Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    For the sake of reporting and the stats folks...I've made one pass on each available node (sub and the one on the main) which was good for 2604.

I hate typing on my phone!

Just did the same and got 3950.

3645. icon_e_sad.gif

Started ~1 hour ago and completing each pin just once (including the 2 Daken required pins) is 4508 for me.

Edit: FBI Warning - Winners don't use bad grammar!

...Poor grammar?

Can anybody post..like...all the dialogue? Lol...I don't want to join yet bit I might for the dialogue if nobody can help me out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Um.... World Rupture + Sacrifice = Instant win....

Word Rupture is literally OBW's Espionage in AoE form, + Strike tiles times TEN at level 4, with level 5 suggesting 14 CD tiles.

Some quick math on the 77 loaner in the first sub.

World Rupture = 92 damage per CD tile.
    Sacrifice = 289 strike tile.

Each CD tile is resolved as a separate attack, so...

Maximum damage = (289 + 92) * 10 = 3810 AoE damage to enemies for 7 Green and 8 Yellow.... at level 77....

Let's talk potentially 5 Green and 5 Yellow at level 77,

Maximum damage = (355 + 92) * 14 = 6258 AoE damage. icon_eek.gif

If somehow you can get rid of half of the CD tiles in the 2 turns allotted, you are simply done if he casts green and there are any strike tiles on the board.

That is just a wee bit over the top too powerful there....

Strike tiles in general is probably too strong in this game. They really need to think about how strike tiles interact with most attacks in general. That's probably why people spent a ton of HP on Daken because it's hard to go wrong with a guy whose primary attack is a strike tile generating passive.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

Word Rupture is literally OBW's Espionage in AoE form, + Strike tiles times TEN at level 4, with level 5 suggesting 14 CD tiles.

Maximum damage = (289 + 92) * 10 = 3810 AoE damage to enemies for 7 Green and 8 Yellow.... at level 77....

If somehow you can get rid of half of the CD tiles in the 2 turns allotted, you are simply done if he casts green and there are any strike tiles on the board.

Strike tiles in general is probably too strong in this game. They really need to think about how strike tiles interact with most attacks in general. That's probably why people spent a ton of HP on Daken because it's hard to go wrong with a guy whose primary attack is a strike tile generating passive.

I always thought strike tiles should only buff the first match/Attack and not be added to cascade damage. I think that is a lot of the problem with strike tiles. Thier purpose is to make you order your attacks give.you superior damage over time if you can.keep them out giving a higher payout than a normal direct attack. As is though, that time you need them to be out can be as low as one turn heavily in part due to cascades.

Mm...maybe they should make a new type of strike tile that have countdown timers on them and "disappear" when thier countdown reaches 0. Kinda a separate thought, but Mayne drop 5 tiles doing 100 each as an example that last 5 turns and on.the last turn they disappear one at a time, basically doing 400+300+200+100 damage minimum on that last turn if they are still all out.
  • Unknown
    Options

I always thought strike tiles should only buff the first match/Attack and not be added to cascade damage. I think that is a lot of the problem with strike tiles. Thier purpose is to make you order your attacks give.you superior damage over time if you can.keep them out giving a higher payout than a normal direct attack. As is though, that time you need them to be out can be as low as one turn heavily in part due to cascades.

Mm...maybe they should make a new type of strike tile that have countdown timers on them and "disappear" when thier countdown reaches 0. Kinda a separate thought, but Mayne drop 5 tiles doing 100 each as an example that last 5 turns and on.the last turn they disappear one at a time, basically doing 400+300+200+100 damage minimum on that last turn if they are still all out.

Well that'd probably be a good idea but it wouldn't do anything in this particular case since World Rupture isn't a match 3 damage. By themselves these abilities look okay (though Sacrifice still seems too strong, but at least Falcon can always get rid of it), but when you put the two together, it's pretty much 'everyone dies in 2 turns'.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Well that'd probably be a good idea but it wouldn't do anything in this particular case since World Rupture isn't a match 3 damage. By themselves these abilities look okay (though Sacrifice still seems too strong, but at least Falcon can always get rid of it), but when you put the two together, it's pretty much 'everyone dies in 2 turns'.

Yup. Plus, even if you create strike tiles in the manner sonottelling describes, all you have to do is cast Sacrifice on the turn right before World Rupture goes off and you end up with the same net effect.

Right now, the only defense I can think of to this is, should Sentry start casting, is OBW's AGD ready for it to buy yourself 3 more turns to burn him down. Still, given Sentry's LazyThor level of hit points, this really isn't going to be of much help unless he is in one-nuke range of being downed and you only need one more match to cast that nuke. There are simply too many CD tiles to either overwrite or match away to prevent catastrophic levels of damage from occurring.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can someone confirm the refresh cycle?

I played the sub before I went to bed and went through Maggia Assault II 3 times, leaving the node at 77 points. 6 hours ++ later the node now has 251 points for me.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

I wonder how different it would/will be if/when it turns the tiles Green like the text says - you'd probably get a fair percentage matching off straight away (feeding back the spent Green for another casting) but it would certainly minimize the ones that actually go off.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dreylin wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I wonder how different it would/will be if/when it turns the tiles Green like the text says - you'd probably get a fair percentage matching off straight away (feeding back the spent Green for another casting) but it would certainly minimize the ones that actually go off.

Well a lot of these abilities have to be actually used in realistic scenarios to see what the potential is. For example it might turn out by the time you have 4 red match 3s (for 11r) for Supernova you won't always have too many reds left to destroy, but stuff like that is not something you can easily theorize. That said there sure seems to be a lot of ways his ability can go out of control.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    First 3 nodes are level 190/210/230. They're all goons, but that seems awfully high levels.
    Why did you scale yourself into hell last PvE?
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    First 3 nodes are level 190/210/230. They're all goons, but that seems awfully high levels.
    Why did you scale yourself into hell last PvE?

Weren't we officially advised by the devs to grind away if we wanted L'Daken?
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I grinded like hell but ignored the very top rewards, including subs. Barely got top 20 at the very end after climbing from top 200. Was angry with my alliance mates and other MPQ friends that were fretting over some kitty sub placement.
    Edit: by grinding like hell I mean that I even got green checkmarks on some missions and I got used to that being an absolute nonbo scaling-wise. My final node with lazyDaken and Ares topped out at 250+ I believe, that's not a very comfortable scaling level.
  • over_clocked
    edited May 2014
    Options
    By the way I love the dialogue, will probably copy it here later, Daken and Bullseye flirting FTW.
    Sentry looks like an awesome anti-scaling device (ASD). Take Sentry into goon battles, AoE your entire team at the end et voila.

Edit: aw heck no first playthrough is the best for copying, no way I'm doing that. Someone else please copy the story?
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    By the way I love the dialogue, will probably copy it here later, Daken and Bullseye flirting FTW.

Please do copy it, I probably won't end up being able to do all the missions.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    locked wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=146126#p146126
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

I let the opposition Sentry (L48) get that off at just to see what it could do (I deliberately left most of the CD tiles alone) - took out my undamaged L105 Fatdaken, finished off L95 Moonstone, and took about 5500 health off L125 Ares.

Dude hits like a freight train if he's got some strike tiles out - which he had plenty of thanks to the goons.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, rewards nerfed again & alliance needed even more as event tokens are moved to alliance rewards.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    locked wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=146126#p146126

Excellent, thanks!
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:

Canonically appropriate, too, since Bullseye is one of the guys Daken's kissed in the comics (though not the guy Daken was shown in bed with). The seduction team Osborn sends after Sentry is Yelena, Moonstone, and Daken--and Daken's the one who has supernatural seduction powers via his ability to manipulate pheremones, and through them, people. Yelena and Moonstone just have the supernatural power of ****.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is it just me or is anyone else getting a ridiculous low amount of points per node? I can barely keep up and im getting dangerously close to checking off a bunch of nodes.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You probably need to wait 12 hours for the nodes to reset. Points will be back up to 100% and rubberbanding will help you catch up.