um, that IS how they're catering though

Between season rankings, alliance rankings, and "most prizes are buffed for the next tournament," "needing" to get every prize is exactly how the game operates

Lazy Daken sure doesn't directly impact your ability to do well in the 2XRag/Doom/Loki PvP tournaments we have had so far.

For PvE, the essentials are always tied to recent characters yes, but that's hardly anything new and you need more than a level 15 token character to do well in them, so it's not only a matter of competing in the latest event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Aaaand.. it's 10 days again. and of course it overlaps with the end of season 1.

Way to go devs, that's how you prevent burnout, indeed.

No offense, but you cause your own burnout..I felt burned out a few months ago and took a break from game, I may not have a maxed BP or Psylocke as they came out during my break but I am more refreshed and didn't let this game take over my life... Just because some people "need" to get every prize doesn't mean they should cater events to those individuals...

Um, that IS how they're catering though

Between season rankings, alliance rankings, and "most prizes are buffed for the next tournament," "needing" to get every prize is exactly how the game operates

Lazy Daken sure doesn't directly impact your ability to do well in the 2XRag/Doom/Loki PvP tournaments we have had so far.

For PvE, the essentials are always tied to recent characters yes, but that's hardly anything new and you need more than a level 15 token character to do well in them, so it's not only a matter of competing in the latest event.

If you don't have the character for the "essential nodes' you are not going to do anything in the PvE period...no top 10 no top 50 no top 100 because with how stuff scales now you just can't do it...so yes it is VERY essential to have that one character if you want anything worth a damn for rewards.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Daken vs Bullseye 2 is already up to 565... so much for 'no rubberbanding'.

It is now 634 looks like they back to the old 1000 + 1000 rubber banding. Might want to get the nodes done now before they realise and change the rubber band back closer to what it was in the last few events.

The rubberbanding could just be from the fact that the enemy do start out pretty low level for most people. The Hunt for Falcon had rubberbanding went up rather fast too and that was using the new system, and it didn't really slow down until the scaling kicked in.

Well my first guess is every extra 1250 points behind increases the rubber band scaling by one - only done one node the the sub so far will refine it later when I have more info.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well no fat daken so I guess I'll scrape by with what I can.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Really liking the story-telling in this event. icon_e_geek.gif

Granted it needs a lot of story telling to explain Sentry and Punisher being on odd teams to begin with, but it is told well and spreads the dialogue around the Dark Avengers.
    I always like Moonstone as a character, just using her not-so-much.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    As a relative newbie to the world of PvE does it make sense to level those **** characters like Moonstone and Bullseye in order to do better in this event - or nah? Assuming one has some ISO to spare...?
  • Unknown
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    As a relative newbie to the world of PvE does it make sense to level those **** characters like Moonstone and Bullseye in order to do better in this event - or nah? Assuming one has some ISO to spare...?

I definitely wouldn't. A level 50 mStorm or im35 is probably going to do you more good in this event than a buffed max level Bullseye IMO
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carthl wrote:
    Okay, so I'd like this translation explained to me - why are some dialogue bits in German and some in English? If you're gonna translate, do it completely or don't do it at all... And why are they wasting time and money on translations in the first place? Come on, put it towards something useful. The german fans who give a **** about a marvel game speak english anyway.

Not that I care either way, didn't even realize I was installing a localized version, but still.

You need to pay 75HP for a full translation, or 100HP for no translation. Everything else is chargeable so localisation has to be too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TheVulture wrote:
    Really liking the story-telling in this event. icon_e_geek.gif

Granted it needs a lot of story telling to explain Sentry and Punisher being on odd teams to begin with, but it is told well and spreads the dialogue around the Dark Avengers.
    I always like Moonstone as a character, just using her not-so-much.

I thought it's pretty funny they sent Yelena and Moonstone to do the recruiting instead of the psychopaths. Would be funny if they did sent say Daken, Venom, and Bullseye to the talking.
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Scaling should not rise too wickedly unless people are stupid about their clears icon_e_wink.gif No point in using Daken boosted to level 160 or some other level 141 when nodes are ~60-70... I am using lower leveled heroes + juggernaut to make sure I get some damage ALWAYS...
    Allowing a CD go off on purpose also helps... as does killing your whole roster and using up your healthpacks before going to sleep on the "hardest" node available...

@_Mru_ - those were not levels, but base point values icon_e_wink.gif

I used Sunder to kill some goons with 100 or so HP... Talk about scaling-paranoia :p

Wait, self-inflicted damage still count as damage taken, isn't it? icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    How much are people grinding this? I did 1 full clear about half an hour ago + another for the two required Daken nodes and I'm something like 1.5k behind my sub leader and 2k behind my main leader.

Ugh.

Linkster79,don't give them ideas icon_e_biggrin.gif

I've actually used my remaining 1* for this and will do so while scaling remains at a level where they can be used - they take damage consistently and I'm not giving the game the impression I'm better than I am. I do not want to have nodes in the 180s again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I always enjoy playing as buffed Ares, so this event should be lots of fun.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    edited May 2014
    Options
    For the sake of reporting and the stats folks...I've made one pass on each available node (sub and the one on the main) which was good for 2604.

I hate typing on my phone!
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tcourtney wrote:

If you don't have the character for the "essential nodes' you are not going to do anything in the PvE period...no top 10 no top 50 no top 100 because with how stuff scales now you just can't do it...so yes it is VERY essential to have that one character if you want anything worth a damn for rewards.

Does this mean I shouldn't bother with the event since without LD I can't hope to place to get anything meaningful?